Need help in purchasing a refrigerator.

If you've removed the tapes then it can be done 1person. If there is a wobble, the weight will be on one foot which will be tight to adjust and the other one will be adjustable by hand. I held it in tilt while my dad removed the tapes. After that, I just sat down and adjusted the foot that was wobbling.
The thing is, it is already levelled hence the screws are tight. But the manual clearly says it should be levelled with a slight inclination from front to back. I tried last night to loosen but since it was resting on it's foot, I couldn't move it. So I will need someone to tilt and another loosen it so it has an inclination.
I have the demo guy coming today, will ask for his help with some money.
Did the LG guy come for your demo? Also, have you got ridden of the strong odour that comes when fridge is newly installed. I switched on at 1 am and in the morning at 10 am, the smell was there, though not heavy as it was last night. I am assuming it will go with time hence the 24 hour hiatus.

The thing is, it is already levelled hence the screws are tight. But the manual clearly says it should be levelled with a slight inclination from front to back. I tried last night to loosen but since it was resting on it's foot, I couldn't move it. So I will need someone to tilt and another loosen it so it has an inclination.
Did the LG guy come for your demo? Also, have you got ridden of the strong odour that comes when fridge is newly installed. I switched on at 1 am and in the morning at 10 am, the smell was there, though not heavy as it was last night. I am assuming it will go with time hence the 24 hour hiatus.
The demo guy just arrived. I didn't notice any strong smell yesterday but I wasn't particularly looking for it. I'll check today and report back.

That strong smell is due to plastics and that there was no air circulation within the fridge for days as it sits in the warehouse. It's normal and it should go away. My only concern was how much time will it take and any impact on food items. It's nothing stale or like that, it's just like you entered a room with new furniture but the room was locked for a year.

i had a bad experience with lG the heating element preventing freezing of coolant in pipes failed 4 years in. Had to throw away whole fridge.Same with LG microwave had quality issues with it. Avoid lg.
And which brand do you recommend instead for. Mention the model#s or link to them

1) Fridge
2) Microwave

And a heating element isn't expensive to replace. Why didn't you get that done instead of paying much more for a new fridge ?

The thing is, it is already levelled hence the screws are tight.
Being tight has nothing to do with levelling. It is tight because its completely screwed in. You have to unscrew it to raise the fridge.

Your floor might not be level if its tiled. Getting this exact isn't as important as with a front loader but its good to do.
I didn't give the demo guy any money and he fixed the noise.
I'd have just left the door open over night. Did not notice any strong smell when mine arrived. It just had a nice new smell.

Last edited:
And which brand do you recommend instead for. Mention the model#s or link to them

1) Fridge
2) Microwave

And a heating element isn't expensive to replace. Why didn't you get that done instead of paying much more for a new fridge ?
The whole body is a heating element. Atleast the model i had had this unibody one distributed and integrated through the fridge body. Luckily lg offered a buyback paid a good amount as reimbursement.
Samsung/IFB for microwave, Fridge Samsung only.

Being tight has nothing to do with levelling. It is tight because its completely screwed in. You have to unscrew it to raise the fridge.

Your floor might not be level if its tiled. Getting this exact isn't as important as with a front loader but its good to do.
I didn't give the demo guy any money and he fixed the noise.
I was trying to move it when the screws were resting on the floor and taking the entire weight of the machine. There was no way I could move it. LG needs to mention that in case of alignment, it should be tilted from the rear first to have access to the screws
So the LG demo guy came and he make proper inclination from front to the rear. If is definitely a two-person job unless the person is heavily built to take up the entire weight. The guy was built enough to tilt the machine using his back and move the screws. So now the fridge door closes on its own but not the freezer. He told that that won't happen or he mentioned adding some weight to the freezer shelf so the weight would help in closing it. Didn't try it, but it seems the issue of tilting the machine is resolved. He said this is what we do when we visit for demo as he was unable to understand when I mentioned machine is not tilted from front to rear.:rolleyes:
The reason for money was incase if he decided not to level, then I would have to escalate the issue for which I didn't have time. But glad he did it. Seems like offering Extended Warranty is more of a purpose for demo visit than actual visit.
I'd have just left the door open over night. Did not notice any strong smell when mine arrived. It just had a nice new smell.
Yeah, I should have done that when the fridge was in non-operational mode for 4 hours. Anyways, I decided to switch it off yesteday and kept the entire thing open allowing the air to circulate and remove the new smell. It has reduced considerably, and hopefully will reduce with time.

So given the use-case, average units consumed should be 1-1.5unit/day which should bring to 30u/day or 360u/year. Still breaches the claim of 260u/year, but then its early days and the readings from BEE are idealistically set. But, I am still happy given that my earlier fridge would consume more than 4u/day. Hopefully this lasts long enough as Samsung.

Last edited:
The whole body is a heating element. Atleast the model i had had this unibody one distributed and integrated through the fridge body. Luckily lg offered a buyback paid a good amount as reimbursement.
Single door model ? Those are the easiest to service I thought with no electronics. And I would have thought the most reliable because they are the simplest.

Did you get it looked at ? Heating element does not come on can mean thermostat was not working, timer was not working and then heating element not working.

When you use words like unibody & integrated i get the impression you need a heat gun to open it. Don't tell me they're sealing these fridges so simple maintenance cannot be done :(

The idea is the same with any fridge.

Most common cause of the problem ? user error. Door was not closed (!)

This is why raising the front is a good idea ;)

Samsung/IFB for microwave, Fridge Samsung only.
Samsung house :)

Your comments remind me of what I used to hear about hard drives 10 years ago.

NEVER buy western digital
NEVER buy seagate

hehe
So now the fridge door closes on its own but not the freezer. He told that that won't happen or he mentioned adding some weight to the freezer shelf so the weight would help in closing it.
Interesting. Neither does my freezer door close on its own. It will move to close like the fridge door but it stops a couple of inches before shutting because there is something in the hinge stopping it. I suppose if you load up the shelves in the door the momentum would make it close. Or if you opened it wide enough the speed would carry it through. But open it just 5 inches and it stops a couple of inches from closing. Correct.

Hmm, I wonder why they designed the hinge like that. Meaning i don't think its a defect. The hinge was designed like that. Freezer door is arguably the most important door to keep closed.

Fine, so i left it like that open by 2 inches and a minute later the door alarm sounded so that's that.

Didn't try it, but it seems the issue of tilting the machine is resolved. He said this is what we do when we visit for demo as he was unable to understand when I mentioned machine is not tilted from front to rear.:rolleyes:
Heh, told you. I didn't know about this for years and the last fridge door would be open many times and only to discover in the morning. It was a manual defrost so we just did that but as the second video above shows if the doors are not closed your fridge is going to develop problems sooner.
The reason for money was incase if he decided not to level, then I would have to escalate the issue for which I didn't have time. But glad he did it. Seems like offering Extended Warranty is more of a purpose for demo visit than actual visit.
Yeah and introduce himself to a new client. You want good after sales support then this is how it pays for itself.

Your question earlier about paying for warranty fixes. It seems abroad only the parts are covered but labour if any is chargeable. I don't see why that would not apply in India also.
So given the use-case, average units consumed should be 1-1.5unit/day which should bring to 30u/day or 360u/year. Still breaches the claim of 260u/year, but then its early days and the readings from BEE are idealistically set.
Measure for a week then tell us the average.

My fridge consumes more like 370 units a year instead of the stated 237 on the BEE label for 4 stars. It might be less in the colder season.
But, I am still happy given that my earlier fridge would consume more than 4u/day. Hopefully this lasts long enough as Samsung.
4 units is crazy, not even the kelvinator did that.

You said you lived in a salty environment, yet your previous fridge lasted 16 years. The life of these fridges is twenty years.

Your experience i think is not very different to others not living in the same climate.

So what appliances or devices have you lost that went sooner than expected ? whether this salty air claim really affects you or not.

Last edited:
That's exactly the point. Every brand had disgruntled people telling you to avoid them
True. My dad will swear by LG because of our 15year old LG Split and Flipkart put me off haier because the first time i bought that brand Washing machine, something burst and went up in smokes during the first demo run

Interesting. Neither does my freezer door close on its own. It will move to close like the fridge door but it stops a couple of inches before shutting because there is something in the hinge stopping it. I suppose if you load up the shelves in the door the momentum would make it close. Or if you opened it wide enough the speed would carry it through. But open it just 5 inches and it stops a couple of inches from closing. Correct.

Hmm, I wonder why they designed the hinge like that. Meaning i don't think its a defect. The hinge was designed like that. Freezer door is arguably the most important door to keep closed.

Fine, so i left it like that open by 2 inches and a minute later the door alarm sounded so that's that.
I think it has to do more with the hinge design and the angle of inclination, atleast in my case. Just now tried loading the freezer shelves with approx 1000ml liquid which included 5 small carton milk. Tried to keep it open. It won't close on its own. Maybe my angle is less. I mean the reason for the LG for inclination was to ensure the condensate flows back to the rear and into the tray rather than being stuck. So he ensured a sufficient angle. Or it could really be that the freezer hinge is a bit stiff than the fridge. Honestly, can't make out the difference. It would be nice to have this provision, especially when you are moving some heavy item or a very cold item from freezer and you forget to close it. Happened with my Dad, but with fridge zone. Atleast this inclination takes care of the fridge zone.
Yeah and introduce himself to a new client. You want good after sales support then this is how it pays for itself.
In most of the cases, the product going wrong is 10% manufacturing defect and 90% defective installation. Being "jugadu", cheap hacks is in our blood and we are proud to use it anywhere, wherever possible. Check any installation AC video from a foreign country and ours. Night and Day difference.
Companies know this and hence this extended warranty(EW) and stuff. If every labour person does his job properly, then the actual problems will come down to almost nil. But if the problems are nil, then how will these people survive, or the industry survive. We are a highly competitive market and companies will try to find innovative ways to keep costs down initially. EW is one of those measures.
I asked him the visiting charges and it varied from 200 for <300L; 600 for 300-450; 800 for 450+L and for ultra premium it's 1000. I find no common sense in the visiting charges decided by your capacity but business sense does tell me that if a person can get a 350L fridge, they he can pay 660 for visiting charges. Similar to what Apple does.
Your question earlier about paying for warranty fixes. It seems abroad only the parts are covered but labour if any is chargeable. I don't see why that would not apply in India also.
A labour is work an individual performs using his skills and hence its common sense to renumerate him. Parts are made by machine and the company pays the person who operates the machine. In India, labour exploitation is a rule. We are known for taking undue advantage of them just because they don't have any voice, hence resorting to such tactics. Not to say all such people are bad, I have known some whose workmanship skills are commendable, but we rarely praise or recognise them.
4 units is crazy, not even the kelvinator did that.
For the 4 units it consumed, i can say for sure that my freezer was nothing short of North Pole. And that too on the lowest setting. I had instances of frostbites so I had to rely on some cloth to keep my palms safe. Maybe the LG compressor was too powerful for my Samsung fridge, that it ended up damaging the internals. It would be anybody's guess what it would becomes inside if I cracked up the knob.
You said you lived in a salty environment, yet your previous fridge lasted 16 years. The life of these fridges is twenty years.
Make that fifteen. The compressor was malfunctioning last year(as told by the local guy, no way to verify it) and he suggested to get a new compressor.
IMO, devices of the earlier generation were built to last. My colour Tv from Nelco brought in the 80's was working till last year or two. I have given it in my village when we got the Samsung tv and fridge when moving to a new house. Definitely recovered my investment. I could have repaired that fridge since it was the thermostat not working, but I didn't want a yearly expenditure of Ru 2k. But more importantly, it was the electric bill which was denting a hole into my pocket.
So what appliances or devices have you lost that went sooner than expected ? whether this salty air claim really affects you or not.
Offcourse it does. In some cases, it could be purely age, in some it was pure corrosion. But the role of salty air couldn't be ruled out in any ageing device as it would fasten its death.
1. PC and components- Lost two Intel mobos.Both within a year or so. Worst, they could not be repaired so stopped getting intel mobos. Lost my ~30k graphics card brought in 2007. Died in 2009. Rusting had short-circuited the PCB in both cases. Major factor, can't say. But it definitely played a part in premature death.
2. Hitachi AC- As much as I love Japanese brands, this one turned out to be a nightmare. It was naked copper, no protection in any form. Even LG was foresighted in this as my uncle still has a 15 yo AC and it has blue fins. I am sure Hitachi would have known this, but as you mentioned, we are devoid of getting good quality products at cheaper prices. Worked well for 2 years. Then came the nightmare. Their customer support shut down, Dad couldn't get it repaired. The rainwater started corrosion which slowly started to eat my AC. Gas leaked in a month, lasat time it leaked within a fortnight. Decided to dump it. Got LG. Got to use it only for 8-10 years.
To ensure my Ac lasts a bit longer, this time I get it a silicone-based conformal coating. Don't know for how long this Ocean Black coating would last, so I gave it another treatment.
That's exactly the point. Every brand had disgruntled people telling you to avoid them
Actually, the product quality or experience has come to a game of lucy draw. There will be no guarantee these days that two people with same product, with same brand will have good expeirnce. My personal experience with Hitachi model and nRiTeCh's experience with same model are exactly opposite.

One question is, while both refrigerator and an AC work on the same principle, then why does a fridge takes more time to cool a similar area than what an AC does. Is it because AC has better mechanism to deal with larger area hence quick cooling compared to a refrigerator?

Last edited:
I think it has to do more with the hinge design and the angle of inclination, atleast in my case. Just now tried loading the freezer shelves with approx 1000ml liquid which included 5 small carton milk. Tried to keep it open. It won't close on its own. Maybe my angle is less. I mean the reason for the LG for inclination was to ensure the condensate flows back to the rear and into the tray rather than being stuck. So he ensured a sufficient angle. Or it could really be that the freezer hinge is a bit stiff than the fridge. Honestly, can't make out the difference. It would be nice to have this provision, especially when you are moving some heavy item or a very cold item from freezer and you forget to close it. Happened with my Dad, but with fridge zone. Atleast this inclination takes care of the fridge zone.
It's not designed to close. My hinge can't still be stiff after three years. Let the house get familiar with the sound of the door open alarm.

I'm still curious as to the reason it was designed this way. There has to be a good one.
We are a highly competitive market and companies will try to find innovative ways to keep costs down initially. EW is one of those measures.
Agree
I asked him the visiting charges and it varied from 200 for <300L; 600 for 300-450; 800 for 450+L and for ultra premium it's 1000. I find no common sense in the visiting charges decided by your capacity but business sense does tell me that if a person can get a 350L fridge, they he can pay 660 for visiting charges. Similar to what Apple does.
heh, so that is how it works.
A labour is work an individual performs using his skills and hence its common sense to renumerate him. Parts are made by machine and the company pays the person who operates the machine. In India, labour exploitation is a rule. We are known for taking undue advantage of them just because they don't have any voice, hence resorting to such tactics. Not to say all such people are bad, I have known some whose workmanship skills are commendable, but we rarely praise or recognise them.
Here is what the warranty at the end of the manual says

This warranty cover Compressor only. Gas/Gas Charging will be charged to the customer. Gas charging is included only when compressor is defective & inoperative. During the additional warranty period, it does not cover any part such as condenser, freezer, capillary, suction line, overload protector, relay, thermostat etc.. Standard visiting charges will be applicable within the municipal limit of town where LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd. (LGEIL) has it's Authorized Service centre, Service outside municipal limit will attract to and fro traveling, other incidental expenses in addition to standard visiting charges, as prevailing from time to time. During the warranty period, only the parts replaced or repaired shall be free of costs, but service charges shall always be payable by the customer
No idea why they insist on the card being signed in effect the last page of the user manual. The receipt should be good enough.
Warranty is not applicable in any of the following cases :
1.The warranty card is not completed properly at the time of purchase.
2. The completed warranty card is not presented to authorized service personnel at the time of service of the product.

For the 4 units it consumed, i can say for sure that my freezer was nothing short of North Pole. And that too on the lowest setting. I had instances of frostbites so I had to rely on some cloth to keep my palms safe. Maybe the LG compressor was too powerful for my Samsung fridge, that it ended up damaging the internals. It would be anybody's guess what it would becomes inside if I cracked up the knob.
Even if i set my fridge to the max cooling it would not consume 4 units daily. So replacing the compressor with that of another company ended up affecting efficiency badly.

I'm surprised it was this bad. Either the gas was not filled properly or the compressor was faulty and ended up having to do more work than necessary.

It's not possible to repair the compressor as it is sealed and once opened you cannot obtain the same efficiency when it was new. But adding another compressor presumably in good order should not have such bad performance.
Make that fifteen. The compressor was malfunctioning last year(as told by the local guy, no way to verify it) and he suggested to get a new compressor.
IMO, devices of the earlier generation were built to last. My colour Tv from Nelco brought in the 80's was working till last year or two. I have given it in my village when we got the Samsung tv and fridge when moving to a new house. Definitely recovered my investment. I could have repaired that fridge since it was the thermostat not working, but I didn't want a yearly expenditure of Ru 2k. But more importantly, it was the electric bill which was denting a hole into my pocket.
15 years is still a decent run. The reason appliances don't last as long is people expect to buy them at prices they paid twenty years ago. So the business has to operate in a way that pretends inflation does not exist and for the most part has pulled of that illusion.
Offcourse it does. In some cases, it could be purely age, in some it was pure corrosion. But the role of salty air couldn't be ruled out in any ageing device as it would fasten its death.
1. PC and components- Lost two Intel mobos.Both within a year or so. Worst, they could not be repaired so stopped getting intel mobos. Lost my ~30k graphics card brought in 2007. Died in 2009. Rusting had short-circuited the PCB in both cases. Major factor, can't say. But it definitely played a part in premature death.
The rusting here is coat of insulation on the tracks that stops electricity flowing. Is there really no way to repair it ? why not some way to dissolve that corrosion.

How about the way to clean your copper pots. You soak the entire PCB in citric acid solution for a minute or so. Then transfer it to a bucket of water. Then hose it down and let it dry for several days. Assuming there is no component failure, the tracks will then have been restored. This is in theory. Something to try in the future. PCBs are washed in the equivalent of giant dishwashers in the factory anyway.

2. Hitachi AC- As much as I love Japanese brands, this one turned out to be a nightmare. It was naked copper, no protection in any form. Even LG was foresighted in this as my uncle still has a 15 yo AC and it has blue fins. I am sure Hitachi would have known this, but as you mentioned, we are devoid of getting good quality products at cheaper prices. Worked well for 2 years. Then came the nightmare. Their customer support shut down, Dad couldn't get it repaired. The rainwater started corrosion which slowly started to eat my AC. Gas leaked in a month, lasat time it leaked within a fortnight. Decided to dump it. Got LG. Got to use it only for 8-10 years.
Now this one is a mystery. I don't understand how the copper pipes failed. So there is something more going on there that this blue fin tech is addressing.

Evidently the Koreans are working harder than the Japanese to customise products for Indian climate. They have enough incentive to do so given their market share.

I was looking at washing machines in Japan and it shocked me to learn that the Korean FL's we take for granted in India are only available for three times more in Japan. Result is most people in Japan use top loaders even second hand. Unless they pay the 3-4x price more for a FL. Why ? because FL is considered a luxury item in Japan and commands such a price. WTH !!!

My twin tub Hitachi from the 80s may be considered antiquated by the Indian middle class but would still be perfectly acceptable in middle class Japan today (!)

If you search Amazon Japan you won't find any of those LG FL machines there. You will not find cheaper foreign FL machines only Japanese with made in Japan prices. At 3x the Korean equivalent, I'm sure the Japanese product is still better but not 3x better.

How good are lower cost Japanese washing machines going to be then ? evidently there is some sort of protectionism going on in Japan where foreign appliances don't get a fair deal.

This is to protect the domestic appliance industry which must be big contributors to any political party to keep things that way. Upside is Japan does not get de-industrialised as a result of foreign competition but downside is Japanese people have to make do with less competition in the appliance industry or shell out for top end made in Japan.

How durable will other Japanese appliances be outside Japan in that case. Only good for Japan or other countries with similar climate ;)

Result ? Japanese appliances not competitive in the low to mid tier range only at the top end which isn't enough to sustain their business in India.

To ensure my Ac lasts a bit longer, this time I get it a silicone-based conformal coating. Don't know for how long this Ocean Black coating would last, so I gave it another treatment.
Any links to the product ?
One question is, while both refrigerator and an AC work on the same principle, then why does a fridge takes more time to cool a similar area than what an AC does. Is it because AC has better mechanism to deal with larger area hence quick cooling compared to a refrigerator?
Target temperature and its difference from ambient.

Fridge has to get it below 4 degrees and -18 in the freezer and keep it that way. It does it slowly and consumes less since it has to run all day, every day for years on end.

The AC only has to bring it down to 25 or 30 from 35-40+ degrees

Last edited:
Any links to the product ?
I was looking to get this, but it was OOS when I wanted to purchase it.
I have not yet applied to the PCB, coz I am assuming LG has some coating on it. I just treated my ODU so that corrosion can be delayed as much as possible thereby protecting the PCB as well.

No idea why they insist on the card being signed in effect the last page of the user manual. The receipt should be good enough.
My dad asked the demo guy if he will be signing the last page of the manual. He said it's not required since we purchased it online and that invoice is enough.

Single door model ? Those are the easiest to service I thought with no electronics. And I would have thought the most reliable because they are the simplest.

Did you get it looked at ? Heating element does not come on can mean thermostat was not working, timer was not working and then heating element not working.

When you use words like unibody & integrated i get the impression you need a heat gun to open it. Don't tell me they're sealing these fridges so simple maintenance cannot be done :(

The idea is the same with any fridge.

Most common cause of the problem ? user error. Door was not closed (!)

This is why raising the front is a good idea ;)

Samsung house :)

Your comments remind me of what I used to hear about hard drives 10 years ago.

NEVER buy western digital
NEVER buy seagate

hehe
Double door, 350L model from 2011. They have sealed uni-bodies,the part that heats up to prevent coolant pipes that run through the body from freezing is integrated into the whole body. lg paid us half the purchase price when we reported the problem to them.lot of lg fridges from those years have same problems Both lg products washing machine and fridge broke withing couple of years of purchase.Washing machine had malfunctioning electronics. My aunt who lives in a different city had a microwave and dishwasher both had different issue's over 2-3 years.Dishwasher again had pcb and electronics issues.

i would buy any other brand but not lg, too many qc issues.

Double door, 350L model from 2011. They have sealed uni-bodies,the part that heats up to prevent coolant pipes that run through the body from freezing is integrated into the whole body. lg paid us half the purchase price when we reported the problem to them.lot of lg fridges from those years have same problems Both lg products washing machine and fridge broke withing couple of years of purchase.Washing machine had malfunctioning electronics. My aunt who lives in a different city had a microwave and dishwasher both had different issue's over 2-3 years.Dishwasher again had pcb and electronics issues.

It's the other way for me. LG CRT lasted around 14~15years, LG 1Ton split still running since 2007/8, LG microwave in use since 2011, and LG washing machine since 2018. The latest addition is LG Fridge since this week. No brand is entirely good or entirely bad.

Double door, 350L model from 2011. They have sealed uni-bodies,the part that heats up to prevent coolant pipes that run through the body from freezing is integrated into the whole body.
OK I understand what you are saying. Back of my fridge is sealed too other than the compressor at the bottom which is covered by a sheet with screws. This is fine because the servicing is done from the front. As the earlier videos show, the heating element is located under the condenser and the way to fix these is to pull out panels from inside the fridge and then you get access to it.
lg paid us half the purchase price when we reported the problem to them.lot of lg fridges from those years have same problems
OK, so warranty can handle that. But why they made you buy a new fridge ?
Both lg products washing machine and fridge broke withing couple of years of purchase.Washing machine had malfunctioning electronics.
Same question again. Why not getting the washer fixed ? its a one hour job tops.
My aunt who lives in a different city had a microwave and dishwasher both had different issue's over 2-3 years.Dishwasher again had pcb and electronics issues.
LG dishwashers have other issues. She is using other people's reviews there and in the comments section others who own the dishwasher are pointing out the user errors.

Heating element going within a couple of years. Could be due to hard water. Hard water will kill a washing machine in half the time too.
My fridge made a sound when I got it but it was an easy fix. Three years in its been fine. My washer is six years old now and still going strong.

My G4 boot looped after a year. My V20 is nearly five years old.

Last edited:
I'm surprised it was this bad. Either the gas was not filled properly or the compressor was faulty and ended up having to do more work than necessary.

It's not possible to repair the compressor as it is sealed and once opened you cannot obtain the same efficiency when it was new. But adding another compressor presumably in good order should not have such bad performance.
The compressor was good. Even the previous compressor would probably be consuming the same power but with reduced cooling for either lack of gas or compressor itself gone bad. My electric bill shoots up in summers and it was averaging around 2500-2700 when my fridge was at max setting, both pre-change and post-change of compressor. So I think it was really down to start-stop cycle switching between 0 to around 190 units of power.
One good thing about new fridge is, when running at full power it consumes around 130-140 units of power and when in inverter, consumes around 60-70 units.

The compressor was good. Even the previous compressor would probably be consuming the same power but with reduced cooling for either lack of gas or compressor itself gone bad.
Did you measure with a power meter this 4 units a day ? That is 2.5 times more than my nearly 50 yr old kelvinator of the same capacity. Reciprocal not inverter so stop start.

Is your kitchen ten degrees warmer than mine ?
My electric bill shoots up in summers and it was averaging around 2500-2700 when my fridge was at max setting, both pre-change and post-change of compressor. So I think it was really down to start-stop cycle switching between 0 to around 190 units of power.
I've never understood the need to change the regulator settings when seasons change. If a desired temperature is set then the fridge should work to maintain that temperature regardless of the season. It might have to work a little more frequently in the warmer season but I don't think any tweaks are necessary. My fridge thermometers confirm that.

But you will find in the manual they tell you to increase cooling during the warmer season.
One good thing about new fridge is, when running at full power it consumes around 130-140 units of power and when in inverter, consumes around 60-70 units.
130-140 units over how long a period ?

Back