Dell XPS 15 Vs New Dell XPS15(Sandybridge)

rite said:
As far as gaming is concerned, SB processors are 0% faster in most current games and in some cases you may experience 5-20% performance gains for the same clock frequency. For other things you may experience a 10-30% difference in performance in the most extreme CPU intensive cases.

They don't even come close to 40%+ performance leave alone 50/70% performance increase!
Verdict
Our tests prove what was to be expected according to some information leaked out in advance: Intel's new quad core Sandy Bridge CPU line up brings a huge performance gain compared to the existing Clarksfield CPUs. Comparing the i7-2720QM CPU to the i7-740QM we observe an outstanding plus of 56.5% on average. Smaller, but still remarkable is the difference between 2920XM and 940XM: +32%.

We saw repeatedly that the i7-2630QM processor, i.e. the entry-level of the new quad core family, can outperform the hitherto strongest chip, the i7-940XM in virtually all tests. This impressively points out the success of the new CPU architecture, which largely exceeds the impact of simply higher clock rates. So, you'll get more power by buying an i7-2720QM for 378 US-Dollar (recommended price so far), which is about the same an i7-740QM cost so far, than an i7-940XM processor delivered, which cost steep 1096 dollar.

Review Intel Sandy Bridge Quad-Core processors - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

rite said:
As far as gaming is concerned, SB processors are 0% faster in most current games and in some cases you may experience 5-20% performance gains for the same clock frequency. For other things you may experience a 10-30% difference in performance in the most extreme CPU intensive cases.

They don't even come close to 40%+ performance leave alone 50/70% performance increase!
In the earlier model, GPU option was limited to nvidia GT425M but now he can order GT540M equipped laptop which is a significant boost in graphics performance.

can u guys tell me how much time did yr laptop took for ship to home as i have ordered new sandy brige i7 xps from dell.want to know time taken for buildup and delivery.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Order for dell xps 15Laptop fromOnline .I want to know how how long will it take for dell my system build up and ship to my home

Hi Guys,
Just now i got a confirmation from Dell care. They are ready to take my laptop and refund money with 1800rs charge. So i'm going to return my laptop and order for new one. Thanks for all your suggestions. I will update you till i get my new laptop:)

skaluva said:
Hi Guys,
Just now i got a confirmation from Dell care. They are ready to take my laptop and refund money with 1800rs charge. So i'm going to return my laptop and order for new one. Thanks for all your suggestions. I will update you till i get my new laptop:)
Thats great news :) Congrats man

skaluva said:
Hi Guys,
Congrats bro!!! When you go in for new SB processors just remember to watch out for the nomenclature....new SB processers have a '2' affixed before the model no and are generally with four digits..so they go something like... core i7- 2720 QM or i7-2630QM

Cheers to you!! now ur a lucky man :) all the best!

Hi Guys, today dell care person confirmed that i'm going to receive my money within 3 working days. Before buying new one, i want to clarify some of the things.

Recently i came to know that dell emps have discount while buying dell laptops. My friend is working for dell and he wants to buy for me. But i have few doubts.

i) He works in B'lore. How to transfer laptop from B'lore to Hyderabad, my place and how much it costs if we use external courier. Or is it possible to book order directly to my place instead of B'lore?.

ii) How to change ownership of laptop if he buys on his name Or is it possible to buy laptop directly on my name?

Waiting for your replies....:)

Thank you very much. I'm glad to see your reply. I have one more doubt. If he gives shipping address as my address, when the courier boy dispatches laptop to my address, do i need to submit his identity proof as it happened with my first laptop, he asked my identity proof. Please clarify.

Ask your friend to mention your name in the shipping address. Then the courier person will ask for your id proof, not his.

This is how it works, as thats exactly how I got my (now three years old!) XPS M1530.

BTW, care to mention how much discount are you getting?

Donno how much i can help you in this. Actually he is not my friend, one of my colleague's friend. Anyway, lets wait first to complete mine and then i will ask him. I donno upto how many people he can buy. I will enquire and update you.

Back