Browser Wars 2009 !

Poll added. Well i was on Firefox from past few years but about 3 days ago i shifted on the chrome. Still will take time getting used to it and i do miss the extensions but done the tab/untab feature and the autofill feature of the chrome.

Just loving it.

Until and unless Chrome becomes Cross Platform it won't be accepted and Mozilla rules anyway :D

I even love to use Konqueror and Epiphany ;)

Ive been using Firefox for a long time .:D

the endless list of add-ons. makes it a really good browsing experience.

but lately my Firefox 3.0.7 has become a total resource hogger.

no matter how many tweaks i try, it eats up 125- 150 mb with just 3-4 tabs open.

it starts up with just 20mb and ..suddenly jumps to 100mb+

tried resetting settings,clearing private data etc . nothing works :(

.as of now it really doesnt bother too much with 4GB of ram..but still need to do something about it.

thinking of switching to some other new options like .Google Chrome, heard it's good ?

FaH33m said:
Ive been using Firefox for a long time .:D

the endless list of add-ons. makes it a really good browsing experience.

but lately my Firefox 3.0.7 has become a total resource hogger.

no matter how many tweaks i try, it eats up 125- 150 mb with just 3-4 tabs open.

it starts up with just 20mb and ..suddenly jumps to 100mb+

tried resetting settings,clearing private data etc . nothing works :(

.as of now it really doesnt bother too much with 4GB of ram..but still need to do something about it.

thinking of switching to some other new options like .Google Chrome, heard it's good ?

QFT

I am trying Chrome for the very same reasons.

On Opera ever since I ventured into internet, and will always be with Opera. I have tried CHrome, IE 6, IE 7, IE 8, Safari and Firefox(with several extensions to bring to it the inbuilt features of Opera), but none of these have satisfied me, or even distracted me slightly.. :p
Opera is the best of the lot, even though few people realise it. I'll NEVER part away from it.

FF3, can't live without Adblock and GreaseMonkey. Absolutely hate FF3's memory hogging footprint... but then again, above mentioned features are essential. :)

Like chrome for it's speed, but overall I'm too used to FF3 now.

I am on FF 2.0.0.20.

I liked Chrome but anything without AdBlockPlus extension is a no-go. (privoxy doesnt do well enough,plus running another app. just to block ads is lame IMO)

However the biggest fun was Lynx in Linux environment :eek:hyeah:

I think any serious web user would use Firefox and nothing else. (flame invite? :))

Google chrome was a nice toy initially but you get bored of it after playing. Goog does not seem to be able to live up to their over-hyped image, maybe they should just stick to search.

I remember when they launched they mentioned that as they were starting so late they would use all the experience that the other browsers had faced so far and build a better browser but a few months back (dont have the link now) in a bug report I read that they had a basic browser bug that was fixed by MS in one of the early releases of IE. After that stopped even using Chrome for fun.

As for IE does anyone need to say anything...

Have never tried Opera/Safari but since I find FF adequate for all my browsing needs dont think I want to try it either.

Firefox is still the browser of choice for me and probably for most other people. In addition, lately I have been using IE and Safari on a daily basis but mostly for testing as I have been working on a Silverlight project.

As for Safari, it might as well be removed from the poll considering that even most full time Mac users don't bother with a shitty browser like Safari. The first thing we do at office after a fresh OS X install is to get Firefox and replace Safari with Firefox on the Dock. Release versions of Safari bundled with Tiger and Leopard can't even compare to beta versions of Firefox in terms of stability.

I am indeed surprised that it even got one vote.

Back