Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Discussion Thread

kauzy

Skilled
Jul 9, 2005
#gannu nah re.. these ones fly.. come in groups.. attack with fireballs, ice balls, whirlwinds at the same time..
<

kauzy

Skilled
Jul 9, 2005
i am playing as a warrior (i m not a mage nor a rogue.. so i guess the class is warrior
<
).. what i did is i unlocked the slash after block ability.. and then went berserk on them
<

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
i m on level 19.. and getting pwned by the mages.. why can't they come one by one.. >.<

Yep they are a pain, especially if you have developed sorcery, as they will resist a lot of fire and lightning magic. No easy way I can think but not to get cornered
<

jc36lect3r

Skilled
Sep 5, 2009
15 hours into the game, playing as a Might/Finesse hybrid with Faeblades and Chakrams. Tired of the usual Warrior/Mage archetypes in all RPGs, trying to spice things up here. Lets see where this takes me.

The combat is truly spectacular, and its a joy to play it with my 360 controller. But the character models and the conversations are just meh. Maybe that is what taking the fun out of narrative. Considering the fact that is not from the Biothesda stables, it is indeed a great achievement.

Edit : The Fae blades make me feel like AntiMage/TerrorBlade, and the Chakrams like the Phantom Asssasin (Dota fanboy alert !), the game is worth buying for that alone
<

kauzy

Skilled
Jul 9, 2005
i can now craft mastercrafted weapons and armour..
<

I am loving it so far.. one thing i hate about myself is that i accept each n every quest the NPC's offer me.. so my log book is full of quests..
<

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
Chakrams, FTW. With this I feel like I am playing some God of war kinda action game in an RPG environment..

Havok

Adept
Oct 8, 2006
Chakrams, FTW. With this I feel like I am playing some God of war kinda action game in an RPG environment..

Yeah Chakrams FTW, I was carrying three of them with me always, one fire, one ice and one lightning.

Did you unlock all the chakram moves ?

tifosi

Skilled
Mar 15, 2005
Pleasantly surprised by the game. Very old school, something like an early 2000s RPG but with better graphics and excellent combat; me like
<

Loved the House of Ballads story line. Not the traditional good vs evil choice which you have to make towards the end - but shades of grey. Awesome!
<

Havok

Adept
Oct 8, 2006
Pleasantly surprised by the game. Very old school, something like an early 2000s RPG but with better graphics and excellent combat; me like
<

Loved the House of Ballads story line. Not the traditional good vs evil choice which you have to make towards the end - but shades of grey. Awesome!
<

What did you choose in the end ?

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
Nice game... I am myself investing into all three disciplines for a balanced approach. Currently on level 29 and close to 30. Money is too abundant and the only thing you need to spend on is for the backpacks. I made 12 Lac+ gold over the weekend and have no means to spend it. All of my characters weapons are either looted purple ones or self crafted after breaking down looted weapons.

killmastern3

Adept
Dec 10, 2010
Bangalore
Currently on LVL 16.. Using the Stormbrand Greatsword... Man i like it... Slashes enemies into peices lol... Awesome game really.. Not monotonous at all.. Doing all the side questes in the game which i usually dont od inother games...

Just visited the storeroom in the customs house in Rathir... Its a big treasure trove... Take some 40 lockpicks with you and have an inventory space around 25, you will get a treasure trove... Lotsa items and most of them are purple in colour...

Havok

Adept
Oct 8, 2006
Reckoning: Pirate-Themed DLC

For all its dense fiction, mountains of loot, and vast exploration, the most exciting thing about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is the promise of power. Consistent, rapid growth is an encouraging reason to return to Amalur, whether you're one hour deep or 100. This is what makes 38 Studios and Big Huge Games' first add-on such a smart addition to the excellent action-RPG.

The Legend of Dead Kel is an empowering expansion pack. It isn't just more of the same in a new setting -- although it's a bit of that, too. This is a prime example of a game understanding what it does well and then doing more with it. Whether your hero meets the level 10 minimum requirement or enters having hit the level cap, they'll sail away from the expansive island of Gallows End as a formidable, better badass.

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1219673p1.html

First DLC announced, hope they ramp up the difficulty