Assassin's Creed III - Discussion Thread

I was waiting for the that Deluxe edition, as I'm not sure if those DLCs can later be fused with the regular editions. Moreover, I'll be playing Absolution as soon as I'm done with Black Ops 2. So this game would have to wait. :p

out on PC anyone tried it yet
My fps dropped to 15 when i reached boston anybody else facing similar issue?
I am sorry to say but prepare to get lags in New York too in later stages.

Yes there are lags in consoles too but its bearable and only occurs when you run.

I am not at all surprised regarding the poor performance in pc.I got a wind of it in a forum 20-25 days before its release.Thats why i avoided the pc version.I was waiting for the pc version too(read comment on page 16).
Anyways hope they fix this with a patch.

Lol Why should i fret.:p
Anyways dinjo i think i am getting some reasons for your hatred.Currently in sequence 9.
The story really has a pathetic flaw in sequence 8.

A master/expert assassin nabbed by a mere patrol guard and that too single handedly! Really storywise the jail part is pathetic.

Completed benedict arnold missions.It Lasted for 35mins approx.Not worth the time spend on it.Dosent even looks like a dlc also.It just reveals certain things about benedict thats it.

What about the other DLCs? The SP related ones, I mean. When I installed the PS3 version for my brother, a lot of cotent was unlocked. Not sure which of them were mission based.

^^In single player dlc you only get two extra missions.There is another mission called "a dangerous secret" which they say is better.It unlocks a weapon upon completion.I am yet to play it.

It seems that every single copy of the PC version of Assassin's Creed III bound for store shelves in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg was being shipped in a single truck. And that truck has been stolen by criminals.

According to this report from Dutch industry site EB, the theft took place on November 14. While Ubisoft claims the game's launch this week won't be affected, with new stock sourced from elsewhere, it has affected customers who preordered the limited "Join or Die" edition of the game, as this can't be re-manufactured.

While Ubisoft has passed on the barcodes and serial numbers of the stolen games to retailers, and has blacklisted those same numbers from its online authentication servers, you'd imagine the thieves knew exactly what they were doing. It's not like getting around PC DRM is the hardest thing in the world for people to do, criminals or not.

Three Entire Countries Had Their Assassin's Creed III Shipments Stolen

What about Ghost of War? What's that all about?

Greedy stupid ubisoft tried many ways to sell their rushed product (I am not telling it is bad yet).Therefore they tried to make many idiotic schemes in the name of stupid dlcs.As for your answer read this.

The Ghost of War is a single-player mission that can be obtained by either pre-ordering the game from Best Buy, or by buying the Deluxe Edition (UbiShop PC download), the Freedom Edition (EU), or the Join or Die Edition (EU).

Completed "a dangerous secret".This game now certainly feels like rushed.Though this time it was better and more challenging than the previous one but still cannot call it as a DLC.Naval missions are quite interesting in this game.

Surprised no one else complaining about the game not being 'shipped' even yet on the pc! The new rumor I hear is that November 29th is when the retailers like Flipkart will get it. Hoping they do a good job of getting it to the gamers quickly who pre ordered and now feel like fools for doing so!!

Anyways, its at times like these I wonder why I bother paying for games ever at all when the pirated version is already out for days now!!!

on a side note if only whoever brings these games to India had a little brains and negotiated online digital sales for these games. Steam/UBI online/Amazon etc have been selling the game for a few days already as well and all we can do is to avoid anything on the web which mentions AC3 just so it does not spoil the game!!

and while at it get the rights to sell dlc's/expansions at price proportionate to the game price also!!!! I am tired of having to pay almost as much for a ****ing DLC as I paid for the game!!

*sighs* I hate being in India at least as a gamer
/rant

does this game work with CF?i am running a 5970 here and on all max settings at 1360x768 res,in the very beginning of the game itself it stutters when i look at the forest,haven't checked the fps but otherwise it works smooth enough,it really seems like CF isn't working or it's scaling really badly.comments?

Surprised no one else complaining about the game not being 'shipped' even yet on the pc! The new rumor I hear is that November 29th is when the retailers like Flipkart will get it. Hoping they do a good job of getting it to the gamers quickly who pre ordered and now feel like fools for doing so!!

Anyways, its at times like these I wonder why I bother paying for games ever at all when the pirated version is already out for days now!!!

on a side note if only whoever brings these games to India had a little brains and negotiated online digital sales for these games. Steam/UBI online/Amazon etc have been selling the game for a few days already as well and all we can do is to avoid anything on the web which mentions AC3 just so it does not spoil the game!!

and while at it get the rights to sell dlc's/expansions at price proportionate to the game price also!!!! I am tired of having to pay almost as much for a ****ing DLC as I paid for the game!!

*sighs* I hate being in India at least as a gamer
/rant

The game has launched today in india , you should have got email from flipkart by now . Mine is shipped .

- - - Updated - - -

guys the boston level is horrible fps just drops..is this happening with every one or is it time to upgrade my cpu??

Yes its a very common issue . Wait for the patch to solve the issue . Anyways the most you can do is turn vsyn off in the .ini file...u'll get a boost of 4-5 fps..which makes it a little more playable u can find it here " C:\Users\Username\Documents\Assassin's Creed III " after that make it read-only..

Except for the tree hopping and slightly faster sprint everything else seems horribly boring up till now and I'm playing sequence 6.

Had expected a lot more than this.

OMG sequence 6 and it is still boring? Guess the others were right after all. I'll take this towards the end of the year then. I am not too hopeful of Ubi coming with a patch but let's hope for the best.

Back