Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Discussion Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
See there's always the mojo when you play an RPG vis-a-vis some other genre. The seemingly endless quests pull you into the game and it becomes highly addictive later. Exception - LOTR: War in the North. In comparison to Skyrim, Reckoning is probably nothing. I can live with Skyrim's lousy combat and may be the occasional bugs but everything else in the game was bit perfect. So much so that I went behind each and every quest and completed it! Unfortunately that isn't the case with Reckoning. Something isn't right in this title.

Diablo III will be the next BIG title in this league!
dead.gif

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Done with the game! I was pleasantly surprised at the turn of events towards the ending. Wasn't quite expecting that one!
tongu23e.gif

Anyhow, Reckoning looks like a decent TP. Not very lengthy and doesn't look like this is going to consume so much time like other lengthy RPG titles out there, notably Skyrim. Total gameplay time was 23 hours.

Towards the end, my character was a Tier 4 Warrior leveled up to 26+, had the kickass Vengeance armor set (did not bother crafting anything since it was a boring affair) and the total armor level stood at 955, along with the Artic Longsword of Gluttony with a total attack level of 165 and the Scorching Chakrams of Devouring that had an attack level of 159. With all the arsenal in place, the final boss batlles were a walk in the park! In the Hard difficulty mode. The devs. should have ramped up the difficulty. And it becomes all the more easier with Fateshifting bosses. These guys should have been resistant to that lol. A special word of mention for the fairytale level designs esp. those of Alabastra. It was constantly reminding me of Mordor!
tongu23e.gif

Not sure if I'd take up the DLCs any sooner. Will read up a bit on those. RPG lovers should definitely give this a try. You'd love the combat in the game.

cybermantas

Disciple
May 9, 2008
So not even Tier 6, eh ? And that level and time all look low... I seem to have spent more hours, have more levels but havent finished the game yet... guess am a slow player (didnt see that coming
<
)

tapashmoon

Disciple
Apr 27, 2012
Durgapur
The game did not quite appeal to me as much as Skyrim did.
sad.gif

Decided to do a few quests here and there, level up the character and complete the main quest.

No one tried the DLCs yet?

I have completed the "legend of the dead kel" DLC....

had to hex edit my inventory to accomodate all the weapons and armors this DLC has given to me.....not best, but some are good looking...

And the fights are good, but if you are really up in level (I am 32) the playthrough is really easy..still enjoyed the dramatics and fights...and yeah you get a decent longsword, a good longbow in this DLC...

I have started "Teeth of Naros" and initial impression is it will be tough..but again, i have just started this...too early and comment..

And oh, no weapons or armors with this DLC...but I guess we will find during the playthrough....

tapashmoon

Disciple
Apr 27, 2012
Durgapur
So the DLCs begin with the character at level 1? Does it not continue from where we left off?

The DLCs begin at where you left of....It does not reset your character...everything you have done till now is preserved....

"Legend of dead kel" requires a minimum level of 10 to play.....

Grim

Disciple
Apr 30, 2012
Bangalore
srry guys for asking this silly doubt after 7 pages of post.
Where do you check your overall damage in game after equipping any weapon? since, only direct weapon damage is shown.. :confused:

Grim

Disciple
Apr 30, 2012
Bangalore
Found a game breaking bug for people following Finesse tree build (or anyone who likes to use the Bow and Arrow).

Effect of this bug
: My arrows never refill even on loading previous saves/quitting the game and restarting it/changing the Bow/completely removing it from the inventory.
How it happened to me:
1. My build is entirely based on Might which has been reset by the Fateweaver for 2 times and use Greatsword has primary and Bow has secondary weapon.
2. Entered the House of Valor Arena by activating the side quest on the board next to the arena. (no idea which battle, it was almost after half of the quests on the board)
3. Initially killed some enemies using greatsword.
4. Switched to Bow and killed one or two enemies which took 1 or 2 refilling.
5. Next emptied the arrows in the stack.
6. Switched back to Greatsword and fished the match in 2 shots. (before the arrows got refilled)
7. On the match winning screen again switched to Bow and the loading screen appeared and out of the arena. (still the arrows weren't filled when switched the weapon on the winning screen)

After this never again my bow worked since my arrows never filled up.

jc36lect3r

Skilled
Sep 5, 2009
And it goes down

38 Studios and Big Huge Games Shutting Down [UPDATE]

The Company is experiencing an economic downturn. To avoid further losses and possibility of retrenchment, the Company has decided that a companywide lay off is absolutely necessary.
These layoffs are non-voluntary and non-disciplinary.
This is your official notice of lay off, effective today, Thursday, May 24th, 2012.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Apparently they needed to sell 3 million copies to break even, where they sold a third of that. Pity, I liked this game.

Curt Schilling's Role-Playing Game Supposedly Needed to Sell 3 Million Copies to Not Fail

kauzy

Skilled
Jul 9, 2005
somehow after installing the DLC.. i am starting all over again.. it doesn't recognise my old profile.. dafaq.. :O