Windows 8 - Feedback thread

Windows 8 is irritating and cumbersome.. its very hard to modify, reach settings and try stuff we want.. all the options are scattered helter skelter.. its practically a locked in system.. the start menu is for people who grew up with android in their laps.. not for people of xp descent.. xp was awesome in terms you could change the entire os to your liking.. win 7 was slightly harder but nonetheless it was possible.. this crap is seriously hard!! try turning off options you dont need

I agree (most of us) that there is a learning curve on Win 8. But if you spend some time and try understanding the the functionality of start screen, you might be able to appreciate it better.

But yeah, I would say u will have to google a little initially and seriously start using the "search/find" feature in start menu.

I use win 8 with StartisBack or something like that installed, out goes the learning curve and its like win 7 now.
I really do like the new features though, quicker to manage multiple connections, and get to my email, fb etc...Its just so much easier....

Guys, is there any way by which I can get the start button in Windows 8 Pro 64 bit like the old Windows 7? Its very annoying using Windows 8 without a start button

Since i want to stick to the essence of the thread , i would just like to say that windows 8 for me had been absolutely fantastic and glitch free.
I have used it for about 4 months now and the user interface is freaking awesome.
I have used it for productivity purposes as well as the normal media consumption and it is fanastic.

Thanks for someone going to be using Steam, other PC games, office and multimedia, I am looking to upgrade to Win 8, should I move on or stick to Win 7?

I don't think a start button is compulsory.

Trust me, if you are juggling work with multiple spreadsheets and presentations, you surely do not need a 'BIG, TILED START MENU WHICH COVERS EVERYTHING ELSE' when you need to start Notepad and VPN connectivity. Anyways, its a lost cause.

Tomorrow will be formatting one of my W8 laptops to 7. With all the issues faced today with 8, the start menu was the least of my issues, the lagging was super freaking clumsy. But that's easily attributed to the HDD -> A Hitachi Travelmaster. I have 2, one kaput, and can say proudly that is one of the slowest drives.

Guys, I am struggling with Win 8, did a fresh install on a brand new SSD, none of my games are working, BF3 sayin the program has stopped working, so does most games from Steam, has anyone else had these issues?!

Guys, I am struggling with Win 8, did a fresh install on a brand new SSD, none of my games are working, BF3 sayin the program has stopped working, so does most games from Steam, has anyone else had these issues?!
Dont you think its the case with any fresh os install leave alone win 8?
Ok.. after fresh os installation, u will have to install every software that u had already to run them all again

If you are much into gaming mate i do recommend you to go back to windows 7 for a while( say 5 to 6 months)
My friend is also having the same problems and he got back to 7 and its sorted now.

Dont you think its the case with any fresh os install leave alone win 8?
Ok.. after fresh os installation, u will have to install every software that u had already to run them all again

With Steam one doesnt really have to install the games again, just do a integrity check and you should be good to go.

If you are much into gaming mate i do recommend you to go back to windows 7 for a while( say 5 to 6 months)
My friend is also having the same problems and he got back to 7 and its sorted now.

Yes, doing that as we speak, may also be something with the "N" version of Win 8 Pro I downloaded, the windows experience itself doesnt work, says 'cannot complete, your computer lacks multimedia support'

Back