WTF!BSNL has upgraded lines to 2mbps

^They'll probably fix it in a day or two... Why don't you give em a ring and spoil his party ? :rofl:

I had 200KBps+ speeds for a fortnight during the Mumbai floods ... ExattNet ...

Y'know guys, this speed should not even be that hard to get for a state owned company like BSNL. I think India got a fkin truckload of badnwidth with it but the goddamn babus could'nt care less about its efficient utilisation.

Think about it, we're the outsourcing/call centre hub. these guys require shitloads of bandwidth. If a small island like sg can provide around a 100 mbits then I see no reason why India can't.

One of the reasons I'm basing my conclusions upon is the fact that most of indian internet access was un affected by the taiwan quake. The tw quake fked up most of SE Asia's internet lines and in case im horribly wrong 80% of India's bandwidth is channeled through singapore which itself was massiveley affetcted by the crisis.

I think the govt have got a backup pipeline or two hidden somewhere to our west. Imagine what would happen if india got dced for even a day. There would be utter chaos the world over.

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Y'know guys, this speed should not even be that hard to get for a state owned company like BSNL. I think India got a fkin truckload of badnwidth with it but the goddamn babus could'nt care less about its efficient utilisation.

Think about it, we're the outsourcing/call centre hub. these guys require shitloads of bandwidth. If a small island like sg can provide around a 100 mbits then I see no reason why India can't.

One of the reasons I'm basing my conclusions upon is the fact that most of indian internet access was un affected by the taiwan quake. The tw quake fked up most of SE Asia's internet lines and in case im horribly wrong 80% of India's bandwidth is channeled through singapore which itself was massiveley affetcted by the crisis.

I think the govt have got a backup pipeline or two hidden somewhere to our west. Imagine what would happen if india got dced for even a day. There would be utter chaos the world over.

Yepp!! India does have a shitload of bandwidth... even in the days of dial-up's but VSNL was sitting on it since they owned FLAG then... also at that time internet users were very small in no. but nobody cared to give out broadband... may be at that time DSL technology was expensive... but now even though DSL tech. is cheap FLAG & even other private players are sitting on bandwidth...:huh: :(

AIRTEL has 2-3 under sea cables... so does TATA, Reliance & BSNL... but they are just milking the customers with capped bandwidth & selling 256kbps as broadband... You must have heard of AIRTEL's Sea-Me-We1 & 2 cable which lands on the east coast of India..

What we need is an educated techno freek in the TRAI who comes out with very strict guidelines so that we get broadband @ speeds over 1 MBps with no cap on download.... at affordable rates... I think an unlimited 2MBps line should not be more than Rs.500/- per month but I guess it will take another three years for people in India to wake up & see this kind of bandwidth in their homes.....:( :(

Till that time ISP's will continue milking the cusrtomers....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lol, these c**ts need to realise that there is more than ****ing profits. Sometime back bsnl was selling a 256 kbit with 400 mb dl limit. Thats like taking a ferrari and adding a refrigerator on top of it.

geekhead83 said:
^^ hows the hathway service?? i stopped using it a cpl of yrs back coz of pathetic customer service. arrogant @%^#$@%^
also whats the cost of 512 unlimited?
For me hathway is better......i paid ard 3704(including some 350 for plan change) for 6 months prepaid......7gb total day download allowed night 11 to morning 9 unlimited.....and right now ard 1month 2days has passed and my day states is ard 700mb so going good for me....(its 512kbps plan...i download ard 1.3gb if i get good speedin nights or else anything above 900 mb)

Alsoin my area chembur.......its bettr as hathway is jus stone throw away and its like a hathway territory for cables in my building...so when i tried to get exattnet through another cable wala he said yes signed the papers but nver returned.....

In all downtime is very less.....also noprobs with settingsof dns and all...but yalan sharing as u may b knowing is restricted..so no hub stuff exist orif they does quite complex settings....

I would suggest only go with them...if u cant get airtel around......but now i guess mnl too is improving so get that andpray u r said to be old customers when u get connection for getting this fantastic speed......

MTNL /BSNL recommended since i guess they willbe the first togive unlimit plans...though not on 2 mbps but maybe u can get on some 512+kbps planat cheaper rate in future.....

params7 said:
Lol people getting excited at capped 2mbps plans.
It's unlimited between 2-8 AM for all subscribers, so it's perfectly justified to get excited.
Unlimited downloading at 2 mb/s for 6 hours is still twice that of unlimited downloading at 256 kb/s for 24 hours :)

Not to mention the UL900 plan which doesn't have any sort of download limit at all.

saumilsingh said:
It's unlimited between 2-8 AM for all subscribers, so it's perfectly justified to get excited.
Unlimited downloading at 2 mb/s for 6 hours is still twice that of unlimited downloading at 256 kb/s for 24 hours :)

Not to mention the UL900 plan which doesn't have any sort of download limit at all.

Actually, unlimited plans arent supposed to get 2mbps.

Abt the night unlimited, I agree....4.2GB in 6 hrs is awesome. I can do abt 2 GB a day with 256kbps...

saumilsingh said:

I don't think the UL900 plan is getting 2mbps.

And yeah, Funky pointed that out, didn't know they had it unlm between 2-8.

Btw guys, does BSNL operate in New Delhi?? If Airtel doesn't jump in the 2mbps wagon by March end, I'll have to consider changing the ISP's to BSNL then.

Seed said:
haha looks like new years is just full of surprises.. everyone on NU, speeds back to "normal" ?

xD

And i know of smart asses who already migrated from 900 ul to 500 home. :eek:hyeah: :cool2: and posted their cool experiences in online forums. :bleh:

hey. me a nu user and havent seen any 2mbps bursts here. sheesh...

and my uncle whose on 400mb plan is still on 256kbps.. .. he is not complaining though.. lol..... but i`m .. sheesh.. i wanty 2mbps!

my net conn. is kinda slow since this morning..i'm getting speeds in the range of 64kbps - 128kbps...dunno whats wrong...am on UL900.

i think those on 2mbps are draining all my bandwidth :lol:

Not a gimmick, just dodgy;
I was getting 2mbps full day yesterday, today it's 512kbps.
The upload speeds have been increased to 256kbps as well.

All sorts of other confusion is going on, many UL900 users are getting 2mbps for some reason.
It will take 2-3 weeks for everything to start working as intended, this is an 8 times bandwidth increase we are talking about.

OMFG!!!!!

this is confirmed news.

Mumbai MTNL NU plans are being tested at 512Kbps. Its on trial basis for now but this may well be forever. This came directly from one high post officer which is my dad's patient. :D

EDIT: just tested this. and its downloading at 62KBps right now :D

Back