English TV series discussion

Nah. I wouldnt call these spoilers. They are just generic doubts. If i have specific doubts, i would tag them in spoilers. @raks : What other "finished" series would you recommend preferably in action/thriller/mystery genre. I have Psych and Alias on download list,

Psych is really very good. It is Humor with detective stuff so don't expect much action or thrill or mystery. Action and all if you want then i suggest Burn notice, it is also finished. It is no mystery though but I enjoyed it.
Under the dome, only season 1 has aired but it is good.

I am always looking for good "finished" series and that is why most i take up new are the ones which have ended.

@srkmish

Chuck, if you want some action, but it is cheesy in a lot of places, but overall the show is enjoyable. And yes it is over so you can watch that.

Last edited:
Finished S1 of "The Americans", starts off slow, but damn, once things escalate, its a non-stop thrill ride.

Now semi-marathonning Justified S3, Homeland S2.

It is Humor with detective stuff so don't expect much action or thrill or mystery.

Try brooklyn nine-nine, it is Parks & Rec in a police station, S1 just fininshed, it has been renewed for next year. Best new comedy of last year.

I love Parks and Rec, so i am sure I will like Brooklyn nine-nine. But i have my plate full at the moment. But i will put it to my DL List.

For me Brooklyn Nine-Nine is best new show of 2013.
Not a single dull episode in whole season..
And most importantly ensemble cast is great, each and every character hilarious..

First season is quite good. Second season, not so much.

@Ethan_Hunt You won't be disappointed

I'm almost towards the end of the first season and I absolutely love it. Reminds me of the first season of Suits; witty, fast and very well written. Jeff Daniels does a great job and so does the rest of the cast. I love it when Charlie looes his temper, he is such an enthusiastic and supportive character. Emily Mortimer is so adorable and Olivia Munn is hubba-hubba-hubba. Does the second season get better or....?

Done with House Series Finale..It was perfect for me. :)
Now wondering what to watch next.
Am waiting for Supernatural Season 9 to end.
Had Luther Season 1 and 2 lying around, so started witht that.[DOUBLEPOST=1396931502][/DOUBLEPOST]How is Blackadder?
Has anybody watched it?

Last edited:
Done with The Newsroom's first season. Fantastic show. I just hope they tone down the whole Jim/Maggie/Don/Lisa love drama. MacKenzie is now officially my favourite character on the show. Emily Mortimer just energises the whole show with her performance. Here's one scene (and then some more) that literally made me pause the show and laugh out loud:

and this:

followed by this:

and this just can't be missed:

Finished Luther Season 1. Luther is intense. Idris Alba has done a terrific job. ALice Morgan is one nutcase. :D
Hated the Season 1 Ending though.
Too bad Luther has only 3 seasons.

Hello hello!
Just here to perform my weekly gushing about how utterly horrifyingly awesome Rick and Morty is.
OMG Rick and Morty is so utterly horrifyingly awesome with super intelligent writing!
Thanks and good day!

Silicon valley was interesting but lacked the charm that made Office Space so great.

Heard some nice reviews about it. BTW, I'm surprised that people are not complaining about having token Asian characters in show set in a city which has perhaps highest number of Asians in USA.

Silicon valley was interesting but lacked the charm that made Office Space so great.

It was "alright" .. thats my verdict at the moment .. though Pilot episodes tend to play it safe .. (unless you are JJ Abrams :D) ..
The jokes were good but they could have been executed much better, the humorous situations were downplayed .. I can see how staying trying to stay on the technological cutting edge of the world they've created vs the level of audience appreciation can be a tough balance ..

I just hope it doesn't turn into another TBBT stereotyping disaster ..

Back