Dell XPS 15 Vs New Dell XPS15(Sandybridge)

[quote name='skaluva']Hi guys,

Most reviews voting for Dell L502x laptop. So i want to go for this one.

My final configuration: (edited)

PROCESSOR 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)

SECURITY SOFTWARE McAfee(R) Security Center - 30days trial

15.6" (39.6cm) FHD (1920x1080) B+RGLED display with TrueLifeâ„¢

MEMORY 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 4GB)

HARD DRIVE 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

OPTICAL DRIVE Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability

VIDEO CARD 2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus

BATTERIES 9 Cell Primary Battery

WIRELESS NETWORK CARD Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS

KEYBOARD Dellâ„¢ Backlit Keyboard (English)

Total cost:63K

Guys, i've updated my config as much as possible. My friend told he will try to get more discount than earlier he said. So i've upgraded and send my config to him. He will update me today with actual cost. If it wont come under 55K(after disc), i need to change the config again. Here i want to change either of them.

i) Screen to default one or

ii) Graphic card to 1GB

Which one i should go for? Please suggest.

I would suggest you to drop the graphics card upgrade. Switch back to 525M.

Also, does anyone know if the discount will be more if an order is placed for 4 laptops at once?

pauldmps said:
If watching movies is more important, drop the GPU.

If gaming is more important, drop the screen.
Ok. Thanks Buddy. I will drop the GPU as for me watching movies is more important than gaming.:)

[quote name='skaluva'][quote name='skaluva']Hi guys,

Most reviews voting for Dell L502x laptop. So i want to go for this one.

My final configuration: (edited)

PROCESSOR 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)

SECURITY SOFTWARE McAfee(R) Security Center - 30days trial

15.6" (39.6cm) FHD (1920x1080) B+RGLED display with TrueLifeâ„¢

MEMORY 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 4GB)

HARD DRIVE 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

OPTICAL DRIVE Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability

VIDEO CARD 2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus

BATTERIES 9 Cell Primary Battery

WIRELESS NETWORK CARD Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS

KEYBOARD Dellâ„¢ Backlit Keyboard (English)

Total cost:63K

Guys,

I've got final amount for this configuration. It is 55,660/-. Actually my max budget is 55K. I think its ok just 660rs more than my budget for this config. Shall i go ahead or change anything? Please suggest me asap as i need to give confirmation to my friend by End of Tomorrow.

You managed to shave off 7.5k :O Great bargaining skills i must say.
Yeah the config if excellent for the price on offer. Go ahead with it.

Thank you very much Dark Angel for timely suggestions right from the beginning and thanks to all who gave nice suggestions to decide my laptop configuration. I will give confirmation to my friend by EOD.

I have one doubt. After how many days i can apply for ownership transfer after receiving laptop?

I bug you people till i get my new laptop:bleh:

skaluva said:
I have one doubt. After how many days i can apply for ownership transfer after receiving laptop?
I've ordered the laptop. I may get it in 10 to 15 days:).
Please somebody clarify my doubt which is quoted above.

Sorry for Hijacking the thread..

I am looking for a backpack for my soon to arrive XPS 15..

Have an eye on two bags - Targus Wanderer and Belkin 15.6 Core. Can anyone confirm here whether XPS 15 will fit in the Wanderer?

And any suggestions for other bags is welcome. Some backpack with room for extra stuff like a few clothes is preferred. Thanks.

Guys, atlast after so many efforts, i got my new laptop:clap:. It was delivered to my home. I'm eagerly waiting to see how it looks like a new born baby:D. I'm still at office:(. I will leave in 15mins. I will chek it and update you guys tomoro.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I checked it guys. Sound and Picture clarity is awesome. I am very much satisfied with this. I've not yet taken internet connection. I will chek it thoroughly once i got internet connection and will post a mine review on the laptop.

Thanks to all who suggested me this laptop.:clap:

Back