Tomb Raider - Discussion Thread

BTW.. I found one minor bug when "Tap e to open (forgot the word :p embarrassed) the door" kinda message was popping up even after i opened the door and had travelled a decent distance. Tried opening a box and still the message persisted. It went away when i restarted the game though :p

Just completed the title. I am at a loss for words. Incredible game. One of the best to come out in the recent years esp. for the PC. Easily rivals the Uncharted series in terms of the gameplay, dynamic QTEs, development values, visuals. The last level was a rollercoaster ride! 10/10 from my side and a definitive contender for this year's GOTY. The next most anticipated title arrives this 26th - Bioshock Infinite. :D

@Gannu how much time you took to complete it?

Not sure man. Must be somewhere around 12 hours I am guessing since Lara was roaming around a lot of areas searching for documents and artifacts. Did not revisit any of the previous locations though. Completion rate indicated 93% towards the end-game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure man. Must be somewhere around 12 hours I am guessing since Lara was roaming around a lot of areas searching for documents and artifacts. Did not revisit any of the previous locations though. Completion rate indicated 93% towards the end-game.
9hrs into the game
I am on my way to the endurance camp or something to find Alex
@Gannu am i any close to the finale?? how much of it is left from here?

9hrs into the game
I am on my way to the endurance camp or something to find Alex
@Gannu am i any close to the finale?? how much of it is left from here?

Yes. Almost there. Once you are back from the Endurance, it is hardly another couple of hours before you wind up the game. :)

To add, yesterday the game gave me a near close to heart attack when it said the save slot is corrupted and i can replace the save slot with new game if i like to.

And at the time
I was in the cave (dived into the blood pool after LC was caught trying to free Sam)

I retried to load the game again and somehow, donno how, it worked though the slot was appearing as corrupted.

Will find and save the savefile once I get back home today.
Continued the game late last night so when it auto fixed itself, I dint bother to search for the save file and secure it.. too lazy and eager to get on with the game :)

When I stopped the game it was 5 am and was too tired evwn to think about save files.

To add, yesterday the game gave me a near close to heart attack when it said the save slot is corrupted and i can replace the save slot with new game if i like to.

And at the time
I was in the cave (dived into the blood pool after LC was caught trying to free Sam)

I retried to load the game again and somehow, donno how, it worked though the slot was appearing as corrupted.

yes i got the same problem . just restart the steam and it will all be ok ![DOUBLEPOST=1363243719][/DOUBLEPOST]
thanks man ! I have given 15 hour and still done 45% !

yes i got the same problem . just restart the steam and it will all be ok ![DOUBLEPOST=1363243719][/DOUBLEPOST]
thanks man ! I have given 15 hour and still done 45% !
What is your progress so far?? make sure you put it in spoilers :)[DOUBLEPOST=1363249822][/DOUBLEPOST]@Gannu - btw, I found another mansion kinda cave again near the windmill area. How about u ?

Finished the game. Had so so much fun playing it. It's the only game after sleep dogs I've had so much fun and excitement playing.. a must buy for all. Yes it didn't have those mind boggling puzzles that previous tomb raiders had. And I had to check walk throughs to proceed.. but definitely a must buy for all..

Completed.
Fan rating :- 6/10
General gamer rating :- 9/10

Yes the game in general is awesome.Complete hollywood entertainer. But as a fan like i said before i am a bit disappointed.

This game has very less originality in terms of gameplay and levels.The creators took the best parts of some other games and assembled them in a beautiful manner.Thus a survivor is born! If i remember correctly then there are some stages which resembles too much with Resident evil 4.No doubt the gameplay has too much influence of uncharted.Pardon my language here but like some other games this one too has been made noob friendly.Most probably on purpose for obvious business reasons.You can easily figure out the puzzles,can win any fight without even loosing much of your health.On top of that there are really no boss fights.
The story is really good but the climax is not.I was expecting a bit more from the climax.

Lastly i would say this is not a bad reboot like DMC. Dosent matters if you are a tomb raider fan or not you will like it.

Started this yesterday. It looks pretty gud. Dunno no game has really made me wow as much as BF3 did.
Gameplay is pretty solid. All the animations seem very fluid. But i keep failing in almost all the key pressing cut-scenes (dont like 'em).
The story is also unfolding nicely. Hope it is not like what i am already picturing in my mind.
But they could have kept the health system, don't really like the COD style health.
Who ever designed lara has done a fine job (in every department).
Hope they do make a lara game with the unsolvable puzzles and jumps u just cant make. Really miss them.

PS. Silent takedowns was a bit too much. Lara taking down a guy, a mercenary twice her size from behind ... not a really plausible thing.

Back