Tomb Raider - Discussion Thread

But i keep failing in almost all the key pressing cut-scenes (dont like 'em).
But they could have kept the health system, don't really like the COD style health.

PS. Silent takedowns was a bit too much. Lara taking down a guy, a mercenary twice her size from behind ... not a really plausible thing.

Failing in key pressing = not completing the game. Learn it quick or else you will spend extra hours to compelte the game :p

IMO, the HUD-less gameplay allowed the cinematic/dramatic look and feel for the game. You dont have to worry about looking at your HUD and instead can spend that valuable time admiring the surroundings (for some people - admiring LC :p).

Silent take downs arent 1 hit which makes it still believable. I loved the mud throwing-blinding the enemy concept here. It suits the fragile LC well and goes good with the characterization.

After a long break, started off with the title. Thanks for the recommendation Gannu bhai. 1k well spent. Around 4 hrs into the game. The cinematic experience feel good. Similar to uc2 I guess, but more terrifying. The graphics looks great. I got around 42 FSP in ultimate settings. For some reason I can't turn on 3D. It just won't turn on. And also faced a crappy glitch that didn't load the ground after camp 4. Had to restart the entire game. Fortunately it hardly takes 30 mins to get there. Well, it was worth it.

Just completed the title. I am at a loss for words. Incredible game. One of the best to come out in the recent years esp. for the PC. Easily rivals the Uncharted series in terms of the gameplay, dynamic QTEs, development values, visuals. The last level was a rollercoaster ride! 10/10 from my side and a definitive contender for this year's GOTY. The next most anticipated title arrives this 26th - Bioshock Infinite. :D

Just finished it too. Great game, but not GOTY material IMO. The story was a letdown - too cliche and predictable so I'd give this game an 8/10. The art direction and immersion on the other hand, WOW. Seriously blew me away. I had to play it on "Normal" quality to get a locked 60fps but it still looked better than any other game I've played so far. On Ultimate, it looks like a pre-rendered CG feature film at times. I was amazed by how fluid the character animation was. Didn't feel like a video game. The game was beautifully optimized too. Other developers should take notes. Even Skyrim runs worse than Tomb Raider on my computer.

I used to be a huge TR fan back in the day but the last few games just left a bad taste in my mouth. This reboot has successfully sparked my interest in the franchise again. More please!

Looks like there will be no single player DLCs for the game, Crystal Dynamics has confirmed.

Allwyn, what are you into nowadays?

Anniversary is a must play. Legends was extremely short. I enjoyed Underworld, for what it had to offer. But Anniversary clearly aced all of them.

Just finished the game, I wasnt first aware that cory barlog(GOW and GOW2) was directing the cinematics in this game, now wonder they were good.
The story was great and the combat was solid. the game looked bloody gorgoeus all the way thanks to tesselation. Its very clear how CD has borrowed its game mechanics from several great games for example the relic examination from LA noire, the movement mechanics from AC. overalll the game was awesome

Anyone using the much hyped TressFX settings with nVidia gpu? I heard there were serious issues with that settings in the green camp.
I think the latest drivers fix everything. I saw some benchmark where an Nvidia card even outperformed AMD with TressFX on.

@Gannu, If that's the case, I'd rather play some new game :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the game yesterday. It was one hell of a ride. Felt like a movie most of the time. Clocked 77% completion and around 12 hrs of game play. Everything was well done, but the bugs are really annoying although there are just a few.

. the game looked bloody gorgoeus all the way thanks to tesselation.
lol it does nothing rather than smoothening the curves.Even when its off they are hardly noticeable.

Anyone using the much hyped TressFX settings with nVidia gpu? I heard there were serious issues with that settings in the green camp.
Yes the hair looks better with tress fx but its sh**e.I dont know how many of you remember alice : madness returns there also the hair animation was awesome but without any performance hit.

Back