Xiaomi's Cheap Marketing Tricks and How Flipkart is Cashing on it

Should Companies avoid Exclusive launches on Single Ecommerce platform?

• Total voters

swatkats

Skilled
Update:

Edit
: This looks like a Cheap marketing trick from Xiaomi and flipkart is cashing on it by making it to headlines of every publication.

Till Date only 10,400 Pieces were imported. You should guess who's playing games?

Xiaomi says it sold 10,000 pieces on 23rd july, so did it sell just 400 phones today (29-07) ?

XYxB7PI.jpg

Please read more here how xiaomi leaves Red faced without spending a penny on Marketing. http://bit.ly/UGQl2h

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

before:
Flipkart Crashed again: Should Mobile Companies avoid Exclusive launches on a single platform?

1L1U91N.png
n4pVBGA.jpg

It repeated again. Flipkart crashed within 2-3mins when Mi3 went up for sale today.
This has constantly happened even during the launch of MOTO G, Moto E.
Though, flipkart is scaling its infrastructure every time to give better user experience, the word of mouth of a exciting phone launch is making more users to come online to buy that product at a time.
Companies Like MOTO or Xiaomi should choose 2-3 online platforms like Amazon and Snapdeal for Such much hyped phone launches who have their own logistics & who can control high volume of orders.

The Question is here should Mobile companies restrict Exclusive launches to only one E-commerce sites like Flipkart who are constantly failing to handle high traffic and causing disappointment among potential buyers?

What's your opinion?

Last edited:
Mobile companies could have launched through other channels rather than leaving consumers red faced. I don't understand why companies think Flipkart is the only online e-commerce site in India where they can launch their products? There is Amazon, Croma, Snapdeal and even saholic.
FK is failing constantly, this makes them unfit for exclusive launches.

Mobile companies could have launched through other channels rather than leaving consumers red faced. I don't understand why companies think Flipkart is the only online e-commerce site in India where they can launch their products? There is Amazon, Croma, Snapdeal and even saholic.
FK is failing constantly, this makes them unfit for exclusive launches.
Reliability. Plus projection. And public image would be my guesses. Not to say FK is any day more trustworthy than Snapdeal wrt returns and CC. Amazon can possibly do better, but I'm guessing Xiaomi must have tried all options and before sticking with FK. Barra is no fool. :p

Flipkart is currently the best E-Commerce website we have in India. The amount of traffic that the website gets is very high. Companies want that and Flipkart want exclusivity. Both companies got that.

Xiaomi objective was selling phones in India and create a buzz which they were able to do. The people who were not able to get the phone will rant about it. Not sure eighter company have a problem with this model.

^^ There will always be people who will complain. And everybody knew it wasn't gonna be smooth sailing (after the Moto G crash). Not to mention more than a lac people simultaneously hitting on your site, constantly refreshing and trying to check out. Bound to load a good amount of sites.
That being said, obviously Amazon could've handled it better (seeing how the US and UK sites handle during Black Friday Lightning deals).

Google's servers crashed too during Nexus 4 launches, isn't it. Anyway, at least two platforms should have been good for consumers - Amazon and FK but guess this is Xiaomi's strategy of creating hypes.

Mi3 sale will resume on 29th july. I am sure it will crash again. :facepalm:
More than a lac registrations. 10k units. Of course things will not go smoothly, both online and IRL. Lol.
Even if 40% of those buy, still 40k buyers and 10k SKUs. Nope. Another onslaught.
If I can, will try to purchase just for shits and giggles. :p

Google servers and their errors were hilarious at the Nexus 4 launch. If someone with an infrastructure like Google can fail, I wouldn't hold it against Flipkart. Plus what's this Indian tendency to look at the negatives. They made available, Moto X, E and G for the Indian Consumer, which are the best VFM phones in their price range. Also they have been known to have the best CC service. Try dealing with other e-tailers and you will know.

The people who are complaining now, they will line up their browsers on 29th July again. Most people are bored at office anyway. An exclusive launch is a great way to get the adrenaline flowing again.

I stayed up at night during the Moto G launch and was pretty pumped up the next 5-7 days since I was the only one in my room to have bought the Moto G on the first day. I think I made quite a lot of friends that week itself(I was new to that project.)

Google servers crashing; yes it has happened, Gmail going totally into offline mode yeah atleast at 3 occasions I know about! FB too has gone down at some point, even Whatsapp!
I hadn't been following the then launch of Nexus 4?? Was that launch in time with the Indian launch? I probably think no. Correct me if I'm wrong, and that was a world wide launch! Even a giant can be brought down to its feet!

FK had near about 3 exclusive launches, and they are well aware of the fact that what anticipation Indians give to mobile brands and how price conscious we are. "I want a phone even before anyone else can lay hands on it", its has infact become out motto now a days! My ego is bigger than yours!

After having fallen thrice, havent they even learned the lesson the hard way? This is what the problem is! They know what Xiaomi does exactly or what gimmick/trick the company want to pull out; create that artificial bubble hype and let all traffic on one fine day to just go bonkers! If they had really prepped up I guess we could have created one heck of a history no brand in India till date could have done away with! Say 5000 pieces (exaggerated though aware the previous day 1000 was for priority, figure referenced from Zauba) in 1 minute rather than doing 40 minutes down. It just goes on to show the inefficiency by a provider.

When something doesnt come right, we all have a tendancy to voice up; but we never voice up for what is just! Their FB page was filled with voice saying this and that, but are they even worried today; "NO"; Why because they have know we would be back to the same site to buy more! Comparing to all other ecommerce giants yes FK has a better good customer care, though not perfect they have their own faults and shortcomings! They cannot what Amazon US specific, as I have only shopped from them have done and can do! No matter what they cannot beat that record! In India other e-retailers are quiet horrible, for me personally!

There is an high chance of website crashing badly today as its a holiday.
I doubt flipkart wont be able to..
They have Had just 10.4 k pieces for 100k registered buyers.

------------------------------------------

my thoughts exactly. Well written article.
http://bit.ly/UGQl2h

Last edited:
Back