Asus NT13U b1 issues

Sorry guys i think i got a bit confused about the NTFS bit :ashamed:, did the setup few months ago

Will check with him properly and let u know, may have been FAT32 :p

btw he got b1 version only

@m-jeri: no re in N only mode u cannot connect a g only device

mmmm.. If its FAT32 then it would be max of 4 GB, There is no way to have 1 TB in that :)

Please check & confirm..

Increased expectation :)

Praks said:
mmmm.. If its FAT32 then it would be max of 4 GB, There is no way to have 1 TB in that :)

Please check & confirm..

Increased expectation :)

Just so I am clear, that YOU are clear,

With FAT32, you can download files that are of max size 4GB. You CAN have a 1TB hard drive! Just that individual filesize limit will be 4GB

You mean this way ?

I can use 1 TB NTFS HDD & connect to N13U B1, I have to make sure torrent file (HD Movie) should be below 4 GB (per file).. Correct sir :) ?

NTFS = no write

FAT32 = Max 4 GB per file

EXT3 = no restrictions it seems (not sure though if it's supported by this router!)

Praks said:
You mean this way ?

I can use 1 TB NTFS HDD & connect to N13U B1, I have to make sure torrent file (HD Movie) should be below 4 GB (per file).. Correct sir :) ?
:mad: :mad:

How tough is this to understand?????????

YOU CANNOT CONNECT THE N13U B1 TO AN NTFS FORMATTED HDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU USE A FAT32 FORMATTED HDD, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD FILES THAT ARE BIGGER THAN 4GIGS!!!!!!!!!!!

stalker said:
YOU CANNOT CONNECT THE N13U B1 TO AN NTFS FORMATTED HDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU USE A FAT32 FORMATTED HDD, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD FILES THAT ARE BIGGER THAN 4GIGS!!!!!!!!!!!

err...

first one wrong... second one correct.

I'm looking to buy this router primarily for my MSI CR620 which comes with Atheros AR9285 Wifi adapter. Is there anything I should be aware of? I'll be also using Nokia 5800 which is Wifi G capable with it, so I'll be using it on mixed mode although I expect all future additions to the home network will be wireless N capable. Will also be looking to set up an HDD for torrent downloading and media streaming, which is the main feature I'm looking for in this router, although it is secondary.

Should I go ahead and purchase this or settle for a G router for now? What's with the problem in range and connectivity in using it in mixed mode and/or with Atheros adapters?

Just got the router yesterday and thankfully there's enough range throughout my 1200 sq ft apartment, even though it is placed at one end of the home. Atheros AR9285 is connecting at 150 mbps and speeds of around 7-8 MBPS typically, almost up to 100mbps ethernet.

I'm able to read and write to a NTFS formatted 8GB USB flash drive as well, and torrents are downloading fine. BTW, its a B1.

How do we safely remove the USB drive before powering off the device?

EDIT: Found the option to safely remove, my bad. :ashamed:

^
Yes mate, I didn't expect it to work seeing the comments here but wanted to try it anyway so did that and it downloaded files to it just fine. I don't have a working USB HDD as of now, will try it too as soon as I get one.

Using Flash drives in NTFS is not recommended I guess, hence reverted back to Fat 32.

EDIT: Just tried with my dying Maxtor 160GB HDD formatted in NTFS, downloaded a 150mb torrent into it without a fuss. It's working, confirmed. I'm on 2.0.0.9 FW which came with the router.

Back