Browser Wars 2009 !

+1 been using opera for yrs and would use it forever. Cant live (on net) without it. Thanks for saving my typing efforts :D i am a bit lazy.

For ad blocking, guys use ' Ad muncher' and u will see a new face of web.. completely cleaned web, with almost no ads, in any browser. One of the Best utility i have came across.

hp-india said:
On Opera ever since I ventured into internet, and will always be with Opera. I have tried CHrome, IE 6, IE 7, IE 8, Safari and Firefox(with several extensions to bring to it the inbuilt features of Opera), but none of these have satisfied me, or even distracted me slightly.. :p
Opera is the best of the lot, even though few people realise it. I'll NEVER part away from it.

I've been using Opera for the past 5 years or so, and there hasn't really been a reason to switch to anything else.

Here's how they stack up in the futuremark benchmark

capturemww.png

before you start flaming me , i have voted for FF3 only

For me its FF coz its what all the cool kids are using.

IE is for losers, Opera for nerds and Safari for girlie men. OMG I GOTTA RUN AND HIDE NOW

Chrome I tried for a short while and might try again (and drop FF) once it gets matured/functional... assuming Google doesn't get bored and abandons it...

Chrome's the best.

Light,Swift and hassle free.

Damn the plugins, after all a browser is meant for browsing and that is just what Chrome does.

I use Firefox 3 because:

1) a menu bar with a bookmarks/favorites button

2) cut/copy/paste buttons can be put in front

3) roboform compatibility

4) the addon "flashgot"

5) the addon "image toolbar"

6) the addon "image zoom"

7) the addon "pdf download"

8) the addon "screen grab"

9) the addon "tab mix plus"

10) the addon "tab scope"

11) the addon "bookmark duplicate detector"

12) the addon "video download helper"

13) the addon "foobar controls"

14) the addon "adblock plus"

15) the addon "ie view lite"

i prefer ie8, google chrome, apple safari & opera as firefox hogs 500-2048MB RAM but i don't use any because:

1) ie8 has low security with few of the above features

2) rest got high security but none of the above features

I find opening/switching tabs feels a lot more 'natural' and snappy on FF.
With IE7 it feels like its opening a whole new program again.

hp-india said:
On Opera ever since I ventured into internet, and will always be with Opera. I have tried CHrome, IE 6, IE 7, IE 8, Safari and Firefox(with several extensions to bring to it the inbuilt features of Opera), but none of these have satisfied me, or even distracted me slightly.. :p
Opera is the best of the lot, even though few people realise it. I'll NEVER part away from it.

Period. :cool2:

Back