which is the best browser?

anuradha20

Disciple
Jun 12, 2009
Internet Explorer ,Firefox , Google Chrome , Opera ,Avant , Netscape Navigator , Safari , NetCruiser ,NeoPlanet ,

Multi purpose brows: Internet Explorer Good
fast Browsing Firefox , Google Chrome

Indyan

Adept
Dec 18, 2004
Nice to see so many Opera fans here. Opera is a neglected browser. Once you get used to the Opera way you just cant go back to other browsers.

sachin1

Disciple
Jan 3, 2009
hey guys i downloaded google chrome from google's official website .the size of the file was 566kb. proceeding with the installation an error occurs when it tries to connect google.
any idea about this?

tkin

Adept
May 31, 2009
Kolkata
Indyan said:
Nice to see so many Opera fans here. Opera is a neglected browser. Once you get used to the Opera way you just cant go back to other browsers.
Yeah, I know, for me Opera is a lot faster than FF, but I still use FF as for some reason using opera I can't log in to any google account:mad: (browser check??) and FF's video downloader plugin is must for dloading videos from youtube like sites:clap:

cyanide911

Adept
May 13, 2009
For me,

Firefox : Used to be my favorite, but has gotten really slow, bloated, and memory hogging.

Opera : It's nice, just not what I need

Chrome : HOLY SHIT LIGHTSPEED. Seriously, it's fast.

@Sachin1: It must be your firewall blocking the installation, because the 500KB file downloads around 7-8mb which is the actual chrome installation.

M@crosoft

The Weather Man !
Adept
Jun 6, 2009
Varanasi
to sachin1
-disable any firewall protection like if u are having "comodo" just disable it !it's gonna work 4 u, sure:)

cheers,
microsoft.:cool2:

M@crosoft

The Weather Man !
Adept
Jun 6, 2009
Varanasi
hey guys i have noticed a big thing with firefox ,opera and chrome.
i installed these 3 browsers on my old celeron and then i started to open websites which contain large amount of images.
i noticed that FF and chrome were lagging when i was scrolling down the pages.but it wasn't the case with opera.
and the installation size of opera is very less as compared to chrome and FF .
also i didn't noticed any speed difference in chrome and opera.

so from now i have become a fan of opera:)

cheers,
microsoft.

tkin

Adept
May 31, 2009
Kolkata
microsoft said:
hey guys i have noticed a big thing with firefox ,opera and chrome.
i installed these 3 browsers on my old celeron and then i started to open websites which contain large amount of images.
i noticed that FF and chrome were lagging when i was scrolling down the pages.but it wasn't the case with opera.
and the installation size of opera is very less as compared to chrome and FF .
also i didn't noticed any speed difference in chrome and opera.

so from now i have become a fan of opera:)

cheers,
microsoft.
Welcome to the club mate:cool2:.

PS- Opera has cool widgets you can use, for me the touchthesky widget is really helpful, displays ambient temperature of locality:clap:.

prabs

Skilled
Jul 24, 2006
I like the amount of customization you can do in firefox. Incognito Chrome is also a good a browser (I have got a portable chrome which contains this and not talking about pressing Ctrl+Shift+N in google chrome). But, Out of the box without any customization Opera is the best.

vinaycm

Adept
Nov 24, 2007
vinaycm.blogspot.com
My personal prefernece is opera.. The only downside i've obeserved at some occations that it being a memory hog when opening a large number of pages with loads of content.. Though no noticeable performance lag is there..