Max Payne 3 - Discussion Thread

Finished twelve chapters so far. This game is one heck of a thrill ride. :eek:hyeah:

Took a nice screenshot: :D

mp31.jpg

My impressions about the gameplay:

The main thing I like about the gameplay is that though you're almost all-powerful and mow down lots and lots of enemies yourself, the game never feels cheap. It makes you feel that the reason that Max can kill so many enemies at once, is because he is extremely efficient, experienced and ruthless when handling a gun compared to all his inexperienced enemies.

A single shot to the head can kill Max just like any other enemy in the game. But being armed with just a pistol against an AK-47 wielding army, neatly executing enemies one by one with perfect shots to the head while dodging bullets with extreme efficiency in slow motion, leaves you with a feeling of absolute badassery. :eek:hyeah: This makes you look forward to every gunfight, and the game never feels repetitive.

And though Max is efficient, you, as the player, need to be efficient in controlling him as well. Even in Medium difficulty, the game is quite challenging. And you will die many times before you nail the correct way to tackle each gunfight, while using Bullet Time to your advantage. The game's cover system isn't the tight, restricted one found in games like Mass Effect. The game encourages you to use cover to your advantage, but punishes you for staying in cover too long. You still have to get out of cover lots of times and take enemies on up close and personal, while avoiding being too reckless. Finding the right balance between using cover and staying out of cover is key to winning each gunfight.

And finally, a comment about the on-rails sequences. These are new to the Max Payne series. But they are pulled off with such flair and polish, that it can give the Uncharted series a run for its money. Sometimes these are quite challenging as well : killing five to six enemies at once while falling in slow motion = HECK YEAH!

Attachments

• mp31.jpg
    mp31.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 132
Finished twelve chapters so far. This game is one heck of a thrill ride. :eek:hyeah:

Took a nice screenshot: :D

mp31.jpg

My impressions about the gameplay:

The main thing I like about the gameplay is that though you're almost all-powerful and mow down lots and lots of enemies yourself, the game never feels cheap. It makes you feel that the reason that Max can kill so many enemies at once, is because he is extremely efficient, experienced and ruthless when handling a gun compared to all his inexperienced enemies.

A single shot to the head can kill Max just like any other enemy in the game. But being armed with just a pistol against an AK-47 wielding army, neatly executing enemies one by one with perfect shots to the head while dodging bullets with extreme efficiency in slow motion, leaves you with a feeling of absolute badassery. :eek:hyeah: This makes you look forward to every gunfight, and the game never feels repetitive.

And though Max is efficient, you, as the player, need to be efficient in controlling him as well. Even in Medium difficulty, the game is quite challenging. And you will die many times before you nail the correct way to tackle each gunfight, while using Bullet Time to your advantage. The game's cover system isn't the tight, restricted one found in games like Mass Effect. The game encourages you to use cover to your advantage, but punishes you for staying in cover too long. You still have to get out of cover lots of times and take enemies on up close and personal, while avoiding being too reckless. Finding the right balance between using cover and staying out of cover is key to winning each gunfight.

And finally, a comment about the on-rails sequences. These are new to the Max Payne series. But they are pulled off with such flair and polish, that it can give the Uncharted series a run for its money. Sometimes these are quite challenging as well : killing five to six enemies at once while falling in slow motion = HECK YEAH!

Does the game has the feature of clicking screenshots?

But this was just printscreened and saved in Paint. :p Didn't have Fraps on at that time.

To rotate the camera to get this kind of shot, press esc to pause the game and press Y to hide the menu. Drag the camera around using the mouse while holding down right mouse button.

Here is a closeup of Max. A bit dark in this screenshot, but as you can see the detail is fcuking amazing! :scared14: You can clearly see that Max has aged here from the lines on his face.

maxpayne320120611213051.jpg

Couple more screenies: :cool:

maxpayne320120612163345.jpg

maxpayne320120612160611.jpg

maxpayne320120612163949.jpg

maxpayne320120612130344.jpg

In the second screenshot the guy to the right is standing but is already dead thanks to my uber fast headshot. :p

I am not getting much time.Otherwise i would have almost finished it.Anyways will try to complete it asap.I am playing in hard mode and in Chapter V i think.
This game could have been far better but some minor things hold it to become an unique title.I will post my views after i complete it.

just finsihed the game today.chapter 13 and 14 are quite tought or i felt so..amazing game amazing story superb graphics

also loved the last scence when max wallks on the beach having beer :)

^^Yes thats true but if you get a head shot too then you are down instantly. Towards the end of chapter VI i encountered many frustrating headshots.

The best way i found is backtracking for cover.When payne gets surrounded by enemies.
tongue.png

Back