English TV series discussion

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
Just watched the HIMYM season finale. And I loved it.
and happy that Robin did end up with *****

People are so darn happy to flood in the spoilers around , as if it is some kinda charity work.

Not like that these people dont read things on the internet or are not aware about the term 'Spoiler', or even about 'Spoiler Alert'.
Just like little kids, would flock to discussion threads, not able to hold their excitement bladder and will blurt everything out in a moment of euphoria.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
Stop being such a jerk. If you havent seen the finale till now, you dont care enough to see it first hand. Why bother then.

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
:D
That is a swell explanation really. Poor attempt to get away with your irresponsible ways of posting.
But, based on your previous behaviour, i kinda expected that.

It is not only about the current people who 'might' be watching it. There are others/future visitors who wont be picking this up unless they see recommendations coming in.
I am pretty sure you cannot factor in any kind of busy schedule/assignments which might have made people hold onto the viewing of the finale, but the least you can try to do is start mentioning the word 'Spoiler' than trying to pass off weak reasons to save face and justify 'rude' ways of posting.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
Being a self appointed moral holy man, expect nothing else from people like you. Continue trolling.

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
^ Exactly how hard it is for anybody to accept a mistake on a forum and move on and rather start posing as a drama queen and create further ridiculous posts.

Clearly, your post wasnt anywhere in line with the netiquettes, and further replies like that of a headless chicken further proves your thinking ways.
All this for what? Admitting that you did overlooked the need for a simple word usage ? Your replies got nothing to stand on.

But i gotta admit, it is fun picking on you. Based on earlier issues directly involving you, i know there is nothing substantial of a rebuttal which ll come my way.. So it is actually fun to see to what lengths you ll go to not admit your mistakes : )

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
Stop being such a jerk. If you havent seen the finale till now, you dont care enough to see it first hand. Why bother then.

I was castigated (well almost) for blurting out a not so huge (but nevertheless important) spoiler about the series finale of House M.D. This well after a year and half after the show ended (I started it quite late). I promptly edited the problematic part but the feeling of spoiling it for someone and his reaction to the same made me feel very bad about it. I see that you've already included spoilers, so good on that front :).

But just don't be so caustic over something like this (the above quoted part was VERY high-handed in its tone). Own up and move forward!

Reactions: Spacescreamer

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
^ Exactly how hard it is for anybody to accept a mistake on a forum and move on and rather start posing as a drama queen and create further ridiculous posts.

Clearly, your post wasnt anywhere in line with the netiquettes, and further replies like that of a headless chicken further proves your thinking ways.
All this for what? Admitting that you did overlooked the need for a simple word usage ? Your replies got nothing to stand on.

But i gotta admit, it is fun picking on you. Based on earlier issues directly involving you, i know there is nothing substantial of a rebuttal which ll come my way.. So it is actually fun to see to what lengths you ll go to not admit your mistakes : )

And its more fun to see someone being delusional. Sad, but fun. :)

But i gotta admit, it is fun picking on you.

But glad to see you admit of being a jerk.

I was castigated (well almost) for blurting out a not so huge (but nevertheless important) spoiler about the series finale of House M.D. This well after a year and half after the show ended (I started it quite late). I promptly edited the problematic part but the feeling of spoiling it for someone and his reaction to the same made me feel very bad about it. I see that you've already included spoilers, so good on that front :).

But just don't be so caustic over something like this (the above quoted part was VERY high-handed in its tone). Own up and move forward!

I was trying to be high handed as possible as the stupid post above me.

This is the moral high point I can actually take. Spoilers, I forgot. made amends to the post. End of it for me.

But people thinking they are at a moral high gerund due to a pointing out some post not posted with etiquette. That is source of humor for me.

And yes. this is as much as moral high i am going to be. Its a online forum for me. nothing more.

Last edited:

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Nov 3, 2010
Skynet
Just watched the HIMYM season finale. And I loved it.

So glad that the finale redeemed all the bad press its been getting on. and it did not give into the cliche endings. and happy that Robin did end up with Ted.
Watched the entire final season at one go. :D. An amazing ending to a series that started amazing and dragged a bit.

And Barney's ending was spectacular by any means. A true ending to his character. Lilly and marshal's ending was meh..

And the daughter did say the truth, this show wasnt about the mother. it was about Ted and Robin all along. But the mother did play an awesome part.
Loved the way they give Ted kids and still end up with Robin as she doesnt want kids.

HIMYM is in my top 10 list now.
Same feeling here, but I watched Kuch Kuch Hota Hai :D

P.S. I haven't watched HIMYM, and don't plan to watch it either.

chiron

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006
PLEASE Please Go watch Shameless,The most underrated show on This thread

I've seen the UK version - the episode where Debbie kidnaps the baby was one of the best episodes of television I've seen but the story starts to go downhill by the time it gets to S3. I wonder if the US version is worth watching after seeing the UK one.

May 20, 2010
Kolkata
Shameless is unapologetic - it shows what it needs to show,if there is two people ****ing, it will show that,there are plenty scenes which show thing which are beyond nudity..u have to see it to experience it
still its much better than that idiot shitshow Spartacus (Couldn't even finish a single episode till now), which everyone goes so ga ga about.If u Have watched Banshee,shameless u can Handle, although i do not recommend watching it with Minors,still u will feel closer to ur family after u watch it - go figure

and no,I find UK version more artistic,but hardly as full of life as the US version

*finally folds hands...Bhailog please stop being Indians,get The pilot and answer ur questions urself
@raksrules @chiron

Get the Pilot.....[DOUBLEPOST=1397497958][/DOUBLEPOST]Love Peering.....Got Utopia s01 and Chuck s04&5 (7.7 gigs) under 15 mins from a fellow peer :)

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Half-way throught the second season of 'The Newsroom' and I feel this season continues to be interesting, just like the previous one. Unfortunately, Will's role is a bit wobbly in this one and has less focus compared to the last one. On the bright side though, other characters have had the oppurtunity to shine; read Maggie and Sloan. Jim's character is really boring and his stupid facial expressions really don't help. Don should probably have more screen time, instead of him. Heck, even Reese would do a dam good job, but Jim needs to be booted out altogether. Good to see Mackenzie still being her usual self in this one too. Just 4 more episodes left.

One a side note, has anyone seen 'Lost Girl'?

rdst_1

Skilled
May 10, 2009
Mad Men just started it's final season, but it is already considered a classic. There is no show like it. It is certainly slow and takes its own time to move forward, but the experience is worth it. I am not sure whether anyone can binge watch it though.

Perhaps that's the reason I didn't take a liking to it.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
Well.. for all the this-show-is-the-best-lovers, you guys just need to watch last week's Family guy. :). A nice Bryan Cranston segment is there. For those who watched, they will get it.

And again, was watching HIMYM and realized how good he is in comedy. wish he would do a comedy again soon.

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
Spoilers, I forgot. made amends to the post. End of it for me.

Of all the drivel, this is the line i really did read. Happy to see the thing got to you.
Maybe next time many other people will take the cue and not blabber the spoilers and ruin the viewing for others.

End of.

Spartacus (Couldn't even finish a single episode till now)

Glad to have found another person with similar experience.
Hope to read more recommendations from your side.