Paypal credit/debit card verification!! Help!!

Hello all,

I got my new visa debit card from State bank of india and i tried to add the card in my paypal a/c, Everything was successful, even the 1.xx$ was debited from my bank a/c, To verify the card, i'm supposed to enter the 4 digit pin which comes in bank a/c statement.

Example:

Transactions Amt

Paypal xxxx 98.39Rs

^^ That is what i'm supposed to get in my bank a/c statement,

All i got is this

POS PRCH AMT

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3 xxxxxxxxx101 00000001 98.93rs

Which code am i supposed to enter?? :S

Please help me out, I want to buy something online. :cry:

Maybe you should call the customer care and ask. Anyway Indian debit cards do not really work with paypal. SBI's visa card is the only debit card which is even accepted in Paypal.

For me it came in my CC statement like this
XXXXPAYPAL--*EXPUSE

PS : Dont put your debit card number publicly. The first 16 digit number seems to be your debit card number. :p

@redx What are VCC cards?

^^ Holy that was my card number, damn!! Anyway, like ICICI and HDFC bank, i dont get complete details like POS PRCH "-shop detials-", I just get some damn numbers, I tried calling the SBI customer care and they seemed like a bunch of uneducated people knowing nothing.

Where do u have ur bank a/c?

cooldude_007 said:
@redx What are VCC cards?

^^ Holy that was my card number, damn!! Anyway, like ICICI and HDFC bank, i dont get complete details like POS PRCH "-shop detials-", I just get some damn numbers, I tried calling the SBI customer care and they seemed like a bunch of uneducated people knowing nothing.

Where do u have ur bank a/c?

VCC - Virtual Credit Card

Banks like Kotak, HDFC give an option to create one time use Virtual Credit Cards which you can use to make payments online etc. You can verify Paypal also using that.

I verified using my Credit Card. Anyway I found this thread in another forum discussing the same issue with SBI Visa Card and paypal verification. Please check it out.

Paypal verification for (SBI Internation Debit Card) (View Single Post)

He had to visit the branch to get the paypal verification code. Although I recommend getting an HDFC or an ICICI b2 account for trouble free usage. :)

varkey said:
VCC - Virtual Credit Card

Banks like Kotak, HDFC give an option to create one time use Virtual Credit Cards which you can use to make payments online etc. You can verify Paypal also using that.

I verified using my Credit Card. Anyway I found this thread in another forum discussing the same issue with SBI Visa Card and paypal verification. Please check it out.

Paypal verification for (SBI Internation Debit Card) (View Single Post)

He had to visit the branch to get the paypal verification code. Although I recommend getting an HDFC or an ICICI b2 account for trouble free usage. :)

Ah common SBI :(
I can pay a visit to a branch but i'll have hard time explaining them each and everything. My dad is a General Manager at SBI, I'll ask him to do it:eek:hyeah:
Ya, i want to open an account in a nice/advanced bank but the problem is that you have to keep a minimum of 10k in HDFC bank, They dont even have a special a/c for students, I enquired ICICI and they have an a/c for students which is a pain to apply, U need to get sings of principals, your entire course details and stuff.

try entering x101 or google which digits you have to enter..or ask them..i do not remember but had this problem and hit and trial worked in time...best option ask them which digits

lol if you dad is SBI GM, he will obviously give you 10k for maintaining the min deposit.

get Kotak Easy plan, 100 Rs is MIN, its a no frills plan.

titana said:
try entering x101 or google which digits you have to enter..or ask them..i do not remember but had this problem and hit and trial worked in time...best option ask them which digits

Tried, Did not work :(

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
lol if you dad is SBI GM, he will obviously give you 10k for maintaining the min deposit.
get Kotak Easy plan, 100 Rs is MIN, its a no frills plan.

lol he will but that 10k is untouchable, i dont find it good,
I called the kotak Customer care and i'm opening an a/c there :clap:
Thank you akshay, BTW my name is akshay too ;)

Its has lame eligibility criteria ! The HDFC no-frills

The following are eligible to open a 'No Frills' Savings Account:

Resident Individuals (sole or joint account).

Hindu Undivided Families.

Account Operation

No Initial Payment is required to open a 'No Frills' account and No Average Quarterly Balance needs to be maintained.

Eligibility Criteria

Customer can open a No Frills Savings account if he:

Does not have a bank account & has an annual income of less than or equal to Rs. 50,000/- or

Does not have a bank account & is a beneficiary under a Government Welfare Scheme

cooldude_007 said:
^^ What a criteria:rofl: Anyway i'll try kotak, I like HDFC though :(

Lol Don't worry about the criteria. They won't check all that. When I opened the account they didn't check anything. I got the instant account opening kit which included cheque book, atm card etc etc. Took 4-5 days for activation though.

Once you get the account activated you will need to visit the branch and apply for the International Debit card which you need to create VCC's. :p

varkey said:
Lol Don't worry about the criteria. They won't check all that. When I opened the account they didn't check anything. I got the instant account opening kit which included cheque book, atm card etc etc. Took 4-5 days for activation though.

Once you get the account activated you will need to visit the branch and apply for the International Debit card which you need to create VCC's. :p
kotak salary account rocks :eek:hyeah:

ys i also had CC verification problem on ebay n then switched to mobile verification dat to dint work , then did verification via a landline:S

varkey said:

What ? due you really need International Visa Debit card for getting access to their Virtual Credit Card ?

I tried using HDFC netsafe VCC...but the money debited by paypal is not showing in my statement..

hw many days will it take???

^ It will be credited to your Paypal account only. So wait 2-3 days and check your paypal account, it should be there. :)

Edit : Lol I thought you asked about the refund of the $1.95 charged :p

Back