English TV series discussion

For me Brooklyn Nine-Nine is best new show of 2013.
Not a single dull episode in whole season..
And most importantly ensemble cast is great, each and every character hilarious..
I liked the series a lot too but unfortunately I've already seen this which makes every scene with braugher a letdown;

on second season of poi. it manages to keep things interesting. my 2 cents as to why the blacklist feels repititive and unoriginal in comparison to poi is
in blacklist, the no has already been decided as the perpretator, while in poi, the story keeps changing frequently and u keep wondering if the no is victim/ perpretator. secondly, reddington reveals the modus operandi of the perpretator, while in poi, it takes time to understand how everything is linked

Recently finished BBC's 'The Hour'. Liked the first season better than the second, although there wasn't much between them. A good days worth of episodes.

Just started watching Hannibal season 2. Great first episode. Continues to be the best looking show on TV.

Continue watching, it only gets better.

Got down to watching True Detective and man what an overrated show it is. I'm on episode 6 atm and still haven't found it to be anything special. Sure the acting is good, but there is barely any sleuthing and too much focus on their private lives for such a short season. The story too is not engaging enough and I almost dozed off in the first few episodes. They speak lines trying to be all deep and philosophical but it just came across as campy. Also, it feels like a kids show when compared to the dark and gloomy atmosphere from Hannibal.

Last edited:
Continue watching, it only gets better.

Got down to watching True Detective and man what an overrated show it is. I'm on episode 6 atm and still haven't found it to be anything special. Sure the acting is good, but there is barely any sleuthing and too much focus on their private lives for such a short season. The story too is not engaging enough and I almost dozed off in the first few episodes. They speak lines trying to be all deep and philosophical but it just came across as campy. Also, it feels like a kids show when compared to the dark and gloomy atmosphere of Hannibal.

Maybe you would have liked it more if the rest of us had not been orgasming all over the place about it. Ah the effects of hype...
Plus, I can't help but feel that is one of those shows that really shines when you watch it weekly as opposed to churn through.
But, of course, to each his own :)

the family life was highlighted in TD to counteract the dim and gloomy mood of the work assigned to the detectives. due to the heavy nature of their work, they needed to go wild in their personal life
cohle opted to bang girls and rust opted to understand the whole situation better by digging deep into human philosophy/ detective work
but its true that in this era, we cant escape hype. this hype unnecessary creates expectations and it becomes difficult to watch the movie/show on its own merit. hence nowadays i do not dwell too much on imdb ratings/reviews before dnlding a movie. i simply dnld. if it works out gr8, if not then also ok.

Just got done with it, i'd give it a 5/10.
Also reminded me of this video.

Oh and found this on yt, exactly what i was trying to say in my previous post.

Last edited:
Finished another wonderful season of Shameless.This Emmy Nominated Shocking tale of a few ****ed-up families from South Chicago has always Enchanted me.It is really a fact that after one sees Shameless,he wont ever find any family in this world shocking or Bizarre.it is astounding to see as the story arc manages to pile up one ****-up over another leading to a never ending clusterfuck.Still at the end of the day itshows how to live life among love and family. But as always nothing rises beyond the usual if there is not acting in it.Top Class acting by the leads William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum,and The three time Emmy Nominated Joan Cusack is the lifeblood of this show,along with some splendid performances from the so called "Kid actors" - Jeremy Allen White,Cameron Monaghan,Ethan Cutkosky, Emma Kenney,Noel Fisher & my personal favorite Emma Greenwell.It would be a Mistake for any TV Show addict/connoisseur to miss this one. —

PLEASE Please Go watch Shameless,The most underrated show on This thread

Finished another wonderful season of Shameless.This Emmy Nominated Shocking tale of a few ****ed-up families from South Chicago has always Enchanted me.It is really a fact that after one sees Shameless,he wont ever find any family in this world shocking or Bizarre.it is astounding to see as the story arc manages to pile up one ****-up over another leading to a never ending clusterfuck.Still at the end of the day itshows how to live life among love and family. But as always nothing rises beyond the usual if there is not acting in it.Top Class acting by the leads William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum,and The three time Emmy Nominated Joan Cusack is the lifeblood of this show,along with some splendid performances from the so called "Kid actors" - Jeremy Allen White,Cameron Monaghan,Ethan Cutkosky, Emma Kenney,Noel Fisher & my personal favorite Emma Greenwell.It would be a Mistake for any TV Show addict/connoisseur to miss this one. —

PLEASE Please Go watch Shameless,The most underrated show on This thread

Good to see ppl mention this gem for once. I've never felt bored watching this and the current season was great too.

I think 3rd season is also out, right?

The 4th season ended last week.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Anybody watched here 'Mad Man' or 'Hell On Wheels' ?
Are they any good ?

Is this 'Mad Man' similar to 'Suits' ?
Mad Men just started it's final season, but it is already considered a classic. There is no show like it. It is certainly slow and takes its own time to move forward, but the experience is worth it. I am not sure whether anyone can binge watch it though.

Just watched the HIMYM season finale. And I loved it.

So glad that the finale redeemed all the bad press its been getting on. and it did not give into the cliche endings. and happy that Robin did end up with Ted.
Watched the entire final season at one go. :D. An amazing ending to a series that started amazing and dragged a bit.

And Barney's ending was spectacular by any means. A true ending to his character. Lilly and marshal's ending was meh..

And the daughter did say the truth, this show wasnt about the mother. it was about Ted and Robin all along. But the mother did play an awesome part.
Loved the way they give Ted kids and still end up with Robin as she doesnt want kids.

HIMYM is in my top 10 list now.

Last edited:
Back