Diablo III - Discussion Thread

Reached Paragon level 2 and also finished of act 2 inferno after the change to patch 1.0.4.

The game is a lot easier now and I can kill most elite packs in a single life, and very few in max 2 lives. Earlier, I used to get facerolled by some of these packs and had t just leave them and carry on with the game.

Drops are a bit better, but after a marathon session yesterday, I still ended up with nothing that I could use.

Double handed weapons have got a huge buff.

Hmm gotta try this now ... got some 100k gold left on my barb now ... was not able to move past elites in ACT 1 itself .. maybe i can finish it now.

Yeah, seems like they have buffed up the classes too so it should be a little more easier in Inferno.

The 'downside' is that more of loot is now dropping and thus prices in the RMAH has crashed and items which used to cost 100mil has now become like 5-10 mil. People who bought a lot of items spending a lot are now mad! Lol!!

Ya drops are more now and its crazy easy. Earlier i couldn't kill one set of mobs without worrying about death. Now i can comfortably tank elites without any worry. ( given they are not arcane enhanced ofc). Even soloed a few elite sets in 4 player co-op. Best part all these changes in a simple <20 MB patch ... nice.

It's getting there. The Legendaries are truly Legendary now which is a big leap in the right direction.

Made my Barb near immortal. I can stand right inside Inferno Ghom's poison clouds and not take a single point of damage.

I played the ahem one session just to check how the game is .... felt i will have the same feeling as d3. Will play it later when i get some time maybe.

Corrected you :)
Actually it's because a lot of people couldn't handle the original difficulty of Inferno mode. Now after soon to be 3 nerfs to it, it's a very mellow spike in difficulty as long as you are geared half decently.
And to cater to those with good enough gear, they are introducing the Monster Power feature which lets you set a custom difficulty for higher rewards.

Also they are dropping the Infernal Machine event, the reward for completing it is a legendary ring that deals 4-6 million points of damage :D.
It's similar to the Uber Tristram event in D2 for those familiar with it.

Tried Torchlight 2 as well. The itemization is better than D3, but the core combat and skill system is more fluid in D3.

So, anyone playing the game after the 1.05 patch. The key addition for me is the Monster Levels. It scales up the difficulty level a bit even for the normal difficulty and the rewards also scale up. I got my fight legendary item yesterday while playing with Monster level set the highest.

Back