Xiaomi's Cheap Marketing Tricks and How Flipkart is Cashing on it

Should Companies avoid Exclusive launches on Single Ecommerce platform?

• Total voters
Guess all the small time Chinese OEMs are opting for similar strategy for their target audience, which mostly are the people of the east.

Ok so this is too strange or a sham I was waiting on the FK site for Mi3 and the ticker was counting as soon as it turned Buy Now it went out of stock. In less than a sec. May be they aren't selling any and just claiming that it went OOS in secs

Already over... Page never load for me..

Attachments

• 1407227781305.jpg
    1407227781305.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 169
^ have u ever booked through IRCTC my good man. Now the site has improved by leaps and bounds, before it used to freeze up on time. Never underestimate the Indian buyer

Have used IRCTC zillion times but what happened on FK site can be done only through a grabber script. Humanly stock cannot go out in 1 sec

Its so funny watching these FK/Xiaomi hate posts, esp the FB page of Xiaomi India, its down right embarrassing.
Stuff like I am never going to buy from them ever again.
How believable, NOT.
Xiaomi is not Samsung, it has a different model from sales to operations. People who don't get this are ****ing annoying.
How many hits do you think a site like FK gets in a second, 15,000 units in a second is not even that impressive a stat.
I got the phone in the first priority sale on 21st. EVERYTHING went perfectly, the device itself is a ****ing monster.
Then there were idiots reviewing the phone on flipkart feedback section as to how this was some run of the mill cheap Chinese stuff because the Sim Tray can't be opened, this is some uber 101 Noob level shit. These people should not be buying this phone in the first place.
I still can't believe that review, it was the first review on Mi3. Pissed me off.
There is insane demand for this phone, people are buying multiple units, you think you are alone in this? There is limited supply, get over it.
At times the negative news looks like some Samsung/Micromax funded PR against Xiaomi because it ruining their party, esp Samsung, Xiaomi just became the largest selling mobile company in the largest market in the world in China overtaking Samsung.
With fame comes the haters.

Copy pasta from Reddit.

I see lots of people whining both offline and online not being able to buy this phone.

Not sure whether they realize that they're being stupid in showing their desperation to get the phone and their angriness at Xiaomi/Flipkart at the same time.

Sounds like a matter of hurt pride (or is it sour grapes? :/ ), of not being able to boast about having this newly hyped product while a lucky few get their hands on it.

It just looks like Reliance Power IPO.EVery person on earth wants it share.I also got in from market here.But my case was my original mob was dead.Here i seriously see agrey market sale tactic.Surely ppl getting from flipkart might be selling in grey.Or its flipkart who wants to earn from negative publicity.
I am now seriously doubting flipkart agenda.A loss mking company trying every nook in its book to show its superior.

Have used IRCTC zillion times but what happened on FK site can be done only through a grabber script. Humanly stock cannot go out in 1 sec
Does the FK sale start at the exact time mentioned on their site?

I bought the Moto G on the first day itself. Even though it was mentioned that the sale would start at 12 midnight, I could add the phone to cart at 11.45pm and proceeded to checkout.

Its a hit or miss, the first sale was a safer bet, all the other two were tried and tested, in the second sale it was time based meaning running on your current system time, so some people were able to grab it a minute to some 30 seconds earlier. The time wasnt the server time or synchronised to atomic clocks! The third sale which was on Aug 5, was pretty fastest finger first. exactly at 2PM and 2:00:02, things ran out of luck!! But be aware these are really not any real figures, there is insider deals happening! And those numbers are far from reality about the real number of pieces coming up for sale!

Back