Asus NT13U b1 issues

@Arun

Great info. Uhh there were few people who claimed here above 4GB is not at all possible.

Why dont you upgrade to 2.0.1.1 ?

Praks said:
@Arun

Great info. Uhh there were few people who claimed here above 4GB is not at all possible.

Stop misquoting people.
Try to read what people have posted and actually UNDERSTAND it.

With FAT32, you CANNOT have INDIVIDUAL files over 4GB.
With NTFS, you CAN have INDIVIDUAL files over 4GB.

What people on this thread DID claim was that NTFS would not work at all since the router does not support it. That has been seemingly disproved.

However, it still does NOT change the fact that you CANNOT have INDIVIDUAL FILES over 4GB on a FAT32 harddrive

stalker said:
What people on this thread DID claim was that NTFS would not work at all since the router does not support it. That has been seemingly disproved.
true...................

stalker said:
Stop misquoting people.

Try to read what people have posted and actually UNDERSTAND it.

With FAT32, you CANNOT have INDIVIDUAL files over 4GB.

With NTFS, you CAN have INDIVIDUAL files over 4GB.

However, it still does NOT change the fact that you CANNOT have INDIVIDUAL FILES over 4GB on a FAT32 harddrive
LOL, Kool down :)

Yeah, I know FAT32 cant cross 4GB.. Anyways whole point of talk was use of more capacity HDD & Now it works. Simple.

Pat said:
Interesting..Which firmware version did it come preinstalled ?
It came pre installed with 2.0.0.9.

Praks said:
@Arun

Mate, people were referring that writing to NTFS was not possible, which leaves with the option of FAT32 where above 4GB files are not possible, as pointed out by stalker. However, for me writing to NTFS is working. The big advantage here is of downloading HD content with files much above 4GB. :) When you have the option of 24x7 download, why watch SD content. :p

I'll be upgrading the FW soon, haven't got the time yet. BTW, I'm just wondering if it is just a fluke and if I upgrade, will I lose the NTFS writing ability. :p

Are you guys sure that NTFS writing is not working for you people?

^^I havent tried yet, so can't comment.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Praks said:
Anyways whole point of talk was use of more capacity HDD & Now it works. Simple.
That was never the point. The overall capacity of HDD does not matter. The only point was the filesize restriction of individual files on the HDD formatted in FAT32!

Praks said:
LOL, Kool down :)

Yeah, I know FAT32 cant cross 4GB.. Anyways whole point of talk was use of more capacity HDD & Now it works. Simple.
what?..

that was NEVER the point.

I used a 2 TB HDD with the router.

sorry to hijack dis thread!

I want to clear a doubt here..

I have just got myself a 3G sim which i plan to put in with a Huawei E122 in the coming days. I am aware Asus NT13U has a USB port support.

But what I want is; can i extend that port capabilities by connecting a USB HUB at the back, so that i can connect the Huawei E122 loaded with the 3G sim and an external Segate HDD to download torrents through this USB hub to the USB port on the Asus NT13U?

Anyone

- Download master does not shows speed , sometimes it comes up with download speed but not always

- I had scheduled a download last night and it was 50% completed and the file is of 6.5 GB and using a 8Gb USB drive and today morning i clicked on stop and now when i try to resume its says no space left on device , is it trying to download it again ? OR is it Re-caching on USB and needs bigger drive for cache ?

- I had scheduled a download last night and it was 50% completed and the file is of 6.5 GB and using a 8Gb USB drive and today morning i clicked on stop and now when i try to resume its says no space left on device , is it trying to download it again ? OR is it Re-caching on USB and needs bigger drive for cache ?

I think you seemed to have answered your own question, the space on the 8gb drive is 7.2 gb if I am not mistaken.

Point is it downloading eveything again or caching ?
I'll try and copy over the files to a NTFS drive with 80GB and then schedule the download would it work ? As arun says NTFS work I'm on Firmware 2.0.0.9

^
It could work. Maybe as you said, it's not able to find enough space for caching. Download master is pretty buggy and doesn't show speed always, and even when it does show, it's not accurate. I've seen speeds of 700-800 kBps been shown which is impossible on my MTNL line.

Even I've had a few instances where stopping and resuming files didn't work properly and sometimes it would start all over again. So it's best try not to stop a download until it's complete, I've just updated to 2.0.1.1 yesterday so let me see if this has been improved in the new version.

@abracadabra

My actual setup is more complicated. I have a USB hub connected to the router, which is then connected to the USB HDD and a printer. Both HDD and printer work fine. I do have a problem in getting the scanner to work, and have yet to hear some successful experience from anyone in the forum.

Source: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- RT-N13U - Format hard disk? Download Master?

Technically it should also work with a USB modem then. Can't be sure unless one tries it out.

Tried plugging in Seagate Freeagent GO 500 GB(NTFS) but its not recognizing the drive.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Does it support resume downloads someone confirm ?

There are certain things here -

Does it support when router is switched off my router was switched off but when i tried to resume after starting router it never started

Download master on B1 is quite buggy.. Really looking for mod of it..

People, Who are planning to take N13U B1 just for downloading.. Please note, Router is awesome, very stable & good range. but downloading (atleast torrent) are not up to the mark. You cant see peers, speeds shoots to 600 Kbps even on 128 Kbps connection & then disappear..

Any idea when DD WRT will be available ?

Back