Nirbhaya documentary: Why Javed Akhtar, Anu Aga's views differ completely

This is not banned. must watch.
Almost died laughing...

EDIT: Actually dont watch it. self introspection taught me that its a waste of time. 27.35 to be precise.

Last edited:
We are looking like bigger morons now, by serving a notice to BBC. It would have been less embarrassing to have allowed the footage to be aired. The whole world scoffs at us......!

I had seen an interview of the girl's friend in the months that followed that crime. Googled now for them but I do not remember if these were the ones I saw.

if you think that this documentary will some how help change attitudes/prevent rapes then you are living in a fools paradise. that can only be done by educating the children the right way (& not just in schools)

this is what the docu's filmmaker thinks about India

B_WFohHUsAA0ZMM.jpg

so an entire people is painted with 1 brush because of the thoughts/actions of some. would this happen elsewhere? if 2 members of a family are criminals does that mean the whole family is?

has even 1/10th of coverage been given to the Rotherham scandal? at least many Indians protested after Nirbhaya incident & came to the streets in disgust

not denying for 1 moment that we have a huge problem & we need to address it immediately & with great vigor. but currently its portrayed as if India is the undisputed "leader" in the world with a "rape culture" where more Indian men are rapists then not

read this

https://mariawirthblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/why-this-focus-on-rapes-in-india-by-world-media/

Judging from media reports, India has a BIG problem with rape. No other country seems to come even close. All over the globe “another rape in India” is reported ever so often. On my last visit to Germany, I jolted when on 27. December 2013 the most popular TV news ended with “another gang rape in India”. It was one of only five topics of the 15 minutes broadcast.

Even my sister wondered how a gang rape in India made it to the main news in Germany. That same day in a conservative estimate, over a thousand rapes would have been committed all over the world. In the USA some 200, in South Africa some 170.

With so much crime happening everywhere, why is India being singled out and shamed with “another gang rape”, when it actually has only a fraction of the crimes other countries have in relative numbers? In absolute numbers of course it would be no surprise if India with her huge population of four times the size of the United States were number one apart from China. Even then it is not number one. USA is.

Do not trust 'Freedom of speech' activists too much. Everyone one has an agenda. Truth, even when told most plainly, can have a bias.

Indian = Rapist would be a good addition to their arsenal to fight against Indians.

If anyone believes the western media is only interested in 'Truth', they should visit a psychiatrist.

This has already happened. Plenty of tweets by westerners about the "Rape Culture" in India

Actually Indians gets their jimmies rustled when some westerners points a problem in our glorious country.

example: when Obama said about religious intolerance.

Same is happening now. Instead of the message, we attack the messenger. and will make it a nationalism issue. Now goal posts have been shifted and India is free of rapes. Lets attack westerners and on their problems. Thats how it is in India.

It's a bit rich coming from him when racial intolerance is at a peak in his own country. would he like Modi giving a condescending speech about it when he's in NY next time & tells them to remember the words of MLK & if he were alive how he would feel now

One more favorite argument that people in our country often use is blaming everything on "western culture". But in reality, India based civilizations are much much older than everything else and everything bad that exists in western cultures have often originated and been in India since several millenniums before the west had anything more than nomads and then propagated to the west.

why only western cultures? why not just say everything bad in the whole entire universe that ever existed & that currently exists & will come into existence from now on is the fault of big, bad, evil, diabolical India

^Being everything said, the document did not interview or did not give a reason for not interviewing the male friend of Jyothi who witnessed the entire horror. I feel his account is the most important bit which is missing.

you wouldnt want people to think that there are men in India that arent rapists now would you?

if you think that this documentary will some how help change attitudes/prevent rapes then you are living in a fools paradise. that can only be done by educating the children the right way (& not just in schools)
This documentary was hoping to help with that. if you noticed a number of people are trying to do just that in this thread. Anybody listening ?

this is what the docu's filmmaker thinks about India

B_WFohHUsAA0ZMM.jpg

so an entire people is painted with 1 brush because of the thoughts/actions of some. would this happen elsewhere? if 2 members of a family are criminals does that mean the whole family is?
This is the whole interview, remarks to be read in the context in which they were made.

at least many Indians protested after Nirbhaya incident & came to the streets in disgust
THAT btw was her primary motivation. watch.

not denying for 1 moment that we have a huge problem & we need to address it immediately & with great vigor. but currently its portrayed as if India is the undisputed "leader" in the world with a "rape culture" where more Indian men are rapists then not
no, she's done similar vids about south africa & the uk too. watch her interview. she was raped herself, she's big into crimes against women, anywhere in the world. She is the right person for the job.

This has already happened. Plenty of tweets by westerners about the "Rape Culture" in India
Any more than we say ourselves ? if so then we are in trouble otherwise we will be ok.

Last edited:
I trust the courts.
My point was the judgement was a lot more graphic than this doc. What the doc showed was an insight into the minds of these people. I now understand to a certain extent why it was so brutal. One of the guys was on steroids.

Not interested in foreign journalists passing verdict.
Watch the vid. all over youtube, can't not find it. I don't recall any 'verdict' being passed other than what the perps and their lawyers said.

I don't get the point about foreign or not. as i sadi earlier malicious is easy to dispose off, brutally honest is harder and therefore more valuable.

in an interview she said what was shocking wasn't the act but their thinking that motivated them into the act and yet she could not detect any hint of regret. What is all this fuss about, it happens all the time (!)

Women should not strive to be anything more than housewives. That jyothi was clearly different and fought them enraged them further. She shouldn't have done that and accepted what was happening without resisting.

That is a big slap on the aspiring young of this country. That same aspiring young are primarily responsible for the present govts in office. Piss them off and you won't stay in office long.

Last edited:
numbers like that are difficult to contextualise within a country let alone between countries.

number of rape incidents are likely to rise these days as the media encourages people to go forward. Not be silent. Still there are problems. some times the cops refuse to take the case because they can't protect the victim. this btw is a major reason why rapes dont get reported. fear that if the perp does not get convicted he will take revenge failing which his friends or family will. This is more important than any honour.

Think about spousal abuse, will the wife complain ? if she does she loses a bread winner and the children a father. People grow up with this and they consider it normal. How to change that ?

its a really hard and broad topic and things like what will people think about India are seriously the least of the problem.

Or has she become 'law abiding' in his case?
I am still waiting for you comment on the culture, the issue at hand which you have been avoiding by attacking the messenger.

For a moment lets assume that the film maker is white supremacist and evil. even then, what about the documentary? what about #MLSharma and other lawyer? and people who think like them? How do you feel about these guys?

I am still waiting for you comment on the culture, the issue at hand which you have been avoiding by attacking the messenger.

This messenger has already 'conculded' that it is a sick society (techfan's post above). That was the idea of the whole project. She is giving herself away too easily (already pulled out the 'Freedom of speech' trump card and how she thought it would help in reducing rape 'all over the world');

I have lived in Delhi and am aware of the attitude of men towards women in that part of the country (still have family there). There is nothing hidden from anyone who reads the news. But this movie isn't about the problem at all.

I have lived in Delhi and am aware of the attitude of men towards women in that part of the country (still have family there). There is nothing hidden from anyone who reads the news.
And what do you make of it ?

But this movie isn't about the problem at all.
You're still dodging the issue. See, this is the wider problem. And the govt coming up with ways (poorly) to make this go away is further contributing to it.

I wonder whether an Indian can make a documentary like this or can only a foreigner pull it off ?

Last edited:
This messenger has already 'conculded' that it is a sick society (techfan's post above).
have you read the full interview?
But this movie isn't about the problem at all.
have you seen the documentary?
I have lived in Delhi and am aware of the attitude of men towards women in that part of the country (still have family there).
so you acknowledging that there is a problem with the mentality.

Back