Dead Space 3 - Discussion Thread

I managed to complete the demo last night. It was quite a decent demo. I was extremely disappointed with the environment chosen for the demo. If we're going to be out in the snow-clad area for most of the time, then this ain't Dead Space. Half the fun of playing this series was to venture through those narrow corridors and dark creepy areas. I barely got to see that in the demo. Of course, it's not an indication of what the full game might have to offer, but I still wish they didn't bring Isaac out in the open for that long. Seemed almost like Lost Planet.

Anyway, about the demo, well, you start off with Isaac hanging upside down on the planet Tau Volantis. As he falls down, we assume control of the character and are instantly greeted with a blizzard filled region. As you walk your way through trying to find Ellie, you run into the usual necromorphs. Only this time, these f*ckers don't seem so scary; they are out in the open and it's not the same feeling anymore. Anyhoo, with a Plasma Cutter equipped and the gameplay mechanics being exactly the same as before, veterans of the franchise will feel right at home. Slice-dice-and-stomp! For the new comers, it offers a pretty comprehensive tutorial.

There is nothing very interesting to speak about the demo, apart from the fact that it offers a mini-boss fight, a new weapon crafting system at the bench and a marginal visual bump on the console. You also get to battle a few human soldiers along the way, not sure what that was all about, but I don't want to see more of it. One cool feature I liked about the Necromorphs is that that Lurkers can now attach themselves to a human corpse and start attacking us. I managed to craft one weapon, can't recall it's name, but it was a downer. I'm not sure how popular this system will turn out to be, but it's a nice creative addition. I noticed the performance of this game being very smooth, felt almost 60fps at times and no screen tearing at all.

I didn't get a chance to try out co-op, but since this has always been a solo affair for me, I'm not keen on trying it either. I never expected this feature to be added on in the game, but I guess Visceral a branching out to the masses now. Following Resident Evil's footsteps? May be. But who cares, it's purely optional. I just hope they don't turn this franchise into a train-wreck. I loved the first 2 games and would really be pissed if they messed this up. We'll know once the full game shows up.

There was just one, if I remember correctly. The rest were only when had to necro's clinging onto you, which is pretty standard button mashing drama.

That doesn't sound very good. :(

Suspense is something this game has never disappointed me on and I am hoping there are some spooky moments.

This just in, DEAD SPACE 3 to feature micro-transactions in-game.

Dead Space 3 Includes Microtransactions to Improve Weapons - IGN

Trying to create a weapon you don't have enough resources for causes the below screen to pop up, which offers you the ability to get some additional parts through "downloadable content".

The game’s associate producer Yara Khoury told the site that "You can buy resources with real money, but scavenger bots can also give you the currency that you can use on the marketplace. So you don’t have to spend [real world] dollars."

She also refuted the suggestion that you’d be able to buy all the game’s best weapons right out of the blocks, making missions a breeze. "No you can’t!" she explained. "There are a lot of weapon parts that are only available to buy later in the game. Unless you’re playing through it again [on New Game Plus]."

Pricing for the extra resources hasn’t been revealed, but Khoury explained that different sized packs will be available for varying costs.

Guys, can i buy the Dead Space 3 PC version from India and play it in Singapore :p Bloody costs almost double here -_-

#Gannu

I don't think there should be any issues installing using the physical disc. I am not sure of Steam though.

PS: Tag someone using @ not #. You are the admin of the forums sheesh! :p

I don't think there should be any issues installing using the physical disc. I am not sure of Steam though.

PS: Tag someone using @ not #. You are the admin of the forums sheesh! :p

I need someone to buy me DS 3 through origin from India, then i can play it here.

:p @Freaky

Last edited by a moderator:
@dinjo: Does the game require both the discs for SP campaign? If it's a direct port for the PC, without any optimisations, I wouldn't mind picking up the 360 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes both discs but the second disc is required later , its a direct port better get the 360.

I have not started playing yet since i left home in morning will check tonight.

Started the game. The out in the cold graphics look good but somehow not liking other parts of it. Haven't played previous games, did they have cover based shooting at some point? Cause the execution in this game is bad. Still loving the gameplay.

Started the game. The out in the cold graphics look good but somehow not liking other parts of it. Haven't played previous games, did they have cover based shooting at some point? Cause the execution in this game is bad. Still loving the gameplay.

There was no cover shooter mechanic in the earlier games.

Now that you have confirmed, I get the feeling that the game has turned into Ek Tha Zombie-slayer Dead Shooty 3. Which is sad.

WHY EA, WHY? :facepalm:

The action sequence are great in the game makes fun out of horror :bleh: its more a action game

There was no cover shooter mechanic in the earlier games.

Now that you have confirmed, I get the feeling that the game has turned into Ek Tha Zombie-slayer Dead Shooty 3. Which is sad.

WHY EA, WHY? :facepalm:
Its not that bad. There are only some sections which require it. Only fighting against human enemies. Yet to see any cover while fighting the "zombies".

Back