Assassin's Creed III - Discussion Thread

Only played for first few mins therefore i am giving only initial impressions.It seems dinjo is right.This game is far far better than those other shoddy 360 ports.If there are no close ups then the game almost touches UC3 in visual quality. Yes you read that right uncharted 3. No comments on story,gameplay etc yet.I will update as i progress.:)

Only played for first few mins therefore i am giving only initial impressions.It seems dinjo is right.This game is far far better than those other shoddy 360 ports.If there are no close ups then the game almost touches UC3 in visual quality. Yes you read that right uncharted 3. No comments on story,gameplay etc yet.I will update as i progress.:)

You got it for the PS3?

How are the frame rates on the PS3? There is an exclusive set of missions for the PS3 versions, can you confirm how good those are, once you're done with the game.
I surely will try to reply all your queries.:) Yes you are right it has an exclusive mission which has 60 minutes of gameplay.People are saying it is one of the best levels in the game.But i am yet to play it.Once i have finished some chapters i will surely update the thread.

I surely will try to reply all your queries.:) Yes you are right it has an exclusive mission which has 60 minutes of gameplay.People are saying it is one of the best levels in the game.But i am yet to play it.Once i have finished some chapters i will surely update the thread.
damn ! so lucky u get to play it !? Can't wait for it to release in PC !? PC Gaming is going downhill, first they began to release PC version much later, now devs don't even confirm the PC version (hinting GTAV) D:

thanks , look like game is around 20-25 hours long which is a good thing for me ! last time i finished revelation in just 8 hours :(
It means you are just rushing through campaign which is not the way it's meant to be played

Ok played a little bit more.Completed the training level.It seems the game looks a little better than the 360 versions having slightly better sharpness,dof & shadows.

I'm getting the PS3 version for my brother. I'll be waiting for the PC version. I guess I'll have to play the exclusive DLC missions on the PS3 then.

Ok played a little bit more.Completed the training level.It seems the game looks a little better than the 360 versions having slightly better sharpness,dof & shadows.
Colors are definitely better on 360 also frame rate is far better on 360

IMPRESSIONS TILL NOW.
I will try my best not to involve any spoilers.

This one is like one of those movies which tries to keep its viewers on the edge of their seats,by creating a mystery around its characters for a long time.
Without wasting much time let me get to the point straight.I have completed till sequence 3 which means i have completed 25% of the game in story mode.You dont play only as connor.Little connor makes his entry in sequence 4.

The good.

1> Excellent scrip and voice acting.
2>Facial animations are good.
3>Overall animations are better than its predecessors.
4.>The game looks excellent considering its a multiplatform game!As mentioned before DOF,Sharpness & AA are well balanced.Excellent lightning effects.That storm on the sea was wonderful.
5.>Combat has improved.
6.>Gripping storyline.Though a bit of slow progression but still it dosen't bore you if you are following the story attentively.

The bad.

1>Some minor glitches like texture popping up.But is very very rare and can be ignored.Actually you may not notice it also.
2>Yes there are some fps issues especially in boston.But they are nothing if you are paying attention to the game.Can be ignored.They dont affect the gamepay much.I have noticed that it generally occurs during the loading or saving time.
3>Controls can be a bit confusing at first.
4>Story progression is slow its not like AC II.Therefore some players may not like it.

Incase if you are wondering which one to go for since a lot of games are releasing this month then please keep this as your last option.The reason behind it is simple.You may have read in other forums that people are complaining about it.Well its true to some extent.If you are an assassins creed 2 or revelations lover then chances are there that you may hate it.
This game is NOT for everyone.Currently i am on sequence 6 and this is from where the game actually begins.Ubisoft may have screwed it on the technical parts as there are some glitches but not on the story and the gameplay part.

As far as i am concerned i am liking it but truth be told sometimes it really goes too far to test your patience.

I've heard that the Digital Deluxe edition contains the PS3 exclusive DLC; Benedict Arnold's missions. Anyone out here getting this version?

Back