Nirbhaya documentary: Why Javed Akhtar, Anu Aga's views differ completely

It is high time that an Indian makes a documentary on how we, as Indians, are subjected to visa denials, stopped from reunification with families, or contact with spouses, simply because we are Indians. Most Europeans never have to deal with such discriminatory practices. Even our most famous actors and our presidents get stopped by security at airports, while, at the same time, someone from Europe and appearing to be white, is able to walk into any protected and sensitive security zone. Why this disparity?

LOL about the so called visa denials and making some documentary about it. The author is out of his mind. Its literally grasping at straws.

It is funny how our people criticize increase in visa charges or amendments made to rules as if their birth rights are being violated. When will Indians realize that a visa is a privilege given by the foreign country and not their bloody birth right. A country can deny you visa on a mere whim. They don't have to give you a reason and there is nothing you can do about it.

As for so called proclamation of bias, the crux of the problem in most cases is that Indians feel entitled to special treatment every where they go. Indians behave as if rules that apply to everyone else cannot be applied to them. They want to be treated exceptionally. If they are not given such special treatment, they call it discrimination. Apart from that, any bias that does exist in countries like US is because of the countless visa frauds and violation of rules committed by Indians in such a casual manner. A lot of IT workers indulge in such behaviour. Even when I went for my US VISA interview, the fellow before me in line had fake papers with him. He had a letter on fake Satyam letterhead and other stuff. Lucky for him, the people in charge of document verification outside the office are all Indians and they rejected and asked him to get out. In most cases, I would have expected that he would be booked for the fraud.

Further, I fully agree with what asingh as posted about why visas get denied for Indian folk. I have seen it with my own eyes and also My aunt has worked in US embassy in Chennai for quite a while.

Parents wanting to visit their children in US is fine and all, but how do you expect them to issue visa to an uneducated person who can barely put a signature, cannot speak in anything other than their mother tongue, does not book a translator, does not know anything about where their son or daughter lives in US, appear confused about most questions, cannot answer questions like about how many children they have in India and other countries, does not have all the necessary documents in order and the money in his account deposited just a few days before the interview. That is often the state of things. If such people are allowed, would they even be able to respond when a cop challenges them when they are on their own? When some bad consequence happens because of such encounters, people try to blame it as racist treatment.

^being all that said, I am against the concept of visa itself. but then its a matter of another big discussion. but yeah, from what I observed here in OZ is that people follow the rules to the book. so much so that sometimes it feels that they are insensitive and inhuman. but they follow it to the last detail.

Y U NO guys get sarcasm :(

Lot of people were complaining that BBC was hypocrite and they don't air shows which show UK in bad light.

edit: ninja'ed by @anuragingle. spot on mate.

Last edited:
Documentary about gang rape wins Indian national film award

A documentary about the gang rape and killing of medical student Jyoti Singh has won a prize at the National film awards in India – but not the controversial film India’s Daughter, made by British film-maker Leslee Udwin.

What director says:
Like India’s Daughter, her film looks at the horrific incident and its aftermath, but Bakshi criticised Udwin’s film: “My idea was to sensitise audiences towards crimes against women as opposed to Udwin’s film that sensationalised the issue by giving one of the rapists a chance to express his views.”

it already won an award but i never heard about it until now.
When did it come out ?
That was my initial reaction... but I dont want to draw any conclusions without watching it. I tried to search the net yesterday to find if the documentary is available online. even as paid. but I did not find any way to watch it.

Back