PC Peripherals Recommend : Corsair TX850 or the SeaSonic S12D-850W SMPS ??

Hi....

I recently sold my Corsair VX450 for upgrading to a Higher PSU and GPU...:)

I am confused between the Corsair VX450 and the SeaSonic S12D-850W SMPS which the ITWARES is selling currently...

Both are priced around the same and even the warranty is the same of 5 years,,,After all the corsair PSU issues of corsair using low quality components I m a bit confused,,,so guys please suggest :(

I have had a very nice RMA experience with corsair but dont know about SeaSonic...:huh:

Any idea who handles the RMA for SeaSonic ...????

Re: Recommend :::: Corsair TX850 or the SeaSonic S12D-850W SMPS????

What are your specs. Between the two i would vote for the S12 D 850w especially as u say the rumors about Corsair changing the OEM for the TX series. Also the S12D has better efficiency and slightly lower price than the TX850

The S12D 750w review is impressive. So i expect the 850w to perform similar as its the same series and Seasonic does the OEM too :p

Seasonic S12D 750 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Seasonic is very good compared to corsair & it is also 80+ silver certified too.

Go for Seasonic.

Can u post ur current rig config?

I am confused between the Corsair VX450 and the SeaSonic S12D-850W SMPS which the ITWARES is selling currently...

Both are priced around the same and even the warranty is the same of 5 years,,,After all the corsair PSU issues of corsair using low quality components I m a bit confused,,,so guys please suggest

I think u meant TX750... Seasonic S12D 850 is a great PSU... 80+ Silver Rated... Comes with the same Five Years Warranty... And its is better than TX750...And BTW Tirupati handles the RMA of Seasonic PSU...

@Hades

I meant the corsair Tx850 only not the corsair tx750

my current configuration is

AMD phenom 9550 overclocked to 2.7 Ghz
4 Gb ram
no gpu --- will buy 570 next month :
1 tb hard drive

will be mostly getting the sandy bridge and the 570 sli soon

You dont need a 850W for that config by a long way. Even a 550W will do for you and easily. Look for a nice 550-600W and you will be far from using even 80-85% of the amperage.

Thanks for the Input guys,,,,:clap:

Ya the modularity is a good advantage but the added 2k for the same in price :huh:

one more thing is that the corsair VX450 provides the wattage up to 590 watts and it is hugely under rated ...and the same i have read for the HX850 that it can provide wattage upto 1000 watts...ya I know that u should never run a PSU above its rated efficiency but still sometimes u do run into such problems while upgrades in the future,,,,

Earlier I had created a thread for running the Nvidia 470GTX on the VX450 but then thought of upgrading the PSU itself as was recommended by everyone from TE

@Dark angel

Sorry I dint get when you said "Seasonic does the OEM too" :huh:

sujithbvm said:
@Hades

I meant the corsair Tx850 only not the corsair tx750

my current configuration is

AMD phenom 9550 overclocked to 2.7 Ghz

4 Gb ram

no gpu --- will buy 570 next month :

1 tb hard drive

will be mostly getting the sandy bridge and the 570 sli soon

@mav2000

What with that you might as well consign the VX 550 to Kingdom Come

sujithbvm said:
@Dark angel

Sorry I dint get when you said "Seasonic does the OEM too" :huh:

It means that Seasonic makes the PSU's for Corsair too, Corsair just slaps its sticker's and logo onto that :bleh:

OEM ~ Original Equipment Manufacturer

mav2000 said:
You dont need a 850W for that config by a long way. Even a 550W will do for you and easily. Look for a nice 550-600W and you will be far from using even 80-85% of the amperage.
Errr..... GTX570 SLI with a 550w-600w PSU!!!!!

Thanks ALPHA16

If anyone using the seasonic brand PSUs then can you please share your experiences with the sesonic PSU and the RMA experience too,,,:)

^Their warranty service is handled by Tirupati Enterprises. They are very prompt and communicative. Replaced my M12D850 when it was DOA twice and sent me a third unit from their Kolkata head office which worked perfectly.

ALPHA17 said:
It means that Seasonic makes the PSU's for Corsair too, Corsair just slaps its sticker's and logo onto that :bleh:

OEM ~ Original Equipment Manufacturer
It doesn't work that way for Corsair although OEM essentially means that. Corsair shares the same design as the Seasonic power supply but modifies it in-house and manufactures the psu. I vaguely recall Redbeard mentioning this on another forum that Corsair supplies are not Seasonic clones.

^^

Thanks for that I didn't know it worked that way :)

@Desecrator

Yours is the modular one right,,,for how much you got it...?

And I saw many people asking for the X series,,I think they are the GOLD certified PSU so is Effiency only the reason people recommending it,,,,

Has it arrived in India

sujithbvm said:
If anyone using the seasonic brand PSUs then can you please share your experiences with the sesonic PSU and the RMA experience too,,,:)
Just yesterday i bought a Seasonic S12D 750w PSU and i must say that it is working like a champ(Solved The Restarting Issue)... :D... Desecretor recommended me this power supply... :D

So IMO buy S12D 850w eyes closed... It is a very good power supply... And even the S12D cable management is not so PITA...It has very soft sleeved cables which are easy to fold... Corsair uses very hard sleeves on the cables of its PSUs... The Sanyo Denki fan which S12D has is very silent... And S12D 750w has lots ov cables also...

I think i just wrote a mini review lol.... :D

sujithbvm said:
@Desecrator

Yours is the modular one right,,,for how much you got it...?

And I saw many people asking for the X series,,I think they are the GOLD certified PSU so is Effiency only the reason people recommending it,,,,

Has it arrived in India

No the X series have not been launched here AFAIK. Many have asked for the same and the dealers have responded negatively. I got mine for a little less than 10k. Gold or silver doesn't matter much - maybe a difference of about 3~4% effective efficiency being higher. Just know that the power supply works at it's efficient best when it is loaded to 50% of it's rated power. So if we assume you load a 80+ silver 500W PSU to 250W, it works most efficiently.

The gold series is the best out there and the fan inside works very intelligently. It does not switch itself on until the power draw crosses 20% (IIRC).
Hades. said:
Just yesterday i bought a Seasonic S12D 750w PSU and i must say that it is working like a champ(Solved The Restarting Issue)... :D... Desecretor recommended me this power supply... :D

So IMO buy S12D 850w eyes closed... It is a very good power supply... And even the S12D cable management is not so PITA...It has very soft sleeved cables which are easy to fold... Corsair uses very hard sleeves on the cables of its PSUs... The Sanyo Denki fan which S12D has is very silent... And S12D 750w has lots ov cables also...

I think i just wrote a mini review lol.... :D
Congrats! And indeed yes, the Sanyo Denki San Ace fan inside is very silent. :)

Back