WTF!BSNL has upgraded lines to 2mbps

i just confirmed it with my 2 friends. Same, they are able to download above 60KBps.

I am having spikes of upto 120KBps but its sustaining 62-63.

okk.. i know i have been upped to 2mbps cos thats what it says in the modem config page(adsl link speed 2048kbps) but i'm getting worse speeds then what i used to get in 256 kbps :mad: .. my speeds average around 10-18 kilobytes per second.. before it used to be 30 flat no matter what..

i stay in bangalore..

Funky said:
OMFG!!!!!

this is confirmed news.

Mumbai MTNL NU plans are being tested at 512Kbps. Its on trial basis for now but this may well be forever. This came directly from one high post officer which is my dad's patient. :D

Hey tell Ur dads Patient to alteast give NU plan ppl 1mbps speed if not 2mbps...:p

@ funky. wat's there to test?? either they have the bandwidth or they dont.. i mean.. i dont get this experimentation funda... wats there to experiment with? its either they can provide continous bandwidth of 512kbps to every NU user or are not able to provide.. sheesh.. experimentations are all bull crap.. nothing comes out of it.

but yes..i would like 512kbps. .speeds.. but seriously speaking. 2 mbps would be awesome ;)

and on a sidenote, just when does mtnl plan to roll out 24mbps speeds?? :lol:

chic_magnet said:
@ funky. wat's there to test?? either they have the bandwidth or they dont.. i mean.. i dont get this experimentation funda... wats there to experiment with? its either they can provide continous bandwidth of 512kbps to every NU user or are not able to provide.. sheesh.. experimentations are all bull crap.. nothing comes out of it.

but yes..i would like 512kbps. .speeds.. but seriously speaking. 2 mbps would be awesome ;)

and on a sidenote, just when does mtnl plan to roll out 24mbps speeds?? :lol:

See no isp in india has enough bandwidth to provide all users the advertised speeds at same time. They test it based on average usage. They may give 2mbps to all if the bandwidth they have is able to satisfy users without bringing down the whole network. This has happened in past when dialup was new that network will simply collapse during peak hours. So they have to consider that and thats what they are testing. If the network holds they will continue.

Funky said:
See no isp in india has enough bandwidth to provide all users the advertised speeds at same time.

I don't think so, during dial-up days also FLAG had enough capacity considering the no. of internet users at that time.... but they were simply sitting on it due to monopoly of VSNL.... Only about 2-4 MBps was available for the whole country & thats why during peak hrs it always failed.. :mad: :mad:

But now India has enough bandwidth for now.... There are numerous undersea cables laid by many private players with capacity in TB's... Many more are coming up in the coming months... AIRTEL has the highest capacity to serve all its users & more with the kind of bandwidth it has...followed by Reliance.....

They are just manipulating the weak broadband guidelines which consider 256Kbps as broadband.... Think of all the revenue they get from corporate customers.... I saw the rate card of MTNL in Nov06 which was selling 2MBps for 42000/- with a download limit of 60 GB.... Same rates are also offered by private players....:no: :no:

So do you think they will easily let go all this by giving it @ Rs.999/- .... Thats why all the hiccups.... Every player brag about last mile connectivity but what about customers who have last mile connectivity but don't get broadband @ 2MBps at affordable rates....:mad: :mad: :mad:

Back