Paypal credit/debit card verification!! Help!!

cooldude_007 said:
That's what i've been telling you my friend! "Yes, If the debit card is linked with Visa or mastercard, you can use it for paypal transactions."
And people cant steal your money just by giving out your account number.:)
This is so damn true, My dad who is in SBI works for the credit department so he doesn't know much about internet banking and stuff, Once i asked him to get my expuse code and my dad made the internet banking manager call me, and the internet banking manager knew nothing!

If you want your expuse code without any hasel just send your transaction date and a/c number to vivekgodgift, or good luck with explaining the branch manager what paypal is :rofl:

You are doing a great job vivek, Keep it up! Guys you can trust him, He cannot do anything with your a/c numbers, Everytime you withdraw money from an ATM and the receipt that you throw away will have your a/c number and your balance!

Hi Cooldude,

Did you verify your PayPal account with SBI International Debit Card? I have applied for a new International Debit Card from SBI just for the sake of verifying! :S

amol_cool said:
Call up the paypal CC and ask them. I too was having troubles regarding the same issue and it was solved quickly over phone. Email conversations are too time consuming and often ends in no results! At least this has been my experience with paypal ;)
Hey Amol did they verify your account with your Debit card then? Which card are you using for paypal btw.

Arun1 said:
Hey Amol did they verify your account with your Debit card then? Which card are you using for paypal btw.

I use Axis bank Debit card and Paypal does accept those cards. You however might need to call the Bank's CC and suck their brains for sometime for this. I am sure paypal accepts them as I called them twice regarding this issue and they said they have no problems with that and it is at the bank's discretion thereafter.

I've the same problem of not being able to verify my paypal, I'm planning to open a HDFC bank account so that i can use netsafe and verify the paypal.

I've a few doubts though. What happens if we create a VCC using netsafe and make a purchase, say on ebay, and for some reason we needed to get a refund, say in case the seller didnt ship the product or something?

The VCC has a validity of only 24-48 hrs, but say after 7 days ebay tried to refund your payment to the same VCC we paid with, what happens then? :S

Also, if we use only a partial amount of the VCC we created it for, what happens to the remaining amount?

Lastly, is there any other bank in India offering services better than netsafe? How does Kodak Netc@rd compare with HDFC netsafe? Does SBI offer any such service?

^^after the vcc expires the remaining amount goes back to ur bank account..

i applied for a kotak account yesterday as i was using my friend's account before for purchasing online wit netc@rd and it works great.. didnt used the HDFC yet,

SBI does not provide VCC's, i guess

arun687 said:
What happens if we create a VCC using netsafe and make a purchase, say on ebay, and for some reason we needed to get a refund, say in case the seller didnt ship the product or something?

The VCC has a validity of only 24-48 hrs, but say after 7 days ebay tried to refund your payment to the same VCC we paid with, what happens then? :S

The refund will be credited back to your account. No need to worry about that. I have received refunds 2-3 times even after the card got expired and there were no problems.

I am using HDFC NetSafe and the service is really good. The unused balances are promptly refunded within 2-3 days.

Thanks guys for confirming the same. I'm now going to apply for the HDFC savings account :hap2:

Only thing I didnt like, minimum balance of 10k :mad:

yes the amount is refunded automatically back to your account. i had received a cash back from ebay after 3 weeks and it went directly to my account.

why dont you go for Zero balance account? there is also a 5k minimum balance wala account as well.

The No Frills account has a clause in which the person should not have a bank account, but I already have a Standard Chartered Account.

I'll try to get the no frills account if they let me, but I think they'll be keen to get a 10k minimum balance account whenever they have a chance!

Cant find an account with 5k minimum, can you give me a link for the same?

^^^
Ya, but I do not have a SBI account. Also, I wanted a solid account with some good netbanking features to use on the internet, like for eg, my Standard Chartered Visa Card cannot be used on godaddy, it sucks. The b2 account from ICICI is good for internet usage, but no Debit card for purchases and ATM. So overall, HDFC seems best as of now.

So planning to shut off the Standard chartered account completely and use the HDFC as the primary account. The features do seem promising, especially netsafe.

I'll see if they're willing to give a no frills, well and good, else will keep 10k with them. :)

they have mentioned that the person should not have a bank account, but i think they dont bother much and just give it to anyone.

about the minimum 5k balance account, i think that depends on the bank branch. i have that account. its basically a regular savings account except the minimum balance is 5k instead of 10k. the branch i have an account in isnt a busy/big branch. so maybe thats why they offer it. have you asked about it in your nearest branch?

here in bangalore..i was not able to open a no frills account in HDFC..the minimum should be 10k..then i went for kotak..there they told the same thing, but i came to know that there is another type of account called kotak nova account which is 5 k and available only in rural areas..

after much research i went to a place 30kms from my home where i was able to open the nova account..that was the only kotak bank in rural bangalore..llolz

Anurag2009 said:
Hi Cooldude,

Did you verify your PayPal account with SBI International Debit Card? I have applied for a new International Debit Card from SBI just for the sake of verifying! :S

Gey there,
Sorry i wasn't watching this thread, No i did not add my SBI yuva debit card as i didn't get the expuse code, However, the 1.95$ got debited. In the mean while i opened an ICICI b2b account and got a VCC with it and have been using that card with paypal, You can add your SBI debit card, contact "vivekgodgift" for your expuse code, He'll help you out.

Now that this thread came up again, got a hdfc savings account with min 10k, as I thought, they refused to give me no frills :tongue:

Back