Xiaomi's Cheap Marketing Tricks and How Flipkart is Cashing on it

Should Companies avoid Exclusive launches on Single Ecommerce platform?

• Total voters
Many people get the phone in their cart but they dont proceed to checkout and complete the deal. These phones are not put back on sale until the next sale window opens. I am sure that would be a considerable amount.
3 in my office today did the same.
We all had opened the MI3 sale page from 11am onwards and did not close it. We all 4 got the phone. I think it counts as per oldest sessions. Also changing local system time will affect the countdown on the FK site and even show you the BUY NOW button early but clicking on it will again show the message that sale starts at <date> 2pm.
So the sure shot way to buy it next time is
1) To register
2)To open the session atleast 3-4 hours earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many people get the phone in their cart but they dont proceed to checkout and complete the deal. These phones are not put back on sale until the next sale window opens. I am sure that would be a considerable amount.
3 in my office today did the same.
We all had opened the MI3 sale page from 11am onwards and did not close it. We all 4 got the phone. I think it counts as per oldest sessions. Also changing local system time will affect the countdown on the FK site and even show you the BUY NOW button early but clicking on it will again show the message that sale starts at <date> 2pm.
So the sure shot way to buy it next time is
1) To register
2)To open the session atleast 3-4 hours earlier.[DOUBLEPOST=1407841965][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S. : I think Mods should make this thread as the official Xiaomi MI3 thread now :) since everyone is discussing this phone here itself.
Nope to the bolded part. If you don't buy it within a specified time, the product is released. My friend got an email saying he could buy the Mi3 (during the last to last sale) at around 6pm in the evening. It showed up in his cart automatically. He wasn't able to buy one during the afternoon sale. I had already got one for him, so he ordered for another friend in the group.

I placed order today using SBI debit card.
I was in hurry,i wasn't use any coupon code for the 10% off deal.
Is it necessary to use coupon/code for this offer??
Am i eligible for the 10% off offer?

^AFAIK flipkart follows very transparent discount model... so even someone buys without knowing the offer, he will get the benefit. there is no voucher or so... and all the discount schemes, they publish it on each page listing :) Not like ebay or some other :(

Last edited:
@Dare Devil Nope. You don't have to fulfil any other criteria. You will get the cashback by Oct 17 (according to what they've listed on their site). You can try sending them a mail asking for the same after a month or so just as a reminder.

One of my friend's friend bought the Xiaomi in my cart with his SBI debit card. The final price after accounting for the cashback offer comes to around 12.6k. Damn...that's an amazing deal for this phone.

Back