PC Peripherals Recommend : Corsair TX850 or the SeaSonic S12D-850W SMPS ??

Hades.

Skilled
Aug 23, 2010
S12II Series PSUs carry 3yrs warranty in india (5 yrs in the U.S) whereas S12D and M12D series PSUs carry 5yrs warranty here in india... :)

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
This is the reply from Seasonic

Please advise what should I do now ,,,,Corsair TX850 the normal version (No -C in the model number ) or the Seasonic S12D 850 watts

Chan Clive(詹偉勝)

to me
show details 9:12 AM (2 hours ago)
Hi Sujith,
How are you today?
No worry about the warranty issue, please just tell us the serial number on the S12D-850, Seasonic HQ will make a record and provide you warranty 5 years.
If your psu has any problem after 3 years, please advise us directly, we will courier new psu to you. If we have dropped this model, we will provide you the close 850W psu for the replacement.
Warm regards,

Clive Chan / 詹偉勝

Sea Sonic Electronics Co., Ltd.

Tel: +886-2-2659-0338 Ext. 209

Fax:+886-2-2659-0530

MSN: easy1224@hotmail.com

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I have sent them a mail again asking that do I have to ship the faulty PSU to them in case of RMA after 3 years or they will ship the new one directly...:)

If there reply is yes then it would be awesome...:)

:( :( :(

Got the reply

U have to ship the faulty PSU to them and they will ship you the new one

One thing is good there are very prompt in replying.

Seems like Corsair is the way to go ,,,no other option left

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
^Excellent. What more do you want! They haven't made a mention of sending the older unit to them should something happen later. Buy the Seasonic.

PS: I have dropped them a mail as well. Will post the response here as I receive it. :)

EDIT: Saw the response. Actually shipping a faulty unit would not be all that expensive using Registered Post/Speed Post. Anyhow taking a risk isn't advisable. Seems like Corsair is the only choice now.

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
Ya ....simply i wasted three weeks in waiting for the seasonic.. in the end coming to know i have to buy the corsair 850TX.

Well I am getting the older model only not the revised one,,,the model number of the one I m getting is CMPSU 850TXUK

Dont know what this UK stands for now

???

One more update ::

I will have to ship to the following address in Taiwan and freight both of us will pay it for one time.

The address is ::

Company: Seasonic Electronic Co., Ltd.

Add: 8F# 19, Alley 360, Sec. 1, Neihu Road Neihu Taipei, Taiwan ROC

Tel: +886-226590338 # 209

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
OK I got the response as well! :rofl:

Hi BALAN,
How are you today?
No worry about the warranty issue, please just tell us the serial number on the M12D-850, Seasonic HQ will make a record and provide you warranty 5 years.
If your psu has any problem after 3 years, please advise us directly, we will courier new psu to you. Moreover, if we have dropped this model, we will send you the close 850W psu for the replacement.

Warm regards,

Clive Chan / 詹偉勝

Sea Sonic Electronics Co., Ltd.

Tel: +886-2-2659-0338 Ext. 209

Fax:+886-2-2659-0530

MSN: easy1224@hotmail.com

Sujith, you will have to ship it to the Taiwan address and yes you will have to pay for sending it. Replacement shipping charges are taken care of by Seasonic.

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
Hey i remember i read someone sending RAMs to Taiwan..was it u or some one else ,,I m not sure

Well I am ordering the corsair TX850UK model ,,,if some one can throw light on what this UK means in the model number then it would be great...

I have read on the overclock.net that the revised model of Corsair were differentiated with a (-C) at the end of the model name ,,now in my case it is UK don't know what it is :( :(

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
^That was me. A pair of G.Skill sticks to Taiwan for 183 INR (damn I still recall that figure!). Reached them safe. :)

Dude hold on for a while. Chan mentioned this when I enquired about the warranty for M12D unit:

Absolutely the warranty for M12D-850 is 5 years, our India sole distributor Tirupati will provide the excellent RMA service to you. If your psu have any problem, please don’t hesitate to contact them. After they test the returned psu, if the psu is defective, we will courier the new PSU to you directly.

I have asked him if the same holds good for the S12D unit as well. If that's the case, you can go with the Seasonic unit IMO.

EDIT: This just in from Chan! :eek:hyeah:

Yes, both of S12D & M12D enjoy 5 year warranty. We will cooperate with Tirupati to provide RMA service absolutely.

Sujith, grab the Seasonic unit.

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
I had already ordered the Corsair..was about to transfer the money when i saw ur post as well as the mail....i talked with my dealer ,,,,he said it will take 6 more days for the seasonic supply to reach India from Taiwan in ship

This is so much confusion,,,another week to wait ....please help

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
Yes he only brought up the three year warranty issue wit the seasonic...told me to got with Corsair,,,I dont think i can wait anymore

And amarbir doesnt have the seasonic :(

sarang

Skilled
Dec 22, 2005
@sorcy: What would be cheapest AX and for how much? I am planning to go 6950 on the first rig in my sig. So planning a beefier PSU than the vx450 was almost sold on the s12-d 750 till I saw this thread.

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
Seems I m out of patience,,,will go for the Corsair ,,,,and I have had good experiences with Corsair RMA ( Kaizen ) rather than with Tirupati when I had RMAed by Palit 4850 ...

Yesterday I called up Tirupati just to confirm how much is the warranty frame for the MSI Graphic cards,,,,he told me that they don't RMA MSI cards...u have to rma with MSI Directly,,,,

I was like :S

By the way whats the price of AX750??

Ordered the Corsair TX850 for 7500 with shipping :)

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
Actually i had given a token of 1000 rs for getting the seasonic but as it is getting delayed got the 850 TX from Ranjan, Future systems ,,,his shipping time is ultra fast,,,the PSU is half way to bangalore already :)