Nirbhaya documentary: Why Javed Akhtar, Anu Aga's views differ completely

Again you make ad hominem attack. In case you missed:

okay, I will give you one more chance. point me in the documentary where it's spreading propaganda and/or showing India in a bad image falsely.

And I feel sorry and sad to say that these people who think it embarrasses our country are the same ones who think women getting raped embarrass their family. Even 21st century we have this fcked up views.[DOUBLEPOST=1425551758][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can some kind soul tell me how to see / download the documentary? :(
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05534p0/storyville-20142015-19-indias-daughter#group=p01r5kv9 is not allowed from India
Check YouTube

Mirrors: Youtube, Vimeo

Last edited:
Actually Indians gets their jimmies rustled when some westerners points a problem in our glorious country.
Hehe yeah.

Way i see it is if a foreigner can credibly slam your country better than you can then you have a problem. I always welcome any criticism. We are in a global world and the more they speak about us the better.

The malicious stuff is easy to ignore, the constructive and honest is harder. On some boards indian narratives get mercilessly thrashed, many times they help me to see the BS in them. Can't get those insights on indian boards, its an echo chamber and suffers from tunnel vision.

example: when Obama said about religious intolerance.

Same is happening now. Instead of the message, we attack the messenger. and will make it a nationalism issue. Now goal posts have been shifted and India is free of rapes. Lets attack westerners and on their problems. Thats how it is in India.
These people are blind and incapable of self-criticism. Always what did you do to me never what is wrong with me.

Last edited:
Majority of these opposing voices to the documentary are also the ones wanting to torture, castrate, publicly hang those culprits. Or in other words, erase them and the incident as soon as possible from the collective memory of the nation. A quick fix solution is what they want not realizing the rot lies within, which is something that is not going to vanish by hanging the perpetrators or banning this documentary. Facing the truth head on has never been India's forte, this controversy just proves it.

Do not trust 'Freedom of speech' activists too much. Everyone one has an agenda. Truth, even when told most plainly, can have a bias.
Did you read the courts judgement on this case. It was pretty graphic and you would need a stiff drink after. They described everything that happen so as to make a basis for prosecution. Its a public document available on the net for the world to see. Its an official document.

Do you trust the court ? what bias did it have.

The western media has already managed to equate muslims with terrorists. Result, widespread discrimination against them in totally unrelated areas.
99.5% victims of these terrorists are muslims if you consider north africa, middle east and south asia. Nothing muslim or islamic about terrorism. This is primarily a muslim fight but the bad news is the muslims are unwilling to wage that fight. So the bad guys are winning, muslims are losing and being blamed for it.

Indian = Rapist would be a good addition to their arsenal to fight against Indians.

Every country/society controls the message about itself. India too should play the game to its advantage.
They can counter but controlling it is difficult to do in this digital age (thankfully).

I am not saying we do not have a problem, but do not allow the activist types to set the narrative and drag you down.
How about we are all adults and should not be treated like children. We can use our own capacity to understand or reject what goes on. We do it every few years when elections come around.

EDIT: In 1927, Katherine Mayo wrote a book Mother India attacking Indian society and its culture. Technically it only claimed to document the reality, but the subtext was that Indians are unfit to rule themselves. Gandhi appropriately called it 'Drain inspector report'.

If anyone believes the western media is only interested in 'Truth', they should visit a psychiatrist.
All media is about selling a product. The truth comes from discussion, debate which most people do not have the time to do. Its hard work. Takes weeks and months. All we get are snippets. if you're not in the club you are mostly flying blind.

Last edited:
okay, I will give you one more chance. point me in the documentary wher

The documentary interviews a group of misogynist indians. 'All Indians are misogynists' is the unsaid message. As I said, a journalist has the power to change the truth and the narrative and we shouldn't let them have it.

India should do everything to control its image within and outside the country. I am glad the govt is awake.

[DOUBLEPOST=1425556641][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you trust the court ? what bias did it have.

I trust the courts. Not interested in foreign journalists passing verdict.

Last edited:
Can't do much if you do not even read my posts. Go and read it again. I have mentioned a recent case of BBC's biased reporting against India which prompted a UK MP to admonish them.

He's talking about the documentary in question, not BBC in general.
BTW, you're doing exactly what you are complaining about.

BBC, like many other news agency, is as much a propaganda organization as it is a news agency

Baseless allegations in other words.

^Being everything said, the document did not interview or did not give a reason for not interviewing the male friend of Jyothi who witnessed the entire horror. I feel his account is the most important bit which is missing.

^Being everything said, the document did not interview or did not give a reason for not interviewing the male friend of Jyothi who witnessed the entire horror. I feel his account is the most important bit which is missing.
I am still downloading it.

I guess if someone had gone through the horror and pain like what he had endured, it would be very difficult to recollect the thing once again. I guess someone would need therapy to get over such an incident.

The views of urban, educated defense lawyers is even more sickening:

M L Sharma: "Girl is a soft flower and we should protect it. Girl is a precious diamond and it can't be kept on road".

Another defense lawyer A. P. Singh: "A girl should go with her uncle, father, or grandfather. She should not go out at night with her boy friends. If my own daughter or sister did anything unacceptable socially I will burn her in front of all the family members".

Back