Dead Space 3 - Discussion Thread

Coming from someone who hasn't attempted Dead Space 2, I'd take that with a handful of salt.

Allwyn, what's your take on this? I started with DmC and it has been interesting this far.

You'll realize it when you play it, the game is no where like Dead Space though i didnt played DS2 but i liked DS very much

I'll wait for some more people to give their views on this before I buy it.

Didn't finish the demo, did not like the changes made to workbench etc. totally unneeded IMO.

From 5 (VG) to 9.75 (GI), now that's what I called mixed reviews! :lol:

Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Quixy, don't judge by the reviews man. If you can grab a copy do get it. You may like the game.

As soon as the dust settled on the mangled scores received by Dead Space 3 this just in --

Dead Space 3 Awakened DLC out next month, has franchise's "darkest chapters" Eurogamer.net

EA has announced Dead Space 3's first DLC content pack, called Awakened.

Awakened, which launches in March for 800 Microsoft points on Xbox 360 and $9.99 on PlayStation Network and PC, features the franchise's "darkest chapters as the Necromorph battles become even more gruesome and terrifying than ever before", EA said.

"In Dead Space 3 Awakened, gamers will experience some of the most disturbing content they have ever seen in a Dead Space game," added Steve Papoutsis, boss of developer Visceral Games. "They are going to love it."

Apparently EA decided to lighten the game by hacking of the 'darkest chapters' which arrive with this new DLC titled Awakened.

I hope that EA wakes up before S#!+ gets real. :facepalm:

From 5 (VG) to 9.75 (GI), now that's what I called mixed reviews! :lol:

Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Quixy, don't judge by the reviews man. If you can grab a copy do get it. You may like the game.

Will borrow a copy if I can, Gamespot's review calls "Excellent weapon crafting system adds flexibility to combat"
Didn't strike a chord with me in the demo.

Regarding Co-op they have taken a middle ground.

But I was going to play this for the story, and it looks like it's rotten.

Okay so I started the game and sadly it's let been kind of a let down for me, specially when I compare it to the fun I had playing through DS1 and 2. I admit I still am in the beginning stages of the game, and I should probably give the game more time to grow onto me but the way the game began and the premise just seemed too chaotic. It just felt it's way too much gun-fighting and the spooky atmosphere of the Dead Space universe wasn't there! Not to my tastes sadly. And what's with the crouch-cover system?

I'll give it more time for sure to see how the game progresses.

Fired up the game close to midnight yesterday, completed the prologue and the first chapter. Not very impressed this far and a lot of things seems to be amiss and out of place. :(

Visuals are dumbed down being a direct console port - there are a few visual tweak options from the menu but they don't seem to be very effective. The ingame v-sync option forces 30 fps - disabled it and enabled it from the Catalyst Control Centre. Haven't come across any spooky parts till now - the atmosphere felt bland which may improve later since this is only the start. The necromorphs seem to be a lot more agile now or maybe I am just getting used to the combat. They seem to be overwhelmingly close each time and flank me before I begin slashing their limbs. There are plenty of medkits and ammo strewn around so that helps a bit - not sure if this would continue for the remaining game. The cover system seems to be largely influenced from Mass Effect 2/3 but useless since it does not seem to work around corners - just a simple crouch with no blind fire option. I suppose the cover option was included in the game because Clarke fights a bunch of dumb humans in addition to the necromorphs. Have not come across a workbench as yet so no idea about the weapon crafting part which has been praised on most reviews.

Lastly, the menu animations seems so bloody fcuked up and useless! To go from one menu to the other sub-menu, it takes at least three to four seconds with so many unwanted animations. To go back to the main menu from the sub-menu, it repeats the animations taking as much time. :|

The game converts to be Call of Dead Space from Chapter 10 the environments are also good looking from there on.

Played a bit more, reached the midst of Chapter 7 and completed an optional mission on a spacecraft as well. Spent a lot of time in the space roaming around and salvaging parts. I can say, things have improved a lot but not as much as DS 2. There’s more action that horror. Granted there are a few occasional spooky moments here and there (I was playing in my room with the lights turned off and the door closed so the atmosphere was good) but it does not match up to the DS 2 standards. Came across the weapon bench and this looks like a very good addition to the game but I miss the regular equipment. Created some weapons for testing and some turned out to be really good. There seem to be a lot of blueprints to be unlocked but I wonder if we would get any of those or perhaps those are for the microtransactions in the game?

The optional mission was good - salvaged a lot of parts and upgrades. There was another one which was purely for co-op and the airlock wouldn't open if attempted solo.

Also came across that mother****er regenerating necro! The chase sequence was good and intense. Loved that part. I think I’d rather prefer a silent Isaac compared to a talkative one. The new Isaac keeps blabbering all the time. :|

Story seems okay for now - pretty much straightforward. Haven't tried co-op and yeah it appears Jack Caver's gameplay is interesting since he gets a different set of hallucinations not experienced by Isaac. At least that's what the reviews say.

Back