Got yourself a spanking new console and need some help? Head here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i never connected my xbox to intrnet
<
so i dont think i m banned

If there is a thread on this site, I could not find it.

I have found if you buy a Ps3 in US and take it to India, but not the other way around.

My question is this.

I bought a Playstation 3 from India, but I live in the United States. I'm not so worried about the Region coding and whether games work or not, since they have all worked so far. Does anyone know what plugs I can buy or what voltage converter I would need to make the Ps3 work in the United States. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Which PS3 you have? Phat or Slim?

If Slim then no need as ps3 slim has a universal voltage 100-240v so it does not require a voltage converter. If its Phat then let the other members post.

hi guys
<

just wanted to share a terrible incident that happened with me today. 20 days ago i told the manager of landmark store (andheri infinity mall) to keep the ps3 god of war 3 console safe for me ill come on 4th of april and i will take it... today i went to the store .. i bought the console and when i opened it ... it wasn't new..it has been used before ..it was damaged as well...then also i was ready to take it in 15K then i checked the FW version..it was on 3.7... i lost my cool at that time... i had a good chat with the manager and i told him to return my hard earn cash...
<
my heart broke at that time
<

can anyone please tell me where i can find an old ps3 stock to get 3.5
<

okk guys i searched the malls today and found these console

CECH 3008A.....import date is december 2011....160gb

CECH 3008A.....import date is jan 2012....... 160gb

CECH 3008B......import date is october 2011....320gb

CECH 3008B......import date is dec-2011....320 gb

any idea which one should i buy.. ?

thanks

hi guys
sad.gif

just wanted to share a terrible incident that happened with me today. 20 days ago i told the manager of landmark store (andheri infinity mall) to keep the ps3 god of war 3 console safe for me ill come on 4th of april and i will take it... today i went to the store .. i bought the console and when i opened it ... it wasn't new..it has been used before ..it was damaged as well...then also i was ready to take it in 15K then i checked the FW version..it was on 3.7... i lost my cool at that time... i had a good chat with the manager and i told him to return my hard earn cash...
sad.gif
my heart broke at that time
sad.gif

can anyone please tell me where i can find an old ps3 stock to get 3.5
sad.gif

Did you get your money back? There is no way in hell a God of War 3 bundle would have 3.7 firmware. Heck, my friends October 2011 manufactured 160GB console from Letsbuy had 3.65 firmware. It could have been swapped to another console.

Check this guide for the firmware details of various Slim SKU's: PS3DEVWIKI

It's extremely difficult to find an older SKU now. Since the price cut, most of the older PS3 stocks have been sold out. Try looking for lesser known electronic stores and check if they have any older units in stock.

okk guys i searched the malls today and found these console

CECH 3008A.....import date is december 2011....160gb

CECH 3008A.....import date is jan 2012....... 160gb

CECH 3008B......import date is october 2011....320gb

CECH 3008B......import date is dec-2011....320 gb

any idea which one should i buy.. ?

thanks

Why cant u buy one from the forums ?

the 3000 series aren't moddable or Jailbreabale.

are you sure bro... because today i will be going to croma and will be asking the lady to opean the box and check the fW ...

Did you get your money back? There is no way in hell a God of War 3 bundle would have 3.7 firmware. Heck, my friends October 2011 manufactured 160GB console from Letsbuy had 3.65 firmware. It could have been swapped to another console.

Check this guide for the firmware details of various Slim SKU's: PS3DEVWIKI

It's extremely difficult to find an older SKU now. Since the price cut, most of the older PS3 stocks have been sold out. Try looking for lesser known electronic stores and check if they have any older units in stock.

and the date i posted is the date of import ... is that similar to manufacturing date ?? can you suggest me any store or mall in mumbai please

Why cant u buy one from the forums ?

its all sold i guess

Since you're from Borivali, did you try Indraprastha shopping center? The first floor has a shop called Do-Buy. They usually have the latest electronic goods. I had bought my PS2 from them. Check with them if they have an older stock. Tell them you'll buy the console instantly, if it's on 3.55 or lower firmware. They have a television hooked up, so if they're willing to open up the box, then you're in for luck.

Date of import is the date on which the console had been imported from another country. Sony doesn't manufacture Playstations in India. They import their stock from European countries. So don't confuse the manufacturing date with import date.

Since you're from Borivali, did you try Indraprastha shopping center? The first floor has a shop called Do-Buy. They usually have the latest electronic goods. I had bought my PS2 from them. Check with them if they have an older stock. Tell them you'll buy the console instantly, if it's on 3.55 or lower firmware. They have a television hooked up, so if they're willing to open up the box, then you're in for luck.

Date of import is the date on which the console had been imported from another country. Sony doesn't manufacture Playstations in India. They import their stock from European countries. So don't confuse the manufacturing date with import date.

thanks mate today i will be going to indraprasth and the malls near by borivali station for that

Dude there is a seller by the name of #[member='nikhiljabeen'] and he has the model u want.

He is from mumbai as well and will serve your purpose like tailor made situation. I have already sent him a pm regarding your requirement.

thanks man,,,... nice of you... another question... all the 120 and 250 are most probably hackable ...is that true ?

120GB consoles are certainly hackable. Some 250 bundles may not be, as they might have 3.56 firmware on them.

are you sure bro... because today i will be going to croma and will be asking the lady to opean the box and check the fW ...

200% Sure..

Specially since i have one as well. I got it after i gave sony my 250GB GOW system for RMA, They gave me back a 320GB 3000 series console.

okk guys i did some searching in the malls at borivali station..especially indraprasth...

this is wat i got

320gig with move on 3.5 - 26K and 29K

80gb phat used one- 12.5K

what you guys suggest should i check somewhere else ??

coz on monday i will go to croma as the lady over there knows me..i will ask her to open the console i hope she will do it

okk guys i did some searching in the malls at borivali station..especially indraprasth...

this is wat i got

320gig with move on 3.5 - 26K and 29K

80gb phat used one- 12.5K

what you guys suggest should i check somewhere else ??

Ditch both of them. Way too expensive 320GB model and fat is a no-no for now.

coz on monday i will go to croma as the lady over there knows me..i will ask her to open the console i hope she will do it

If I remember correctly, you'll have a Sony authenticity seal on the box. I'm not sure any Croma employees are allowed to do that, without the buyer confirming the product purchase. But good luck anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back