PC Peripherals Recommend : Corsair TX850 or the SeaSonic S12D-850W SMPS ??

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
Hello guys,

From the past one month I am trying to get a seasonic S12D 850 watts but no luck as of yet,,,Seems I have to settle for a Corsair TX850 ,,,any pointers to where I can get it,,,:( :(

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
max 7.5K,,,I had decided on the corsair TX850 but later all the low building parts thing came up so shifted to buying seasonic but it is not available anywhere

Hades.

Skilled
Aug 23, 2010
sujithbvm said:
Thanks Descerator will check it out :)
And also tell him that S12D 850w is selling for 7150 including VAT... After hearing this he may sell u this for 7150 (incl VAT) + shipping :)

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
Guys the warranty for seasonic S12D 850 watts is 3 years ,,,just confirmed from 2 dealers.,,,,i was thinking it to be 5 years.....Every review and website says it is 5 years ...now what to do,,,,?

Hades.

Skilled
Aug 23, 2010
sujithbvm said:
Guys the warranty for seasonic S12D 850 watts is 3 years ,,,just confirmed from 2 dealers.,,,,i was thinking it to be 5 years.....Every review and website says it is 5 years ...now what to do,,,,?
What... i dont think so... :eek:

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
the dealers told me that the warranty changed some few months back....will contact rahul and the tirupati enterprises

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Talked with tirupati enterprises, Bangalore

The person there is telling that the warranty on all Seasonic products high end or low end PSUs it is 5 years only :(

Seems like the only one providing the 5 year warranty is the Corsair ...no other option left

stalker

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
Desecrator said:
^Don't seem that is the case. I don't think any of the manufacturers would have a different warranty period for their lineup for different countries.

Reconfirm it with Seasonic directly.
The EU has a requirement according to which any electronic product sold there must come with a 2 year warranty (or something to that effect).

Having differing warranty coverage for different regions is a very valid business case for many firms.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
stalker said:
The EU has a requirement according to which any electronic product sold there must come with a 2 year warranty (or something to that effect).
Who's denying it anyway? My point is the power supply should have a 5 year warranty irrespective of being sold in the EU, US, Middle-East or Asia.

This is the warranty card found inside the power supply bundle.

@sujith: send an email to:

Code:
support@seasonic.com.tw
stating the query.

stalker

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
Desecrator said:
Who's denying it anyway? My point is the power supply should have a 5 year warranty irrespective of being sold in the EU, US, Middle-East or Asia.

This is the warranty card found inside the power supply bundle.
I don't think any of the manufacturers would have a different warranty period for their lineup for different countries.

I was referring to this. Just stating that it is possible for manufacturers to have differing warranty coverage depending upon region.