PC Peripherals Recommend : Corsair TX850 or the SeaSonic S12D-850W SMPS ??

Re: Recommend :::: Corsair TX850 or the SeaSonic S12D-850W SMPS????

The ITWARES dealer told me that new models from seasonic as well the Seasonic S12D 850w PSU are coming by 10th of January....cant wait...

Sorry for a bit of a noobish question but guys is there any reason y people opting the Seasonic S12D 750w PSU version compared to the Seasonic S12D 850w PSU ,,,,is it just there personal requirements or something else....

@Descerator
Hows ur Seasonic S12D 850w PSU running after the third replacement ??

sujithbvm said:
The ITWARES dealer told me that new models from seasonic as well the Seasonic S12D 850w PSU are coming by 10th of January....cant wait...

Sorry for a bit of a noobish question but guys is there any reason y people opting the Seasonic S12D 750w PSU version compared to the Seasonic S12D 850w PSU ,,,,is it just there personal requirements or something else....

@Descerator

As I see Descerator is not running S12D 850W he has the M12D 850W... This is one of the best 850W available in Indian market. The last time I checked this M12D..It was heavy...Efficient...silent and was running a system of almost my sig(HD4870 x 2 & 24GB RAM instead) with ease.

750 instead 850 is price and the fact that if required the PSU can provide max upto 900W... So paying 700 more is not the best idea..

sujithbvm said:
@Descerator

Working without issues.

Corsair designs all their PSUs, manufacturing is done by either Seasonic and CWT, depending on the models

ALPHA17 said:
@mav2000
It means that Seasonic makes the PSU's for Corsair too, Corsair just slaps its sticker's and logo onto that :bleh:

OEM ~ Original Equipment Manufacturer

@thunder.dragon

But can we say like this that the S12D 850 can provide upto 1000 watts when required.....and sorry no budget for the modular version.......:(

Apart from the modularity is there any difference between the Seasonic S12D 850 watts and the Seasonic M12D 850 watts ???

sujithbvm said:
Thanks for the Input guys,,,,:clap:

Ya the modularity is a good advantage but the added 2k for the same in price :huh:

one more thing is that the corsair VX450 provides the wattage up to 590 watts and it is hugely under rated ...and the same i have read for the HX850 that it can provide wattage upto 1000 watts...ya I know that u should never run a PSU above its rated efficiency but still sometimes u do run into such problems while upgrades in the future,,,,

Earlier I had created a thread for running the Nvidia 470GTX on the VX450 but then thought of upgrading the PSU itself as was recommended by everyone from TE

@Dark angel

Sorry I dint get when you said "Seasonic does the OEM too" :huh:
Its just on paper. A brand new VX450 failed pathetically on running my machine. Same was the case after replacing the PSU on RMA. System restarted even on slightest fluctuation in main voltage. Things got more stable when i took out my GPU. Now ive upgraded to Tagan BZ 800 and my PC couldnt be more stable. PC is oober stable even on crazy voltage fluctuations. Im not even using any UPS, only a Sine wave inverter and PC doesnt shutdown due to delay caused by inverter-Amazing.

final word: Always better to go for a higher wattage PSU. Go easy on the PSU, and it can serve you really well and long.

@dOm1naTOr's
Thank you...I am going for the 850 watts :)

Guys i was going through the reviews of the Seasonic S12D 850 watts and found that the official website says that it has got 70 amps on the 12V rail and then i found this picture which is the is the backside of the PSU...which adds upto 40 + 40 = 80 amps...Can anyone confirm this??

@ Descerator

Can u please confirm how much are your amps on the M12D 850 watts?

007nb.jpg

excellent choice. the seasonic s12d beats corsair comprehensively.

and by the way u are getting it wrong. combined 12v ampere is 70 amps. that implies both combined u can draw 70 amps totally. but on each one max is 40 amps(max on one line only). so if one is using 38 amps other can use max of 32 amps. thats the idea.. so at any given time one line can draw max of 40 amps only out of the total 70 amps.

but are u sure seasonic s12d has 2 +12v lines?

^Cannot be opening the system right away (since I am headed for Gulliver's Travels show in sometime) but that snap is right about the specs. The only difference is the cables are modular which explains the M in the M12D as against S12D.

m12d and s12d are same builds. one is modular(M for modular-cables can be attached when needed. helps in cable management) and the other is plain model(s12d one). apart from this no other difference is there.

some mention better voltage control on the modular version but its not significant.

Thanks mrcool63

and tight on budget for the modular version ,,have to get GPU too,,,:D

Hopefully the ITWARES gets it soon,,,

Guys do u think it would be available on SP road,,,personally i have never seen a seasonic PSU on the SP Road...

sujithbvm said:
^^ Sure buddy
TheItWares is a very reputed dealer... once the stock of seasonic PSU arrives just PM him and ask him how much will b the shipping charges... AND BTW Rahul (The ITWares) is the authorized dealer of Seasonic PSUs And Noctua Coolers ;)

Back