Bad Company II : Initial Impressions

Yes, it is now going to move to '523648'. Honestly, this is one game which has been jinxed for me. Right after installation, my system started to BSOD. Even when not playing it. Just feel like removing it. Hope this patch resolves the issue. Getting all sorts of weird BSOD errors, cannot narrow it down. Not sure what is happening. Praying this patch is gold. Please.

asingh dude, I really dont know wat the fck is goin on with your system....... For me, the game is perfectly stable(touch wood)... As for other people too.......

I can only suggest to try these things if you havent already:

1) Turn off HBAO. Its an ambient occlusion technique and has no noticeable impact on perceivable graphics quality but stress the system too much.

2) Disable xfire. Get only one card working. Dont worry 1 4890 is more than enuff to handle this game at 1920x1080 all high and 4x AA (Be sure to keep HBAO off)

3) Install the game at the default location (I remedied my update problems by doing this)

4) If all this fails, consider formatting your system and reinstalling the game at the default location.

Hope this helps and I will see ya on the battlefield. Be sure to add me to your friend's list.:p.

^^

Not really. I have the Windebug utility, so I can analyze the BSOD dumps. One showed a dxdiag issue, and another showed pool header. Will take an action, once I get a BSOD 2-3 more times. Not playing BC2 these days.

atiamd said:
I am usually found on ATIclan after 630PM everyday......... I am addicted to this game now.....

Is that an Asian server? What kind of pings are you getting? Haven't come across any fellow Indian on the SALUZI servers yet.

Will send across a friend request, hope it reaches...

I think the server is based in chicago. The weird thing is that I cant see any pings on any servers. I can only see a hyphen (-) in place pf values. So I dunno. The gameplay has been lag free for me so far.......

^ Thats a common issue. If you are using Vista/7, run the game as Administrator, you will be able to see the pings.

US server will have a high ping from India :(

I am getting really bad pings on SALUZI and Fragnetics today. But I am still enjoying this game. I am surely addicted to it. It feels really great to get a big reward when you are not expecting it.

Are those server names case sensitive. Could not find any. By the way, game is stable (finally) after deploying the final patch. Fingers crossed.

Played with chhanga today. I am completely addicted to this game now. Usually just play the medic class. Will move on to other classes once I unlock all the stuff for the medic class. BTW, I wonder why the signature is not updating. I am on rank 10 not 5.

Back