Paypal credit/debit card verification!! Help!!

pa1pa1 said:
Does Kotak provide VCCs ? If not then will its International Debit card work with paypal?

Yes, If the debit card is linked with Visa or mastercard, you can use it for paypal transactions.

-=Unreal=- said:
I have Axis bank account and debit card, Is it possible to create Virtual credit card with axis bank debit card?
Your debit card is sufficient, Check with your bank if they provide VCC.

I just now called the paypal customer care.....to confirm whether i could verify my paypal account with "SBI Yuva Debit Card (VISA)", ...

and to my surprise they said YES u can untill its is under the VISA recognition BELT.

I asked them about the absence of 4-digit pin in the statement (as mentioned by cooldude_007 in the first post of this thread)... to which he (customer care guy) replied that u need to go down to ur branch and get the TRANSACTION BRIEF in which the code may be present.

So no need to give ur Acc No. to anyone...

ya .... it has some work to be done..

but its better the compromising ur security of ur hard-earned money !!!
:hap2::hap2:

^ Yes the bank will be able to provide you with the details. But the problem is that the officials sitting in the bank wont be aware of Paypal and will take a long time explaining it to them.

vivekgodgift said:
People Good news is SBI Gold international Debit Cards / SBI Yuva Cards can be verified with Paypal. But however you have to approach you branch for he expuse no. If you have problems explaining them, you may contact me at getverifiedpaypal@statebank.org.in

Inorder to help you find the expuse no, after the transaction, please wait for two days, email to the address given above with account no will mail you back with expuse no.

Its both way confidential.

Regards,

Vivek Godgift J
SBI, Chennai

gin.of.da.game said:
I just now called the paypal customer care.....to confirm whether i could verify my paypal account with "SBI Yuva Debit Card (VISA)", ...

and to my surprise they said YES u can untill its is under the VISA recognition BELT.

I asked them about the absence of 4-digit pin in the statement (as mentioned by cooldude_007 in the first post of this thread)... to which he (customer care guy) replied that u need to go down to ur branch and get the TRANSACTION BRIEF in which the code may be present.

hey gin.of.da.game, I offered to help only if the branch does not give you the expuse code, and thank you. please read the posts fully before posting as i have clearly mentioned that if you have problems getting the code from the branch you can contact me.....

Vivek Godgift J
State Bank of India

gin.of.da.game said:

That's what i've been telling you my friend! "Yes, If the debit card is linked with Visa or mastercard, you can use it for paypal transactions."

And people cant steal your money just by giving out your account number.:)

varkey said:
^ Yes the bank will be able to provide you with the details. But the problem is that the officials sitting in the bank wont be aware of Paypal and will take a long time explaining it to them.

This is so damn true, My dad who is in SBI works for the credit department so he doesn't know much about internet banking and stuff, Once i asked him to get my expuse code and my dad made the internet banking manager call me, and the internet banking manager knew nothing!

If you want your expuse code without any hasel just send your transaction date and a/c number to vivekgodgift, or good luck with explaining the branch manager what paypal is :rofl:

vivekgodgift said:
hey gin.of.da.game, I offered to help only if the branch does not give you the expuse code, and thank you. please read the posts fully before posting as i have clearly mentioned that if you have problems getting the code from the branch you can contact me.....

You are doing a great job vivek, Keep it up! Guys you can trust him, He cannot do anything with your a/c numbers, Everytime you withdraw money from an ATM and the receipt that you throw away will have your a/c number and your balance!

Just if some TE's don't know you can call up the paypal customer care for FREE using Skype. Just call on this number - +18882211161

Also Axis Bank debit cards are accepted by paypal. I just called up the CC and confirmed this. Also added to mine :)

amol_cool said:
Just if some TE's don't know you can call up the paypal customer care for FREE using Skype. Just call on this number - +18882211161

Also Axis Bank debit cards are accepted by paypal. I just called up the CC and confirmed this. Also added to mine :)

hi, i have an AXIS BANK Gold Plus Debit Card, but have been unable to add that card to my paypal account for varification purpuses, infact havent been able to add even my ICICI international Debit card with this, i dont know what i can do, is there any one who can help with getting my paypal account varified.??

amol_cool said:

Thanks for the number, Now I don't have to wait for 1months before they reply to my Email. :eek:hyeah:

redscorpion_11 said:
hi, i have an AXIS BANK Gold Plus Debit Card, but have been unable to add that card to my paypal account for varification purpuses, infact havent been able to add even my ICICI international Debit card with this, i dont know what i can do, is there any one who can help with getting my paypal account varified.??

Call up the paypal CC and ask them. I too was having troubles regarding the same issue and it was solved quickly over phone. Email conversations are too time consuming and often ends in no results! At least this has been my experience with paypal ;)

Sorry for posting the query in this thread but err I need to open a new Paypal account and need to know procedure for the same.was feeling lazy to create a new thread :ashamed:

I have a ICICI savings account with a debit card and net banking.Can that be used for paypal ?

How does paypal exactly work ? any help :p.Totally new to Paypal

opening account to buy stuff from dealextreme/ ebay international etc.

^ you can open a paypal account without anything. but you need to verify the account for transactions (although i think you can do a few transactions without verification). for verification, you need to have a credit card. or as some people claim here, specific debit cards work.

i dont think its possible with icici. youll have to get a credit card, or open an account in another bank whose debit cards work for verification.

i have an hdfc account. hdfc provides the facility of creating a virtual credit card from your debit card. i have verified my paypal with the help of this VCC. however it is not recommended to use a VCC for verifying you paypal, it is better to use a real credit card.

you could try opening a paypal account on your dad's name if possible.

FaH33m said:
Sorry for posting the query in this thread but err I need to open a new Paypal account and need to know procedure for the same.was feeling lazy to create a new thread :ashamed:

I have a ICICI savings account with a debit card and net banking.Can that be used for paypal ?
How does paypal exactly work ? any help :p.Totally new to Paypal

opening account to buy stuff from dealextreme/ ebay international etc.
Basically paypal is like a virtual bank that helps you protect exposing your cedit/debit card directly. You load/receive money in your paypal account and you make purchase directly from it! If the funds are low in your account that the amount of the product bought, the excess funds are deducted from your credit/debit card that is attached to your paypal account. Hence paypal asks for verification using debit/credit card.

However, there are MANY sites that don't need verifications and if you have $$ in your paypal account you can make purchases without verificaition as well. You can ask your friend/relative to transfer you some money in your paypal account. :)

I tried using my Indian Overseas Bank International debit card with paypal(it has a 'Visa' logo on it)

But it didn't work!!:(

And I don't have a CC!

Back