Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Discussion Thread

I found GameTrailer's review to be the fairest. The combat is fantastic, but the graphics, story and questing is a let down, especially when they come from such acclaimed people. Looks like I will wait for the Steam sale for this one.

The game was initially planned to be an MMO and then during the course of development they changed it to a single player RPG so you cant really blame the game for the graphics
<

if the gameplay is good iam all for it
<

started out for 3rd time after saves got erased after applying patch

deep story

almost ZERO bugs/graphical glitches

hybrid classes

very tactile melee combact

gold actually has value

good crafting/alchemy system

dislikes:

limited variety of drops

bit dated graphics but very smooth gameplay

ADDICTIVE
<

I am 12 hours into the game and I am absolutely loving it (coming after 50 hours of Skyrim)

Combat is amazing as most of you already know (Chakrams FTW)

Story is very good, if you give it some time and quests are not that generic as specified by most reviews.

Try the game in hard difficulty and you can gain maximum out of it.

My friend finished the main quests and 2 side quests in 27 hours(played over 4 days).

I'm only 4 hours into it(4 days
<
), and loving it!

a 100% speedrun is supposed to last 200 hours

Speedrun:"That means easy difficulty, skip all cut scenes and dialogue, sprint everywhere that's sprintable, fast travel everywhere you can, don't do any combat you don't need to do... that all took around 200 hours, and that was a speed run."

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/project-mercury/1217986p1.html

anyone else noticed that the music in Conneroc sounds a bit like the Music in Tristram(from Diablo)?

I'm playing a pure staff/chakram mage, its so much fun. Played non stop since morning and got to level 17. Only thing I dislike about the game so far is the inventory interface and arrangement.

Finished the Fae quests, best faction quest in the game so far. Amazing detail and storyline. My first 20 hour non-stop run in history. Would have done 24 but a power cut spoiled the party.

Finished Main quest, and all other faction quests except the travellers, took me around 38 hours till now on hard difficulty.

Guys and rpg lovers should definitely give this a try, combat is awesome and addictive.

Also unlike skyrim no bugs absolutely and no lag.

already finish the games and now i am at level 38 that was amazing games already defeat many boss at last level
<

I am the exploring and conversing type, I am 80 hours in and I would imagine I am half way through the main quest. I just fate shifted Ciara Sydanus in the Scholia Arcana questline for 35,000 exp. =D

Have been playing till 3 in the morning last night, so additicve to say the least. I feel Gamespot's rating is totally unjustified, the gameplay mechanics is spectacular, combat is atleast 5 notches higher then any RPG in the market. The story and world though not as spectacular as Skyrim, are in no way bad or boring.

Its refreshing to see a new entrant in the RPG franchise, and hopefully future RPG will take combat mechnaics from Amalur...

Finished the game, went pure mage on intermediate difficulty. The meteor shower skill is over powered with fire damage boosting gear. Did almost all side quests and was level 41 before I went for the final boss mission. Clocked 110 hours in all.

Gonna start a faeblade/bow stealth-rogue sometime next week.

i m on level 19.. and getting pwned by the mages.. why can't they come one by one.. >.<

Are those mages similar to the ones in Skyrim? Used to get pwned until my character decided to get leveled up i.e. It was easy later.
<

Damn I wish I could start this game now. Don't see it happening with Season 4 of Breaking Bad and several other minor backlogs left.

Back