Windows 8 - Feedback thread

@aquaticbullet buddy. YGPM. Guys how has your experience been with win 8 till now?

I did a clean install yesterday using the upgrade offer and so far so good
I had already tried the Developer preview when it came out earlier,didn't find much difference as such though i haven't got time to mess around with it :p

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Congratz buddy, here is no use mocking people who paid for it :|.
How are you so confident that your license would be valid after 180 days, you will only know that once the 180 day period is over :23:

By the way yes IE 10 is there pre installed in win 8 pro.

Finally .. i am on windows 8. Loving it so far. But would rely on good old win 7 for all work related tasks as of now.
Thanks everyone for helping me out. :)

Doubt : why cant i use my product key to get the media centre pack ?? :angel:

i am kind a stuck on the netfx3 patch. basically i need some apps that work on .net framework 3 and 3.5.does anybody has the setup for it to run on windows 8. i cannot get online since those apps need .netframework 3 nad hence cannot do an online update.the source/sxs method failed on me too.PS: using the the enterprise edition

Finally .. i am on windows 8. Loving it so far. But would rely on good old win 7 for all work related tasks as of now.
Thanks everyone for helping me out. :)

Doubt : why cant i use my product key to get the media centre pack ?? :angel:
I thought of calling you but instead it seems that you have solved all the trouble. Tell me were you successful in installing both the OS on two different partitions, using the 699 offer.

I thought of calling you but instead it seems that you have solved all the trouble. Tell me were you successful in installing both the OS on two different partitions, using the 699 offer.

Mate i got a separate key from the dreamspark. So i didnt use 699 offer. Why do u wanna get 699 offer.Ask in the dreamspark thread for a spare key.

Finally i upgraded to Windows 8 from 7 overall very smooth installation and also upgraded to KIS 2013 when i entered the start screen. Somehow i can't access windows store and music services it shows a blank loading screen.Also do anyone get Office 2013 preview by default

One major thing I wish Microsoft would address is the ability to choose the installation folder of Windows Store Apps. The apps get installed on the C drive by default which is not my first preference. There is a registry way of changing the installation folder but it has its niggles.

Can anyone tell me why i an not able to use any metro apps like music,videos,store etc .It just shows the loading screen and nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me why i an not able to use any metro apps like music,videos,store etc .It just shows the loading screen and nothing happens.

If you had installed kaspersky 2013 uninstall it i had the same problem too with kaspersky installed,
check your internet connection and updated you GC drivers
also make sure your resolution is > 1024*480

I have AMD C-60 based netbook I have been trying to install W8 from last couple of days but for some reason it gave BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.
Upon quick google search I found it is because of some AMD AHCI drivers error, solution is to replace amdsbs.sys from install.wim I am going to give it a shot.
Its very sad to see that Microsoft released OS without proper testing :(

My resolution is 1080p and i am on latest Whql 306.97 drivers. So only thing remain is the KIS 2013 itself but is it safe to uninstall antivirus or you are using it's alternatives.I will try to check after the uninstall and will post back

I have AMD C-60 based netbook I have been trying to install W8 from last couple of days but for some reason it gave BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.
Upon quick google search I found it is because of some AMD AHCI drivers error, solution is to replace amdsbs.sys from install.wim I am going to give it a shot.
It very sad that Microsoft released OS without proper testing :(

is your resolution more than 1366x768?

Back