Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Discussion Thread

Yeah, difficulty definitely needs to be ramped up.

Completed the game yesterday. While it was fun till my character was at about level 20 (playing pure mage), after that you're way OP even at the highest difficulty settings.

My usual play went something like this : Walk into room with 6 Jottuns -> Level 5 meteor -> 4 Jottuns dead, 2 left with 5% health -> mark of flame.

And boss fights are never boss fights thanks to fateshifting. Poor bosses never stand a chance. Towards the end I was only using fateshift on a bunch of boggarts just to keep the fun alive.

So a word of caution to anyone just starting the game - don't put too much thought into your skills/abilities while levelling up and don't fateshift bosses. Come up with an unbalanced character with some blatant weakness if you don't want to suck the fun out of the game
<

Yeah, difficulty definitely needs to be ramped up.

Completed the game yesterday. While it was fun till my character was at about level 20 (playing pure mage), after that you're way OP even at the highest difficulty settings.

My usual play went something like this : Walk into room with 6 Jottuns -> Level 5 meteor -> 4 Jottuns dead, 2 left with 5% health -> mark of flame.

And boss fights are never boss fights thanks to fateshifting. Poor bosses never stand a chance. Towards the end I was only using fateshift on a bunch of boggarts just to keep the fun alive.

So a word of caution to anyone just starting the game - don't put too much thought into your skills/abilities while levelling up and don't fateshift bosses. Come up with an unbalanced character with some blatant weakness if you don't want to suck the fun out of the game
<

Exactly...after reading the reviews I directly started the game on Highest difficulty , good thing for me luckily was I invested in both warrior and mage , hence never reached highest level powers like meteor and so and so till end game.

Fateshifting bosses actually takes the fun out, wish there were bosses immune to fate shift, that would have been tremendous fun.

I mostly used chakrams and longsword till the end

Umm, since I play games very randomly I started the game at casual settings. And all while I was thinking my skills rocks
<
, shifted to normal difficulty after level 10 and I actually saw the killed screen
<

But yep, too much money, hell I have bought all the best weapons but dont use them as not to get robbed of the fun. The game is very addictive though.

what is a effective weapon/attack against rock trolls ??

i seem to find only "heartly sword" doing some damage.....all other attacks just get ressisted

Depends on your character. I haven't played might, but with 200-300 physical damage I don't think trolls should pose much of a problem. Mages can find trolls a bit tricky because they're fully immune to elemental, so the key then is to keep up a barrage of damage and not letting the troll recover. Once you've eaten about 25% of their health it gets easier.

120 physical damage is very high for a chakram. Lucky you if you found one. The best fire chakarms I found did around 40 - 60 physical, and about 180 in fire and burning damage. Are you at max difficulty?
<

Nah at normal difficulty, when I meant 120 odd, I am talking about the total attack modifier. Somehow the only characters who trouble me are mages who attack in groups, guess people were not joking when they said the difficulty level was low, guess I will try at max difficulty..

started playing this yesterday

while i agree it is a very polished game....it has nothing new over the tons of rpgs over the decades

ill prolly play it a few days more and get rid of it....after all, levelgridning always takes time

and the main line hasnt imporessed me much

playing as a sor/fin

^^ Combat, I have not seen combat so entertaining in any of the RPG's so far. Infact although Skyrim is overall a much better game, I cannot go back to it after playing Amalur...

^^ Combat, I have not seen combat so entertaining in any of the RPG's so far. Infact although Skyrim is overall a much better game, I cannot go back to it after playing Amalur...

Absolutely also I feel that its great for short bursts of play, when you just want to have some fun..which is actually lacking is other serious games like skyrim and witcher.

Finished the game yesterday. The ending was a major bummer. I expected a challenging fight, but the end boss was done away with in 10~15 sec without getting a single hit. Also difficulty doesn't scale well at all across higher levels. In addition to that, way too much gold. I had about 11 million (1.1 crore) gold available and I never even made any serious attempt to collect gold except by selling loot that I may no have any use of use. In fact I even picked up loot very selectively. Also didn't have had occasion to buy weapons as I either used weapons obtained via looting or just recycled them to make my own.

Huh, was finding the game way too easy till I attempt the maid of Windmere quest, the maid is kicking my a**
<
cant believe even with damage deflector potion and shield spells I am two hit kill ...

Absolutely loving the feablades. Chakrams were fun but faeblades are in a diff level
<
The speed is just facinating
<

I have this dagger species which does tons of damage that i got as a part of a side mission. I might have to give that to the one who gave me the mission and so never returned to him as i thought its pricier gift than whatever he gives (unless he gives me the daggers itself)

I forgot the nameof the dagger though
<

Back