Max Payne 3 - Discussion Thread

Chapter 4. And boy I'm impressed. Unlike many typical TPS games, this game is pure fun. You never feel repetitive thanks to the cinematic phrases the game puts you through. Man I'm loving it. Never had so much fun with a TPS. :D

And the multiplayer part is fun as well. Its fast paced, and you'll need to use some cover and bulletdodge to survive here. Ofcourse choosing the right place to take cover plays the main role. Don't know about ping cause this game uses matchmaking method but the experience is as smooth as the single player mode.

You've got to be kidding me! This game had one of the best visuals for a PC game launched recently and brought down most high-end setups to its knees. And being optimised for low-end systems at the same time as well.
specs and on what settings did you run the game? I think only a select few in the forum (with the most recent GPU/CPU setups) could afford maxing out the visuals in Dx11 mode th EVERY option in the graphics subsystem set to all high in 1080p/1200p and above resolutions. And churning out 60 frames constant with v-sync ON.
I don't know about him.but I played with c2d e6300 oced to 3.2ghz.
HD6790 maxed every bit.averaged 50fps most of the time.1920x1080. Dude your statement is a joke.I mean you must be kidding.
Btw I too agree that visuals at some places were just average.
Care to tell us your system

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Sorry the last line is a bimistake cnp error.btw as a mod you must research first beforetyping such things.sorry i am an old member at ivg and erodv .but new here.therefore no intention to pick up a fight.just my suggestion.
Hell even my friend with an almost outdated 6950 could max it.

The DirectX11 features were limited, just for characters I guess. But I was happy with the visuals, not only they looked great for this gen, but the game was optimized so well that it ran even on the low-end systems, something that's very rare these days.

zorro villain said:
Care to tell us your system

It is mentioned in the signature.

zorro villain said:
btw as a mod you must research first beforetyping such things.sorry i am an old member at ivg and erodv .but new here.therefore no intention to pick up a fight.just my suggestion.
Hell even my friend with an almost outdated 6950 could max it.

I never knew mods should do 'research' prior to posting on the forums! I respect the fact that you are an old member at ivg and the other forum and your views but I stand by what I have to say. May be you should move on?

Hell the game looks bad-ass even on my weird config. :p

Now in chapter...errr...i forgot it again. :mad: Anyway, the narration style is plain stylish. The dialogues will keep you glues to the game, and makes sure that the game never gets repetitive. :D And the story narration is really well thought out. It somewhat reminds me of UC2. :p

Finished the game yesterday. Everything about the game was awesome but I do have a few gripes. Let me start off by saying that it has been a great experience playing this game as it did feel like a true sequel. I feared that it might not live to its hype because it wasn't being developed by remedy but it did. Not only that, it ws also optimized beautifully for the PC, a rare thing with Rockstar games. I loved the overall feel of the gameplay. They evolved it while keeping the key elements from the previous games same. The character movement and cut scenes were very well done. I did miss the graphic novel style story telling but the new style was equally good and more fitting to this generation.

However, I was disappointed with the overall setting and the storyline of the game. It started off well, but just when the game's story had started to suck me in it started going haywire. Right after Max shaves his head which I think was around half way mark, I started loosing interest in the story. The constant jibber jabber from enemies in a foreign tongue was extremely irritating to be honest. I felt like there was no point to the story. Yes, Max was at his stylish best but it kind of felt like there was no point to all he was doing. The few flashback New York levels that we got were amazing which brings me to think that had the whole game been in the same old dark new york setting, it would have made for a much more satisfying experience. Also, they should have continued the story from where it was left. I was kind of attached with characters from the prequels and there was no mention of them in this game.

Also, was there any point for him to shave his freaking head? Was it done to make him look like bruce willis? :p Seriously, I dug the old Max, but he looked way better with his hair on. Here's hoping that we see the next installment soon and in a dark Noir york setting. Maybe a prequel to Max Payne 3 or something?

My Overall Rating : 9/10

I felt like there was no point to the story. Yes, Max was at his stylish best but it kind of felt like there was no point to all he was doing.
Well Max had nothing more to do in New York, and after the death of Mona Sax, he didn't have any emotionally close people either. He was totally alone and depressed about it, and became addicted to alcohol and painkillers just to pass the time. He took up the Brazilian job just so that he could have a new purpose in his life and not let it go meaningless. :)

It is mentioned in the signature.

I never knew mods should do 'research' prior to posting on the forums! I respect the fact that you are an old member at ivg and the other forum and your views but I stand by what I have to say. May be you should move on?
sorry I missed your siggy. I still am unable to understand you.if you mean if you found the visuals excellent I have no objection.I respect that.l just wanted to inform you that thegame is well optimized.my friend having a 9600gt can play it at mid high settings on full hd. Others having a 560 and hd 7800series. Can also max it.they get almost 60 fps.its obvious when I can get almost 50 most of the time.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

These are facts you should know.that's all.:)

Well Max had nothing more to do in New York, and after the death of Mona Sax, he didn't have any emotionally close people either. He was totally alone and depressed about it, and became addicted to alcohol and painkillers just to pass the time. He took up the Brazilian job just so that he could have a new purpose in his life and not let it go meaningless. :)

Yes, all that was made pretty clear in the game but it just didn't look like a good enough reason for him to do what he did. It was a poor script plain and simple, had this been a movie, it would have bombed.

Finished the game a few minutes ago. It felt like Payne ran out of cool situations during the later part of the story. The game dropped the pace which it picked up during the start. All in all, the game is good. Enjoyed it. :)

You've got to be kidding me! This game had one of the best visuals for a PC game launched recently and brought down most high-end setups to its knees. And being optimised for low-end systems at the same time as well.Care to tell us your system specs and on what settings did you run the game? I think only a select few in the forum (with the most recent GPU/CPU setups) could afford maxing out the visuals in Dx11 mode with EVERY option in the graphics subsystem set to all high in 1080p/1200p and above resolutions. And churning out 60 frames constant with v-sync ON.
C2d e7500,4gb,hd5770. As far as I remember af 8x ,aa 2x,tesselation -high, rest all maxed 1080p I think I was getting around 45fps a bit less on one or two levels. Btw yes the gfx was not that great on some places.but its ok.tesselation was appropriately used.overall it was excellent but not outstanding.

The only place tessellation was used was on the character model/s.

@jojo
yeah loved the bits where Max lost his temper and raged! Which was a completely new face of Max. :D

as a mod you must research first beforetyping such things.sorry i am an old member at ivg and erodv .but new here.

58.jpg

DUDE! He's an OLD MEMBER at IVG and E. How dare you say that? :lol:

Guys what should be ideal settings for me to play the game?
My video card is Always 100% used...temp even touches 66 degrees
Also even though i have 1 GB VRam,It Barely uses 400 mb..dunno why

Back