Bad Company II : Initial Impressions

HELP :( PROBLEM :(

Got my Copy finally, but not able to play :(, Right after i log in it just keeps browsing for the servers :( nothing happens :( WTF ? i payed 1k for this SH!T :(

Hector19:

1. Are you able to play the SP mode fine.
2. Go to the installation directory and open the "InstallationData.xml" file. What version it shows. (522175 is latest -- at least, no patch was pushed to me after this)
3. Go to the "setting.ini" file in the BFBC2 folder in my documents and change the FOV = 55.
4. Also since I do not know anything about your system -- are you on the latest Forceware or Catalyst drivers.

Side note:
I am facing really weird problems with this game. Each time, I exit the game after play MP, I get a BSOD. Only happening on this game. Also if you guys want, you can use this FOV calculator. 55 works the best for me though. This is one buggy game for sure. Seems like a rushed job by EA. Will not play MP anymore. Till a substantial patch is released. Make do with SP. Sad.

jc36lect3r said:
Its a pain to play recon class with lag in Thai or SG servers :| I wish there were some local servers :(

i can play recon just fine on those servers.

you do know that the sniper rifles are not hitscan weapons right? and along with that, you need to compensate for bullet drop when you fire. that means, for a stationary target, you need to aim just a little bit above his head to get a headshot (depending on range of course, you need to learn through practice). and likewise, if a person is moving, you need to lead your shot to allow the bullet to travel to the target. that's why sniping a moving target is pretty tricky, and it could feel like lag is getting in the way of things but it's not lag.

hector19 said:
HELP :( PROBLEM :(

Got my Copy finally, but not able to play :(, Right after i log in it just keeps browsing for the servers :( nothing happens :( WTF ? i payed 1k for this SH!T :(

Cancel the search and then manually search for SALUZI or Fragnetics. That would get you to the MP game.
You are going to love this game. It's tooooooo good.

spindoctor said:

you do know that the sniper rifles are not hitscan weapons right? and along with that, you need to compensate for bullet drop when you fire. that means, for a stationary target, you need to aim just a little bit above his head to get a headshot (depending on range of course, you need to learn through practice). and likewise, if a person is moving, you need to lead your shot to allow the bullet to travel to the target. that's why sniping a moving target is pretty tricky, and it could feel like lag is getting in the way of things but it's not lag.
Exactly. Later on,once you level up and unlock the GOL Sniper,half of your problems with be solved. It's god awesomely accurate.

spindoctor said:
apart from counter strike, all indian gamer servers are usually dead.

i would forget about getting a proper bc2 server going in india. the tf2 community here is huge and even then, we cannot keep tf2 servers in india populated. what chance does battlefield have?

Actually, its more to do with the server not being up to date, being laggy and the gameplay not being as smooth as the Starhub servers.

When I was in India, I was helping VS with the server administration, and we already put insane load on the two machines with the 1.6 and source servers.

The TF2 server would lag and run into problems.

Here in USA and EU, you will find around 1-2 tf2 servers per machine, or 2-3 source servers or 5 1.6 servers per machine. The machine are xeon quad cores with 6-8 gb of ram.

In India, on one octa core with 12 gb, there were 20-30 1.6 servers, 3-4 source servers, 2-3 cod4 servers and sometimes random games like l4d2, UT2k4, UT3, quake etc.

On the other quad core there were around same amount of 1.6 servers, 2-3 source servers and the public TF2 server which was even worse compared to the TF2 server on the octa core.

Now compare the load being put on the machine's, and you get an understanding of why there are no BF server, why the TF2 server isn't populated.

The load being put on the machine is just too much for the gameplay and registry to be smooth and perfect.

TheNightwing said:
I get kicked out of Fragnetics for reasons I dont understand. Saluzi works fine.

You got kicked because 2 of the 6 Fragnetics Servers have a "country filter" in effect and India isnt on the allow list. The Servers are Fragnetics #5 and #6. Only people from Singapore, Malaysia Indonesia, Thailand & the Philippines are allowed into these two servers. If you join them, you will be auto kicked, usually within a minute....

baccilus said:
It's actually pretty sad. Thailand has so many servers and India doesn't have even one:no:

Yes, but hosting servers costs money both in terms of hardware as well as bw charges. You need someone to sponsor them and bear the cost. Indian companies aren't really interested in doing so.

Apart from the few crappy unlockables is there anything else thats makes the limited edition special?

My copy is getting couriered and I'll prolly receive it in a day or two :hap2:

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Apart from the few crappy unlockables is there anything else thats makes the limited edition special?

My copy is getting couriered and I'll prolly receive it in a day or two :hap2:

nope...........................

Rickyk said:
You got kicked because 2 of the 6 Fragnetics Servers have a "country filter" in effect and India isnt on the allow list. The Servers are Fragnetics #5 and #6. Only people from Singapore, Malaysia Indonesia, Thailand & the Philippines are allowed into these two servers. If you join them, you will be auto kicked, usually within a minute....

the country filter at fragnetics 5 now allows indians as well. i played there for quite a while last night.

why don't you come on steam anymore man? you've totally stopped playing with the rest of us :(

spindoctor said:

Hmm, thanks for the tip, that could be the reason. I remember scoring my first headshot by leading a running target, and I thought to myself "Lol, Lag Kill !!"

Guess have to shift from CS mode :D

baccilus said:
Cancel the search and then manually search for SALUZI or Fragnetics. That would get you to the MP game.
You are going to love this game. It's tooooooo good.

Are those server names ? typed em' but no use mate :(

Back