Need Suggestions to buy a new Laptop in the range of around 30k

wolvish

Disciple
Hi guys, I currently own a dell inspiron, but it's a 3 year old one and turns itself off when i do gaming or video encoding. So want to move to a new one.

1. What's my Budget?

- Around 27-32 k, strictly can't up more.

2. What will be my primary usage for the notebook be?

- Web surfing, MS Office, Video encoding, lot of HD movie playback, Games like Counter Strike, GTA, [will install ubuntu along with Windows]. :cool2:

3. What size and weight considerations do I have?

- 14' or 15.6' inch HD LED screen within 3 kgs. I'm not into ultra portable and all, because it will heat up pretty soon where i live.

4. Any brand that I prefer, or any brand that I detest?

- NOT impressed with DELL. :mad:

5. Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)

- Widescreen, 3-4 hour battery backup, any finish is fine. Should be fast to my usage and can't upgrade for another 3 years :p

If u can find it locally
Asus X Series X53TA-SX096D
is best
flipkart.com/computers/laptops/asus/itmdfw4mbfrnxhdf?pid=comdfw4kevxkrzct&_l=RAIjPowlGo_C6tEWbOAweA--&_r=iAUcsg90lJ163FafO0eeAw--&ref=9e01a41a-ca58-4621-abbf-ce9d02f5a88d

or
HP Notebook HP 430
flipkart.com/computers/laptops/hp/itmdywe3t8zpzhxm?pid=comdywd8ssbsxk9y&_l=RAIjPowlGo_C6tEWbOAweA--&_r=FiHhvV2ogG7vp52x15jARA--&ref=fdd67457-6e1c-4a6a-80f4-d54957cccebb

Very valuable suggestions. Thanks..

@Jugga : I'm not a big fan of Toshiba. But the Sammy one with HD LED screen is a really good deal.. :)

@cyn!de : I read good feedbacks about that ASUS one. One question though: AMD processors are known for their easy heating up. My place gets very extremely hot in summer, so will it withstand the heat? Also any users in TE who has that one?

I'm a bit inclined to lenovo nowadays. Any good deals on them?

cyn!de said:
ASUS one is quad core and 6650 will suffice ur gaming needs for 1-2 years...

Just compare the benchies of that A8 procy and discrete 6650. You will be shocked by the results.

I was talking about the gfx on A6-3400 and flipkart specs show it has got 6650 gfx! :no:

If you closely compare the benchmark scores of "6650" of A6 and discrete 6650, then you'll see the reality.

See this-

A6 gfx | Discrete 6650

------ -------------

core clock 400Mhz 600Mhz

3d Mark 06 4037 7350

It itself tells the story. A6 actually has 6520G gfx which is much weaker than 6650. :)

Source- Notebookcheck.net

Hmm.. My reading on this helped me to understand the fact that Intel Sandy Bridge proccys have good CPU performance (Although i7s are used in high end gaming devices)and AMD llano's handle Graphical processing well. So which laptop should I invest in, if I want decent gaming, browsing and mainly for audio video encoding/decoding? Ilano one right?

Llano-> Better gaming, better battery life.

i3-> Better CPU performance, thus encoding-decoding.

Note-Llano has 6520G, i3/i5 has HD3000, which have about 15% difference in gfx performance.

Choose as per your needs :)

i am looking for something similar too !!

you can have a look at asus k53e-sx096d for 29.1 k..with i3 2nd gen+gt 520mx+2gb ddr3 BTv3....rest you can find on the sitr

gt 520mx is higher clocked gt 520m...so better graphichs !!

or look for asus k53e-sx185d for 25.5k except gpu it has rest the same config with intel hd3000

@jugga, are you saying k53TA-sx096d is having an effective 6520 gfx?

btw is 6520 better than hd 3000 or even gt520mx? n if llano are so much better which one would u suggest for 30k?

Back