which is the best browser?

machbio

Recruit
May 11, 2009
the best browser definitely has to be firefox for its functionalities... some one mentioned opera for its functions.. no way.. no one can beat the firefox domination...
i am a browser freak.. i have tried almost all the browser that exist in this world.. and tested them too..
i have tried firefox,chrome, ie, maxthon, opera, luna, sea monkey, flock, safari, tor browser and some lesser known..comet free gate...

let me review some of them...
firefox ---awesome browser..with its extensions.. u can do hell lot of things.. i maintain all my internet life in it...
chrome---my default browser... not that is better then firefox but its start time is extremely fast..
opera --- the browser on my pendrive.. its best with its small utilities.. its portable version is awesome..
seamonkey---application suite from mozilla.. its same as mozilla..
ie--- i love this.. dont know why everyone keep bashing it.. its good.. just that microsoft has lot of noob users and without any extension unlike firefox.. its pretty classy to look at..
maxthon--- another browser to just maintain.. lot of chinese users use this...
luna--- its a triple browser engine.. it uses ie, firefox and chrome engine built into it.. u can use any of them...
flock--- modified mozilla.. is the best for people who are social networking crazy.. i think its better then firefox itself...
tor--- to browse anonymously.. can be used for sql injection.. if u people knew wat it is..and u can even keep changing the ip address.. its awesome...
safari--- its got some program that opens any webpage fastest.. it does less threading then any other browser.. i am typing this from safari..
comet--- browser from bitcomet... not much to say about it..
freegate---its got some functions to download files from rapidshare on a free account.. repeadately...
finally.. the browser is more of a window to ur outer world.. everyones house does not have the same window...

Speedz

Adept
Sep 22, 2007
Personally, I believe there are 2 browsers which suit anyones need.

Chrome - For the no fuss, fast core browsing.

Firefox - For the add-ons loving public.People who like wierd skins and apps on their browser which makes their browsing "EASIER n FUN". How i don't know...

Personally chrome kicks ass thanks to its simple and fast interface.Only downside, none.

sickizblank

Adept
Jan 10, 2009
I'm confused between Firefox and Chrome.

Dunno what google have done to Google Search Engine , Orkut , GMail. It feels very slow on Firefox and extremely fast on Chrome.

Although firefox has a way lot of features. On the other hand Chrome is still in it's development stage. :)

tkin

Adept
May 31, 2009
Kolkata
Speedz said:
Personally, I believe there are 2 browsers which suit anyones need.

Chrome - For the no fuss, fast core browsing.

Firefox - For the add-ons loving public.People who like wierd skins and apps on their browser which makes their browsing "EASIER n FUN". How i don't know...

Personally chrome kicks ass thanks to its simple and fast interface.Only downside, none.
Chrome is good, only downside is that it installs two services(google updater) that runs on background :mad: why the hell would browsers have applications running in background:mad:? Also even if I remove it, it comes back, erased chrome and the updater out of existance from my PC and as long as I live no more Google software on my PC:no:(except Picasa, but it does not come with that updater thingy:eek:hyeah:).

tkin

Adept
May 31, 2009
Kolkata
sickizblank said:
I'm confused between Firefox and Chrome.

Dunno what google have done to Google Search Engine , Orkut , GMail. It feels very slow on Firefox and extremely fast on Chrome.

Although firefox has a way lot of features. On the other hand Chrome is still in it's development stage. :)
Don't worry, it will remain in developement stage for the rest of its life, no google software(web based) ever becomes final, remember GMail, its still beta? :p:bleh:

Striker10

Skilled
Mar 25, 2005
www.techenclave.com
tkin said:
Chrome is good, only downside is that it installs two services(google updater) that runs on background :mad: why the hell would browsers have applications running in background:mad:? Also even if I remove it, it comes back, erased chrome and the updater out of existance from my PC and as long as I live no more Google software on my PC:no:(except Picasa, but it does not come with that updater thingy:eek:hyeah:).

try using group editor and stop google update from starting up :eek:hyeah:
--
1.Boot into Safe Mode (tap F8 repeatedly after you restart the computer)
2.Log in using the Administrator account
3.Go to C:\Program Files\Google\update.exe or whatever it is
4.Right-click update.exe-> properties-> security-> advanced
5.Under the Permissions tab click on SYSTEM under Permission entries:
6.Edit-> Traverse Folder / Execute File-> deny-> ok ->apply-> yes -> ok-> ok
7.Reboot the computer into Normal Mode (start-> shutdown-> restart)

vicente

Disciple
Aug 25, 2005
Chrome has a great scripting engine(twice as fast as ff3.5) but the Firefox rendering engine is still the best. So for a smooth and zippy browsing experience, opt for Firefox. When using pages that have heavy dynamic html scripting (webapps such as 'Google Docs' have), opt for Chrome.

My pick -> Firefox for its zippy browsing experience, plugin support, themes support, memory utilization.

Emil

Skilled
Nov 10, 2005
Mumbai
I use Avant, IE 7, Firefox and Chrome.

Of these, I like the last two best.

I use Avant now only to browse within our Intranet. It is an old version.

IE 7 takes an age to open new tabs.

FF takes sometime to start up but runs fine after that.

Chrome is great with just a few tabs but opens new processes for each tab. Once you have several tabs open, it becomes very slow in responding to right click on links. It has the simplest and cleanest interface IMHO.

jith77

Adept
Mar 19, 2007
ok...if speed is the issue...i say chrome...i used firefox 3, opera 9 , ie7 and chrome on ultra slow net and opened different websites side by side...this was some months ago though

results....chrome and firefox were the fastest...in many sites chrome was faster....however, the expection was opera; which was the fastest when opening wikipedia...ie7 was not fast in any

so using chrome for browsing and firefox for downloading with flashget

tkin

Adept
May 31, 2009
Kolkata
Striker10 said:
try using group editor and stop google update from starting up :eek:hyeah:
--
1.Boot into Safe Mode (tap F8 repeatedly after you restart the computer)
2.Log in using the Administrator account
3.Go to C:\Program Files\Google\update.exe or whatever it is
4.Right-click update.exe-> properties-> security-> advanced
5.Under the Permissions tab click on SYSTEM under Permission entries:
6.Edit-> Traverse Folder / Execute File-> deny-> ok ->apply-> yes -> ok-> ok
7.Reboot the computer into Normal Mode (start-> shutdown-> restart)
Another better way(what I used) was to stop the processes through services panel, delete the files, erase it from registry, literally erase updater to oblivion:hap2:, but as soon as I updated Chrome it came back(now they included it with Picasa:().

I don't believe in conspiracy theory but somehow I think google wants to keep tabs on everything, they already know our browsing habits, why let them sneak in our PC, there's no reason for google to include a updater service that runs at startup, at least no browser company including MS ever included one, firefox and opera updates itself when started, and I'm to believe google needs a software constantly monitoring our PC to do this:mad:. I hate google for this, maybe you don't believe me but I believe google is spying on us:mad:.

bluheart

Disciple
Jun 21, 2009
OPERA is best for slow connections, FIREFOX best for broadband, SAFARI good for broadband, IE8 good for slow browsing on broadband but its secure

i use all these lolz