Which one - WDTV (Rs 5475) Or WDTV Live (Rs 6582) ?

Where is the WDTV Live available for Rs.6582?!Any place in Hyderabad?I want to use it with my 25" Sony CRT TV.Does it work well with CRTs(component in)?

shrjun said:
Does it work well with CRTs(component in)?
Not unless your TV is capable of progressive scan. WD TV Live cannot output interlaced video over component put. I've a 29" Panasonic Tau with component input, due to the absence of progressive scan I get two images when I connect WD TV Live using component cable. There is no setting in WD TV Live to output interlaced video as of now. May be a furture firmware will fix it.
However you can always use the composite input though.

mod-the-pc said:
Not unless your TV is capable of progressive scan. WD TV Live cannot output interlaced video. I've a 29" Panasonic Tau with component input, due to the absence of progressive scan I get two images when I connect WD TV Live using component cable. There is no setting in WD TV Live to output interlaced video as of now. May be a furture firmware will fix it.

However you can always use the composite input though.
1.Do you have any problems with cropping of the image (vertical/horizontal)when playing 720p videos?

2.Is there strange flickering of the menu screen on your CRT TV?

3.Are there any particular file extensions that the WDTV Live does not play ?

I've asked the first 2 queries because these appear to be common problems as noted on the WDTV forum.

I've got a 25" Sony Wega CRT(2007/8 model)incidentally.

People who own the Playon Mini....

How do you reduce the size of the subtitles? Its at 56, occupying the entire screen, but wont reduce at all... Please help!

shrjun, with composite input my answers are as below:

1.Do you have any problems with cropping of the image (vertical/horizontal)when playing 720p videos?
No
2.Is there strange flickering of the menu screen on your CRT TV?
No
3.Are there any particular file extensions that the WDTV Live does not play ?
It plays almost everyting in my collection but for flv encoded in H263

Back