Need Suggestions to buy a new Laptop in the range of around 30k

neoone said:
Hi guys!

i am looking to buy a value for money laptop under 40k, will be watching movies, listening music and Ms office in that order. A tech site suggested Lenovo Z 570, but i am not sure about their servicing and screen display quality. Dell Inspiron 15r is also on the radar. Please help to make an informed decision. Should i buy lenovo Z570 or go with Dell 15r?

Lenovo is catching up with dell in sales and z570 is their best model, decent looks and good screen (Checked the model myself), but not that good in ASS. DELL inspiron on the other hand, has boring looks, decent screen and the best ASS.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

aadi007 said:
Can you please provide a link from where you have purchased this? The price seems to be very good. And congratulations for your new lappy!

I'm still waiting for my paycheck to get one :mad:

14 yr, may be yes! Aajkal ke bache you know :tongue: IDK much about samsung models, never experienced any.

Finally ordered the Laptop x53ta from ASUS itself for 28.5. Will post the hands on when I get it. One small doubt: how do I upgrade the RAM? Win 7 x64 needs 4 GB of RAM right?

I read about the 2 variants 240 pin RAM and 204 RAM, one is for laptop the other one is for desktops. Is there any other variant than these two. (Frequency is 1333 for both).

Planning to order this one. Is this the right one?

Flipkart: Corsair 2 GB DDR3: Ram

^^Why not from E_rodov ? There is nothing like win 7 x64 needs 4GB RAM, just that it works flawlessly on 4GB. Ask Asus tech support about compatible RAM.

I left my phone number in ASUS Indian site for x53ta enquiry. They called up in 2 days and said they'll get back with price and availability in another 2 days and they called up yesterday. They quoted the same price as E_rodov and they are even shipping it today to Chennai for free. So I went with ASUS itself :). Kind of feeling bad for not ordering from E_rodov because I gave like 10 pm s now and then, he answered all the queries promptly. He is a good seller. :(

Will post the review tonight if I receive the laptop today :D

Initial impressions on X53ta - Not too good :( about the touch-pad and screen. Yet to install OS, will update the review soon..

Dell Vostro 3550/2nd gen I3/2GB DDR3/320 GB 7200 rpm HDD/USB 3.0 for Rs26250/-

I think its an awesome deal.

^^ Yup.. Great Deal..

Bought Samsung NP300-S01IN for 31 k :clap: with only bag and a mouse :ashamed:...at lamington road !!

the screen is good as it is antireflective...yet to plat some movies and games...to check voice quality too...keypad feels good and touch pad is just perfectly responsive...!!

have installed win 7 HP x64 SP1 along with drivers....btw it does come with easy software manager.....does look like a great solution for installing and updating the drivers for the laptop ... !!

will update the post soon !!

Cons:

No USB 3.0 :mad:

Since I don't have a lot of time to write a review this week, I'll just post the pros and cons of the laptop..

Pros:

First off, as we read in the reviews, It's very strong in the GPU section, and a bit weak in CPU area. I've installed 64 bit Win 7 Ultimate in the given 2 GB RAM, planning to upgrade to 4 GB next week. It works flawlessly and multitasks very well, given that it' got only a 1.4 GHz quad core proccy, (which IMO is going to be the spec of Galaxy S III :p) and 2 GB of RAM. Sometimes it lags a bit, it's mainly because I open too many tabs in the browser and tried to play HD videos, while copying them from LAN.

Build quality is very good.

I played Valve CS and Steam CS and it's rendered in OpenGL, very fast and smooth. No new games as of now, planning to install NFS: The Run. :cool2:

My laptop came with the latest Bios version and latest drivers in the DVD included, So no banding issues in the screen. In fact the screen is not that bad TBH, it's sharp and crisp, but the viewing angles are poor.

And yes, there is a Card Reader.

Cons:

Keyboard and Touchpad - Touchpad's keys are horrible, which makes a small noise while clicking, as for Keyboard, it's not chicklet styled one, sometimes I accidentally press another key. (One more thing is that in my laptop right top corner of the keyboard is not firmly fixed to the body, so I have to call the service person to come to take a look). All the ports are placed awkwardly, in the side of the laptops, especially the USB ports :mad:.

Speakers are horrible than DELL inspiron, given that it's from Altec Lansing. No Lows whatsoever.

The weird burning smell. It's there from the first time I booted up, now it's still there, coming from the vent. It's much less now and it's maybe because the laptop is new or I'm paranoid. :ashamed:

Crossfire causes a flickering in the screen as we've read, but once you turn it off, it's all smooth again.

Final Verdict:

It's really a good choice under 30K for a laptop. I don't do much gaming, but went to this anyway because I wanted a cheap laptop with good battery battery backup which runs cool and I think I've made the right choice. :)

I have got my Asus X53T and i am pretty much satisfied with it.

Final verdict: VFM Laptop within 30k

I am playing NFS Hot pursuit with full settings with negligible frame drops.

Here are the pics :

speaker sound is quite loud but dont expect quality audio...no bass at all....sound like cheap 500 bucks iball speakers :no:

but the config of i3-2330+520mx+chicklet keyboard (?)+matte screen+1.3 mp cam+640gb HDD is really nice for 31 k..thats what i feel :eek:hyeah:

[attachment=10435:17356.attach]

Attachments

• IMG083.jpg
    IMG083.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG084.jpg
    IMG084.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG085.jpg
    IMG085.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG086.jpg