Need Suggestions to buy a new Laptop in the range of around 30k

swapyworld said:
have seen core2duo laptops with 2.2Ghz....even they take time in opening pictures and HD movies....if you are opening multiple tabs, it will be cumbersome to operate
not always...how can one explain one with 3Gb ram but still hanging while operating a photo application by canon and transfering the pictures to USB device...it was entirey because of my friends C2D 2.2GHz laptop...bought 2 yrs back...so thats why the concern !!
I dunno why do you faced that problem, but a c2d 2.2 is very capable of handling all the tasks given that RAM should be sufficient, >=2GB.

JuGGa said:
I dunno why do you faced that problem, but a c2d 2.2 is very capable of handling all the tasks given that RAM should be sufficient, >=2GB.
i know i shouldnt have faced it with friends laptop....thats why the concern...it has 3Gb ddr2 installed in it !!

Small doubt here. Counter strike is an opengl game, and I've been reading that AMD's don't support that.. Can I play CS in Asus LLano? :huh:

[And the upcoming Counter-Strike Global Offensive Next year?]

wolvish said:
Small doubt here. Counter strike is an opengl game, and I've been reading that AMD's don't support that.. Can I play CS in Asus LLano? :huh:

[And the upcoming Counter-Strike Global Offensive Next year?]
Of course, I have played CS on almost all platforms, and experience was pretty fine. I assume CS : GO would be not a much graphics intensive game, as all CS's are, so I assume it should run fine.

swapyworld said:
have seen core2duo laptops with 2.2Ghz....even they take time in opening pictures and HD movies....if you are opening multiple tabs, it will be cumbersome to operate

Definitely something is wrong with that laptop, i can play 11GB HD movies with no stutter and it doesnt take any time for opening any HD movies or pictures, even browsing with 25-35 tabs is super smooth with intel C2D.

Ok. I've finally decided on getting the x53ta for 27500+ shipping from er_dv forums. I even contacted the asus customer care, they quoted 29000 for the same. So any last minute suggestions guys? (I still have a concern for poor screen of the x53ta). Thanksgiving is around the corner :)

swapyworld said:
not always...how can one explain one with 3Gb ram but still hanging while operating a photo application by canon and transfering the pictures to USB device...it was entirey because of my friends C2D 2.2GHz laptop...bought 2 yrs back...so thats why the concern !!
Something is horribly wrong with that laptop.
I still watch a lot of HD movies(massive size)in a 2 year old C2D MBP with absolute ease.

You can go with Acer Aspire TimelineX 5830T,
Lenovo Essential G470/59-314044
HP 630 Ci3-370M
Acer Aspire TimelineX 5830T

But I would say you can get better feature in Dell and the service is also good.

Hi guys!
i am looking to buy a value for money laptop under 40k, will be watching movies, listening music and Ms office in that order. A tech site suggested Lenovo Z 570, but i am not sure about their servicing and screen display quality. Dell Inspiron 15r is also on the radar. Please help to make an informed decision. Should i buy lenovo Z570 or go with Dell 15r?

@Wolvish- don't go for older i series. Newer SB's are better in every aspect, cooler, faster, low TDP ,and on die gfx of course. A new SB i3 will make older i5 shame.

@Jugga: Thanks.. X53ta/k53sv is going to be my final choice.. (Though the acer model is really cool :tongue:). I thought of buying HP probook for my boss, who's budget is 25-30k. This model seemed to be a good alternative.. :)

wolvish said:
@Jugga: Thanks.. X53ta/k53sv is going to be my final choice.. (Though the acer model is really cool :tongue:). I thought of buying HP probook for my boss, who's budget is 25-30k. This model seemed to be a good alternative.. :)

I have ordered mine 1 x Asus X53TA-SX096D and waiting for it to hands on :D

wolvish said:
Ok. I've finally decided on getting the x53ta for 27500+ shipping from er_dv forums. I even contacted the asus customer care, they quoted 29000 for the same. So any last minute suggestions guys? (I still have a concern for poor screen of the x53ta). Thanksgiving is around the corner :)

Can you please provide a link from where you have purchased this? The price seems to be very good. And congratulations for your new lappy!

Back