Bad Company II : Initial Impressions

Can any Crossfire user confirm stability using both accelerators. I am still getting issues. I get a BSOD after 20-30 minutes, only on this game. The dump analysis points to "dxgmms1.sys". This is something related to DirectX.

What is the latest DirectX redistributable available. As of now I am downloading the February 2010 version.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums. Grabbed my copy of the game today and having quite a lot of fun in the singleplayer. What servers do guys play on and what time? I might drop in for a session or two.

I don't know why but I get pings higher with the Airtel connection than I used to with MTNL. Any other Airtel users experiencing high pings in this or other games?

abtom said:
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums. Grabbed my copy of the game today and having quite a lot of fun in the singleplayer. What servers do guys play on and what time? I might drop in for a session or two.

I don't know why but I get pings higher with the Airtel connection than I used to with MTNL. Any other Airtel users experiencing high pings in this or other games?

Refer to this post.

VIP map pack 2 released on March 30th. It contains Laguna Presa Rush mode and Africa Harbor Conquest mode. The laguna presa rush map is huuuuuugeee....... Its awesome because no additional money or download is required for PC version.

asingh said:
Can any Crossfire user confirm stability using both accelerators. I am still getting issues. I get a BSOD after 20-30 minutes, only on this game. The dump analysis points to "dxgmms1.sys". This is something related to DirectX.

What is the latest DirectX redistributable available. As of now I am downloading the February 2010 version.

No stability issues here in both DX9 and DX10 modes. Latest DX is Feb2010. I guess you downloaded the right one. Do you still have issues?

^^
Yes. Still BSOD. You on which driver version. Also, Lord Nemesis, can you do one thing if possible. Run any game(preferably BC2), and keep Rivatuner system monitor running. Let me know the temperatures for:

Memory IO
GPU Core

for both your cards. I am getting extreme high temperatures for Memory I/O. (100+ range). You card is of same strain as mine, and Xfire, so requesting this.

Thanks.

baccilus said:
I am not sure but I think SALUZI has turned many of the servers into Thailand only. I get kicked out of them within 5 seconds.

yep. also, fragnetics have restricted most of their servers to singapore and malaysia only as well :(

spindoctor said:
yep. also, fragnetics have restricted most of their servers to singapore and malaysia only as well :(

Indian Bad Company 2 players are gonna get screwed. They are already very few servers we can play on.

well you could try search for TW in the server browser. that will throw up lots of official pub servers run by ea in taiwan. i was pinging 125 to them, but ymmv.

I get around 20-30 servers within the 150-200 range, imo pretty much playable. Most of them are EU based servers, by searching them with default settings.

saumilsingh said:
So I guess there's no reason to buy this game now. 150-200ms isn't fun anymore after being used to 90ms.

No it's still fun. The servers are not abundant anymore, but I never had to leave a game because I couldn't find a server. And the game is enjoyable even with pretty high pings. I never feel any lag even in the 200-250 ping servers.

I agree that the netcode is very optimized for BC2, but still 100ms will make a lot of difference. Stick to medic, pick up that LMG, spray and pray :)

For some reason, I can't see my ping in the server list. I have to join and then check it out. However, the game is v playable even at 250ms. I was trying out a random server and it worked pretty well for me.

hyperknight said:
^^ can you please post some server names giving you low pings?

I hope you know that latency/ping depends on your ISP's routing(distance - yes). I used to get 320ms ping to the same servers when i had hathway :p

Back